Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep I get so grumpy and irritated! I’m much more of a winter girl. I don’t mind when it’s a nice heat but this muggy heat is awful. By the time you’ve got dressed you feel like you need another bath or shower as you get clammy so easily

Reactions: 17
1. The constant need to change outfits because it’s too hot to wear jeans but you’re too wobbly to wear shorts.
2. Cannot find a flattering length of shorts anywhere
3. The constant need for suncream
4. The constant need to lather up the kids with suncream
5. Kids moaning about being sticky because of said suncream
6. Kids moaning they’re hot
7. Reminding kids to wear a hat
8. Reminding kids (and other half) to take a water bottle out
9. Questioning whether you actually just stay in because it’s too hot to venture out
10. The roasting hot house
11. The annual argument with the other half about leaving windows open (“but we’ll get robbed” 🙄)

And I’m generally a positive person! 🙃

Let’s just leave it at 18-20 degrees shall we? And every other day chuck a bit of a breeze in there so the house can cool down. That would be perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I hate it, in irritable and miserable. I hate bed time being too hot. I much prefer autumn and winter, can't wait

Reactions: 13
It's the humidity at night that's the worse. Every night at the moment is humid and uncomfortable. The problem is, I don't particularly want to leave a fan going all night long, but end up having almost no choice.

Reactions: 8
I can’t stand it, anything where it’s muggy and hot gives me a headache. I like it where it’s sunny but a bit breezy. U.K. houses don’t help though, built to keep the heat in!

Reactions: 10
I HATE the hot weather we get here (I’m in Scotland so luckily it’s not often) because it’s always so humid :sick:. I swear heat here is completely different to the heat abroad. Early spring and autumn are my favourite times of the year.

Reactions: 9
I love the heat / summer in other countries. Countries that are built for it and have air con, and the sun rises and sets at acceptable times. Why are British houses so bad? My bedroom goes down to about 14 degrees in the winter and last summer it maxed out at 30. Was not fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hate muggy weather. Hate doing every day tasks and feeling like a hot sweaty mess. Hate being fat in hot weather. Hate having to apply sun cream which adds to the general ick feeling.

Add to that - hate it being hot when I have to parent two young children and can't just sit in the shade, sipping on an icy drink and reading books.
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻. I could have written this myself

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love the warm weather but only if I am sat in the shade with a drink or infront of a fan haha.

I can't sleep with it this hot either.

I am happy that it isn't raining/windy though!

Absolutely! Apparently got another two weeks of it. How can anyone like this? I feel like it's much easier to warm up than cool down. I'll open the windows, have the fan on, still hot and oh god don't get me started at night, still boiling. Sick of feeling hot and sweaty! Come on Autumn!

I hate having to wear cooler clothes because I look like a fat mess🤣 much more easier in winter when I can hide in baggy clothes
Me to a tee! Lol I have more wintery clothes than summery clothes. Also if it's a nice day I feel guilty if staying in, whereas when it's bad weather you don't.

For me it's not just the weather. I find the longs days, because it stays light so long, really energy sapping.
It's like SAD relating to summer instead of winter.

Reactions: 12
Yep I hate this heat.
I have health issues and find the heat unbearable. It gives me headaches and occasional makes me nauseous (also grouchy but thats standard)

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I HATE the hot weather we get here (I’m in Scotland so luckily it’s not often) because it’s always so humid :sick:. I swear heat here is completely different to the heat abroad. Early spring and autumn are my favourite times of the year.
Yeah I'm not entirely sure why it is like it is here. I don't know the science of it, but if anybody does I'd be happy to know.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.