Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same! Autumn is my favourite time. Love my clothes and boots. So ready for that already 😂 I work outdoors and this heat is a killer. I feel like I’m melting everyday. My Hayfever is also driving me mad and the dog isn’t happy about going for a walk at 4 in the morning before I go to work and it gets to hot for him 😂 also note to self next winter I really must diet 🙁🙄 hiding my wobbly bits is hard work in summer clothes. Anyway rate over just glad I’m not the only person feeling like it. Roll on autumn!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else hate it when it's proper sunny, and the sun shines through your window and you can see the dust you forgot to clean 🤣 does that make sense? Like go away sun, you're making my house look grotty 😂 or do I just have a grotty house 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Do you know what I hate? How they always advise to keep windows and curtains closed during the day to keep rooms cool. I don’t know if it’s just my house but it doesn’t work! Either way my house is too hot!

Reactions: 7
I HATE this weather! It just makes me sticky and irritable.
It doesn't help that I'm a redhead, so I don't even get a nice sun kissed glow to compensate :LOL:
The heat must feel different on peoples skin or something? I really don't like being too warm. Plus some people don't seem to sweat.
You have to shower more often, wash your clothes/ hair more often...
And don't get me started on trying on new summer clothes and feeling like a sack of spuds in shorts.
It's just tit.
Bring on Autumn 🍁
I could almost tolerate warm weather if there was a lovely breeze
There isn’t 😭

Thing is if you are cold then you can put more clothes/scarves on
But when it’s hot there’s a limit to how much you can take off
Everything makes you sweat even the most mundane thing is like trekking the Sahara dessert
Cars are boiling hot when you get in them
And every bastard shop is hot then you get odd looks for loitering near the freezer section hugging bags of peas
And don’t even get me started on sweat inducing f****** masks 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I relate!!! I live in the north of Scotland. On Sunday it’s supposed to be 26 degrees. Like what???? Anything over 12 degrees is well and truly tropical.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Do you know what I hate? How they always advise to keep windows and curtains closed during the day to keep rooms cool. I don’t know if it’s just my house but it doesn’t work! Either way my house is too hot!
I keep my window open but close my curtains

Reactions: 3
The weather where i live is **supposed** to be nice but we keep getting heat waves.....
Really ruins my mood 🥺

I love the heat / summer in other countries. Countries that are built for it and have air con, and the sun rises and sets at acceptable times. Why are British houses so bad? My bedroom goes down to about 14 degrees in the winter and last summer it maxed out at 30. Was not fun.
If British homes are built to keep heat in, are Mediterranean homes built to keep cold in? I'm genuinely curious how homes are built in warmer European countries.

I could almost tolerate warm weather if there was a lovely breeze
There isn’t 😭

Thing is if you are cold then you can put more clothes/scarves on
But when it’s hot there’s a limit to how much you can take off
Everything makes you sweat even the most mundane thing is like trekking the Sahara dessert
Cars are boiling hot when you get in them
And every bastard shop is hot then you get odd looks for loitering near the freezer section hugging bags of peas
And don’t even get me started on sweat inducing f****** masks 😭
Haha the too cold / hot argument when I worked in an office. I do not miss that tit.

Four of us to a desk, two complaining because the air con was making them 'cold'.
All of us in vest tops or t-shirts, I'd just shrug and say I can't strip down to my bra (well I could but I'd have HR on my case :LOL:) ...you should've brought a cardigan/ hoodie to work!

They never understood my argument :rolleyes:🥴

Reactions: 1
I always pretend I like it as I come across as a miserable cow but I really hate the heat! I’m happy with a max of 21 degrees but anymore I really struggle!
Can’t sleep and can’t get the kids to sleep.
House is boiling so have to leave windows and doors open which then let’s all the flies in.
Hate wearing summer clothes as, like a lot of people I’ve put on a lot of extra weight over lockdown.
I don’t mind it hot in other countries as there’s air on, swimming pools etc but here in the UK it’s just not enjoyable!

Reactions: 5
I always pretend I like it as I come across as a miserable cow but I really hate the heat! I’m happy with a max of 21 degrees but anymore I really struggle!
Can’t sleep and can’t get the kids to sleep.
House is boiling so have to leave windows and doors open which then let’s all the flies in.
Hate wearing summer clothes as, like a lot of people I’ve put on a lot of extra weight over lockdown.
I don’t mind it hot in other countries as there’s air on, swimming pools etc but here in the UK it’s just not enjoyable!
My window in my bedroom is only open because i bought a magnetic fly screen

Reactions: 1
I walked to the laundry room for five minutes and I’m sweating. It’s cloudy out but it’s still so bleeping hot and humid! 😩

Contemplating a 2nd bath already and I only had one 4 hours ago! this humidity makes me feel grim

Reactions: 4
The only good thing about it is getting clothes hung out to dry!

It’s too hot to sleep, I hate that it’s still pretty light at 10:30-11 when I’m trying to sleep

I hate all the bugs/flies that get in through open windows and doors

I hate being a fat sweaty mess

I hate hay fever!! I think this is my biggest issue with summer, I have terrible hay fever

I hate cooking when it’s hot

This country was not made to have warm weather

Reactions: 8
It's 15c where I am right now & it isn't too bad. I think it's bc it is cloudy.
Tomorrow is suppose to be the hottest day of the year at 26c 🥵

I absolutely hate it. It doesn't help that I've got those adorable hot flushes and I'm sure the heat is making me sweat even more... 🥺

At the moment I've got a fan and two portable air con units on in the living room, yet it's still 25 in here. And don't get me started on the heat upstairs ..lol

I suppose it's an excuse to not do the housework as I end up collapsing in heat exhaustion if I do anything...😉

Cooking us a nightmare too - we've been eating a lot of salads/one pan food as the oven is toooo hot 🥺

I hate summer. I get hay fever, migraines and reverse SAD plus my Crohn's flares up in hot weather. I find the sun too bright. I much prefer autumn and winter and love snow.

Reactions: 3
Another one who is too fat for nice summer clothes and prefers autumn!
My bedroom is like an oven even with a window open and the fan is noisy so I'm not sleeping great.
Also a bugger trying to get the kids to bed, lots of "but it's not dark yet!" 😒

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.