Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again i'm inside but feel bad about not being out . I hate the pressure you feel with this weather and same, put on a bit of weight and not got much summery clothes!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hate it too. I have fair skin so need to stay in the shade with lots of sun cream on already. It makes me feel lethargic and headachy being out in it for too long.

The worst is when you have period pain in hot weather. The bloating and pain and already raised temperature is just hell.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
26 degrees right now. Where I am at the moment. I live in a flat directly near a hospital and they have been doing building work pretty much non stop for almost two years. I hate the fact that I can't open my windows because it's too loud and I live in a studio flat to boot!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I like it and I don’t like it if that makes sense 🤣
Love putting the clothes in it, saves them sitting in my kitchen for a few days to dry
Love that my dog will actually go outside to toilet (mini dachshund that HATES the rain)
Dislike trying to sleep, work and look somewhat attractive at social events in the blistering heat when I am three stone overweight and hate showing my arms, stomach and legs. 🙃

Reactions: 4
The sun makes my skin itch so much and its already dry as heck. I don't go outside until the sun has moved round to the front of the house and the garden is shaded.
I even slept with my fan on a bit in spring because my body heat is horrible. Feel like i need a second fan in summer

Reactions: 2
I don’t mind it but does anyone else get itchy eyes and a banger of a headache when they’re out in the sun or is that just me?

The worst is when you have period pain in hot weather. The bloating and pain and already raised temperature is just hell.
That happened to me yesterday, I was already feeling sick as a dog but the heat made me nauseous and was making the throbbing in my thighs and abdomen even worse.

Reactions: 3
I will say one thing, my kids have only just come in from playing outside in shorts and t-shirts, so it’s nice that they can do that at this time of night.

Sorry, I’ll go and find The Hot Weather Rave thread now 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I will say one thing, my kids have only just come in from playing outside in shorts and t-shirts, so it’s nice that they can do that at this time of night.

Sorry, I’ll go and find The Hot Weather Rave thread now 👀
Hi sun 👋 the rave thread is that way

• Haha
No I absolutely love it. I go out in linen or cotton clothes and wear a large brimmed hat and I carry a water spray bottle incase I get too hot, which is not very often. I don't wear trainers or socks but nice Merrell open sandals and also have some "jockey" brand slip sorts to stop any thigh rub from sweating no matter what size you are, they are brilliant and very light weight. Sun protection is a must.
We have lived in Asia in the winter for years and in Spain in Summer so have experience of heat and always have always used fans instead of Air Conditioning.

Reactions: 2
I can’t stand the heat! There is nothing enjoyable about sweating your tits off. You open a window and half the animal kingdom comes in. The only good thing is I can put my washing out. 😅

I much prefer the colder months when you can get cosy in the house with the heating on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Again i'm inside but feel bad about not being out . I hate the pressure you feel with this weather and same, put on a bit of weight and not got much summery clothes!
When I weighed 15 + stone I lived in Spain and went out in the sunshine all the time. I bought a kaftan type dress with some undershorts and it was fine and also had a swim suit with a skirt attached. Baggy 3/4 trousers are everywhere in larger sizes. Please don't stay inside.

• Heart
No I absolutely love it. I go out in linen or cotton clothes and wear a large brimmed hat and I carry a water spray bottle incase I get too hot, which is not very often. I don't wear trainers or socks but nice Merrell open sandals and also have some "jockey" brand slip sorts to stop any thigh rub from sweating no matter what size you are, they are brilliant and very light weight. Sun protection is a must.
We have lived in Asia in the winter for years and in Spain in Summer so have experience of heat and always have always used fans instead of Air Conditioning.
Yeah I suppose you gotta get used to it, but I haven't lived abroad and find this weather is just a bit much.

I'm a motorcycle courier and this time of the year is not exactly my favourite, especially if I'm stuck in London all day, if I'm travelling
outside the London Postcodes it's not so bad. I wear the correct safety jacket and trousers for the job and if I'm in London I sweat
buckets and working in that all day isn't nice. If there is a cool breeze it's not so bad but if there is no wind at all and it's a really hot
day it's just unbearable. This past week has been fine because there is a nice breeze to keep me cool and I've been working outside
the M25.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.