Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like others have said, the only good thing about this heat is the washing dries so quickly.
I have to say I am dreading this weekend if the temperature / news is right. 🥵 I’m finding it a bit of a struggle now to be honest. 🥵

Reactions: 6
The only thing I like about this time of year is how long the days are 🤣 the heat and mugginess can GTF 🖕🏻 Can’t stand people walking their dogs in this heat - it’s vile and such ignorant mistreatment.

Reactions: 3
Heat is awful when you have to work completely different to holiday heat wearing swimwear lounging by the pool then sleeping in a room with air con.

Reactions: 7
Very lucky to live by the sea, about a mile away. I know the sea breeze saves us from the worst of the heat. However, I’m still sleeping on the floor in the lounge with a draft coming through from the kitchen. In a bungalow so can’t have the windows open at night and it is 26c in here.

I managed quite well today, there was a breeze which did help, I did have a problem
when I was stuck in traffic.... yes motorcycles can get stuck in traffic you know!!!

Anyway, drank plenty and even got home early to a very hot house, the coldest
room is the bathroom so going for a piss is sheer heaven.

I've heard that temperatures are set to go about 30 degrees, I might try and get next
week off because I don't think I can work in that heat.

Reactions: 1
Perfect temperature for me in summer is low 20s. I can sleep fine and don't sweat too much just walking 10 yards.

Had to get out of bed just now to open my window it’s so stuffy. Had a quick look on bbc weather and it’s 20 degrees! It’s not even 6am 🤣 no wonder I’m sweating. I live about 10 minutes walk from the sea and it’s still this hot. I shouldn’t complain as I bet it’s boiling in other parts of the country. Am lucky to be by the coast. Monday is saying highs of 30 😯

That feeling when you wake up with sweaty neck that's been against the pillow all night 🤢

Opened window to let breeze in...no breeze.

Not impressed with this humidity, grey skies and raining but it’s still roasting! At least give me some sun so I can get my washing out 😂

• Haha
Strange thing is I can sleep ok at night. It's just the daytime which is uncomfortable with the extreme heat.

• Haha
Overcast and 25 here so far today. There is no breeze at all, just hot and sweaty. Says its going to reach highs of 32 and Sunday expected to be hottest ever 😭😭🥵🥵🥵

Does anyone else remember summer 1976? I remember our back lawn showing large patches of dried, cracked earth between yellowed grass. I have a general memory of always being hot and sweaty and wearing only shorts most of the time. I recall my mum putting orange juice into little compartments used to freeze ice cubes and my keeping cool by consuming the products.

I was sweating walking the dog at 7:30 this morning 🥵
Me too! I took mine out at 7am thinking it will be nice and cool. I was really sweating and had to come home and run a cold bath! It's gross! I definitely don't think it will cool down enough this eve to get my dog out again :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.