Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was not built for anything greater then 22 degrees 🤢🤢🤢 underboob sweat, back sweat, I even had knee sweat the other day. Just get yerselves a portable air con if yer able! Best money I ever spent. Just going to go lock myself in the front room until sept 😂😂

Reactions: 4
I can’t stand hot weather. I get really ill etc. Too bad that at My work most of the people are always cold and want it to be hot all the time 😭😭

I struggle when it gets to above 23°c or so. I’m also fat and hate figuring out what I feel comfortable in that also looks ok. At home I can wear jersey shorts/cycling shorts and a baggy t-shirt and be comfortable, couldn’t wear that to sit in a restaurant or something though without feeling under dressed. But then the problem is most summer clothes for women are designed to be worn by slim women of which I am not. Where as all the uncropped tops at???

I can’t win though because I also struggle with the cold too. When it starts getting down to 2/3°c all I want to do is hibernate and I hate feeling cold. I’m definitely a walking stereotype when it comes to being British and moaning about the weather regardless. If it could just stay at around 20° all year round then that would be great.

Reactions: 7
I struggle when it gets to above 23°c or so. I’m also fat and hate figuring out what I feel comfortable in that also looks ok. At home I can wear jersey shorts/cycling shorts and a baggy t-shirt and be comfortable, couldn’t wear that to sit in a restaurant or something though without feeling under dressed. But then the problem is most summer clothes for women are designed to be worn by slim women of which I am not. Where as all the uncropped tops at???
Get yourself some floaty midi or maxi dresses. I used to faff about with trendy cropped trousers/jeans and cute tops, but always felt hot and bothered as they're generally form-fitting. Now I live in long dresses and skirts come summer, which I hoist right up while working at my desk at home :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I can’t win though because I also struggle with the cold too. When it starts getting down to 2/3°c all I want to do is hibernate and I hate feeling cold. I’m definitely a walking stereotype when it comes to being British and moaning about the weather regardless. If it could just stay at around 20° all year round then that would be great.
Your post resonates with me. First off have you had your thyroid checked? I ask as it can cause weight to sit on your body without moving and also regulate the body feeling too hot and too cold. I have Hashimoto thyroiditis ( very under normal) and have all these. In summer I wear thin cotton,if possible, trousers and blouses / t shirts a size bigger than I need, and always have a nice white shirt/ blouse for going out places.
In winter I wear a vest. There,I have outed !!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Get yourself some floaty midi or maxi dresses. I used to faff about with trendy cropped trousers/jeans and cute tops, but always felt hot and bothered as they're generally form-fitting. Now I live in long dresses and skirts come summer, which I hoist right up while working at my desk at home :)
The problem is that im not girly at all and don’t really like or feel comfortable in dresses🙈

Your post resonates with me. First off have you had your thyroid checked? I ask as it can cause weight to sit on your body without moving and also regulate the body feeling too hot and too cold. I have Hashimoto thyroiditis ( very under normal) and have all these. In summer I wear thin cotton,if possible, trousers and blouses / t shirts a size bigger than I need, and always have a nice white shirt/ blouse for going out places.
I have never had my thyroid checked actually. It’s not something that really crossed my mind. Might be something to look into though. I do find I get really hot easily sometimes, I thought it was just the weight but could be something else I suppose. Thank you for the tips!

• Heart
The only good thing about it is getting clothes hung out to dry!

It’s too hot to sleep, I hate that it’s still pretty light at 10:30-11 when I’m trying to sleep

I hate all the bugs/flies that get in through open windows and doors

I hate being a fat sweaty mess

I hate hay fever!! I think this is my biggest issue with summer, I have terrible hay fever

I hate cooking when it’s hot

This country was not made to have warm weather
Are you me? 😂 My summer mantra is that the only thing it's good for is drying washing outside and that's it. And yes to all the other points, I think when you have the misery that is hayfever it puts an entirely different slant on it too. I couldn't sit out and enjoy the weather even if i liked it!!

• Haha
Are you me? 😂 My summer mantra is that the only thing it's good for is drying washing outside and that's it. And yes to all the other points, I think when you have the misery that is hayfever it puts an entirely different slant on it too. I couldn't sit out and enjoy the weather even if i liked it!!
I hate it if I’m ever invited to BBQs at my in-laws as their garden is full of flowers and bushes etc and I’m a bloody mess after 10mins!

I’m the one sitting inside on my own probably being talked about 😂 people without hay fever don’t understand how bad it actually can be

I have hypothyroidism 😬

Reactions: 2
I hate it if I’m ever invited to BBQs at my in-laws as their garden is full of flowers and bushes etc and I’m a bloody mess after 10mins!

I’m the one sitting inside on my own probably being talked about 😂 people without hay fever don’t understand how bad it actually can be
No they don't, it's really debilitating when it's bad. I also have my birthday when mine is at it's worse which is really crap. Just another reason to hate summer 😂

No they don't, it's really debilitating when it's bad. I also have my birthday when mine is at it's worse which is really crap. Just another reason to hate summer 😂
Me too! What did we do in a previous life to deserve this 😂

I also hate how it never really gets dark, so I’m lying in my bed at 11pm trying to get to sleep feeling sweaty and irritated and it’s also bright outside, then I eventually get to sleep but wake up around 4am and it’s still bright outside
Have you tried a silk or satin eye mask? They really help me cancel out the light and don’t add to the heat.

I like the brightness and the blue skies but if it was mid teens and not 20 plus I would be much better.
Also similar to what others have shared, I’m too large for nice summer clothes and I resemble Homer Simpson if I put on a summer dress.
68938BFF-DE5F-463B-8496-628B04972366.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
The problem is that im not girly at all and don’t really like or feel comfortable in dresses🙈
What about a strappy vest and then a very light blazer so that it looks more presentable for going out?

I was annoyed at my colleague earlier who complained about it being 'chilly'... mate... it was 26 degrees, it wasn't chilly!

• Heart
The Summer 2021 fashion trends are all very unsuitable for women with big boobs. I’m thoroughly annoyed.

Reactions: 2
Well, when was the last time fashion trends were suitable for anyone bigger than a B cup? :rolleyes::mad: I have very average sized breasts and yet...
You’re right. I remember when underboob was a thing a few years back and I was like NOPE. Now I see these tiny shriveled blouses and my tits won’t even get into them. I’m nothing massive - C or DD depends on the band size but still. 🙄

• Heart
You’re right. I remember when underboob was a thing a few years back and I was like NOPE. Now I see these tiny shriveled blouses and my tits won’t even get into them. I’m nothing massive - C or DD depends on the band size but still. 🙄
Same. Most things I try on just don't sit right over my chest and I'm a D cup. Really frustrating as if I sized up on the dress size it would be too big everywhere else.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.