Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use Bondi Sands facial SPF all year round. Its really good.

For my body I buy whatever is cheap and 5 star protection. Usually Aldi own brand.
I only recently discovered the bondi sands brand. It's nice and smells pretty good too. It is a coconut one, so has a fairly strong smell of coconut, but not overpowering.

17 here today and feels nice and cool with a breeze/some light drizzle earlier this morning. Was so hot over the weekend and I couldn’t bear it, especially at night with the humidity. I’m not a fan of hot summers, prefer it to stay in the low 20s.

I like Bondi Sands for face too. Whatever’s cheap and has a 5 star rating on the bottle the rest of the time.

^ Sunscreens and their ingredients. Explains what they mean, ranks some stuff. The newer generation of filters provide greater photostability (Tinosorb S and M, Uvinul T and A) So that's what I look for.

Approx how much you should apply and what most people actually apply.

Face and Neck
q.jpg

Arms
w.jpg

Legs

e.jpg

Front and Back of Body ea.
r.jpg

Don't forget to apply to tops of ears, between toes etc. Areas most people overlook and where skin cancer is often found as a result. Also, they recommend you apply even more to your nose as the sun hits it directly and sweat, inadvertently rubbing it throughout the day etc removes some protection and it's a difficult area to treat - can leave the person disfigured.

Personally, I prefer UPF clothing. https://www.solbari.co.uk/ It works out cheaper quite quickly and offers superior protection. Oh, and not as stylish but wraparound sunglasses are better, UV rays bounce off and damage skin behind traditionally-shaped glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What is the difference between face sunscreen and normal sunscreen? I thought it was all the same and can be used as so, no?

What is the difference between face sunscreen and normal sunscreen? I thought it was all the same and can be used as so, no?
Face sun creams are usually more lightweight and gentler on your skin. The skin on your face tends to be more sensitive, plus many face creams are designed so you can wear under makeup daily and aren’t as oily.

Reactions: 1
I've got an job interview on Monday and it's going to be 34 where I am. As it's formal wear I'm worried I'm going to be a dripping mess by the time I get there 😫 I'd usually wear a navy trouser suit with a blouse but I'm wondering if I can get away with just wearing the trousers and a smart short sleeved blouse. It's bugging me something rotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've got an job interview on Monday and it's going to be 34 where I am. As it's formal wear I'm worried I'm going to be a dripping mess by the time I get there 😫 I'd usually wear a navy trouser suit with a blouse but I'm wondering if I can get away with just wearing the trousers and a smart short sleeved blouse. It's bugging me something rotten.
I imagine the interview panel will also be wearing short sleeves where possible. I would say try to dress as smart as you can but without boiling yourself.

• Heart
Pretty sure I have got diarrhoea and vomiting this morning from heat exhaustion and I drank plenty of fluids yesterday! The gym was a sweatfest though

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Pretty sure I have got diarrhoea and vomiting this morning from heat exhaustion and I drank plenty of fluids yesterday! The gym was a sweatfest though
I hope you feel better soon.
I’ve had a bad headache for 3 days now, I must admit I struggle with drinking water but I’m trying to have more today to see if it helps.

I’ve had a bad headache for 3 days now, I must admit I struggle with drinking water but I’m trying to have more today to see if it helps.
Thanks I’m feeling better now I’ve rested had to take the day off work.

Have you tried flavoured water? Or adding lemon to your water?

my 2 autistic boys suffered yesterday with how hot and stuffy it was. The younger one had a nosebleed and wouldnt come out of his cool bed, the older one has just shut himself down in just his pants and is very frustrated by it all. So no school today as both refused to even get up and get dressed. Luckily school were understanding as they know how much the boys struggle in school day to day and this sudden stuffy heat in the south west hasnt helped their mood/frustration so even if I had got them to the school they probably wouldnt have made it into class and been sent home anyway. 11yr old is doing lots of pacing and fidgeting while the 9 yr old is very much mute and keeping to himself (better then this morning when he was lashing out physically!)
I hate this weather so much, I much rather the cold, atleast then I can put heating on or wrap up. With the heat theres not much to do! Every room has a fan on and even then its just stuffing. My little chug is going for walks at 6am then spending her days led on the sofa in front of the fan or down on the laminate floor to keep cool. Dreading this expected sunday/monday rise in temperature.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I forgot I had a dehumidifier for the conservatory in winter. Used last night in the kids room alongside a fan. Worked well to take the closeness out of the air!

Freeze wet flannels, ice in front of the fan, keep your blinds closed :)

Reactions: 1
It's been twenty-six degrees Celsius here. That's been bad enough - but it's going to be worse from Sunday to Tuesday inclusive, with it being over thirty on the last two days! 🥵 🥵 🥵

My fan has developed an annoying squeak, but I'm too hot to switch it off 😫

I found it reasonably pleasant today, overcast and warm but with a bit of a breeze. Apparently getting warmer towards end of week and weekend.....really pleased I'll be going back to work after my days off on Friday to a ward in a hospital that is hotter than anywhere else in the place usually, never mind when it's roasting outside 🥵

• Sad
It was quite a hot day, so hot the Radiator Fan kicked in, five years with this
motorcycle and today was the first ever day the fan worked, or should say
"had to work".

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.