Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you lot hot? Grey, damp, miserable here, just the way I like it. Actually I wouldn't mind the sun appearing for bit.

Reactions: 1
Is there an aircon that you can buy that doesn’t involve sticking a tube out the window?

Is there an aircon that you can buy that doesn’t involve sticking a tube out the window?
We've been looking into this and the short answer seems to be no (happy to be corrected). I used to have a portable AC for my chinchillas. Fab at cooling their room down but we had to run the pipe into the hallway making the rest of the house even hotter 😖

We've been looking into this and the short answer seems to be no (happy to be corrected). I used to have a portable AC for my chinchillas. Fab at cooling their room down but we had to run the pipe into the hallway making the rest of the house even hotter 😖
So frustrating because I want to have one on at night which is when my room gets the hottest but I don’t feel comfortable having my window open whilst I’m asleep. My only other option is to put the fan on but because I live with my mother at the moment she’s not happy with that idea as the fan ‘could catch fire’.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
It’s hot, I have a bottle of frozen water under my feet to try and keep me cool. I’ve already eaten two magnums. I’ve got period pain. I feel tit and I’m dreading tomorrow as it’s going to be even hotter 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
So frustrating because I want to have one on at night which is when my room gets the hottest but I don’t feel comfortable having my window open whilst I’m asleep. My only other option is to put the fan on but because I live with my mother at the moment she’s not happy with that idea as the fan ‘could catch fire’.
Aw that sounds tit, pal. The AC pipe was quite wide so you would need to open the window for a decent sized gap. It's a big reason why we've decided to not get a AC
unit for the kids' bedroom (not happy with the width the window would be at).

Is the fan fairly old? That's the only reason I could imagine it would catch fire (or if there's too much dust on the blades but a simple clean would help).

On a side note, can anyone recommend where to buy plus size office wear for hot weather? It seems most stockists think us curvier ladies just love wearing polyester 🙄

Anyone else do the bowl of ice water in front of fan thing? I think it does help for sure. I do this at night when the evenings are too humid in my bedroom. Worth a try if you are trying to find ways to cool down, especially at night in bed.

Can’t afford to have the fan on as it drains my electricity ☹ But I’ve just had a rechargeable hand held fan come today so I’m hoping that helps, it’s meant to last 5-17hrs depending on what setting it’s on so 🤞🏼

I have ice blocks and bottles of frozen water inside a freezer bag, wrapped in a thin tea towel. It’s definitely helping, I’ve had my feet on one all afternoon.

Reactions: 4
Can’t afford to have the fan on as it drains my electricity ☹ But I’ve just had a rechargeable hand held fan come today so I’m hoping that helps, it’s meant to last 5-17hrs depending on what setting it’s on so 🤞🏼

I have ice blocks and bottles of frozen water inside a freezer bag, wrapped in a thin tea towel. It’s definitely helping, I’ve had my feet on one all afternoon.
Stepping into a cold shower for even 30 seconds can help, too.

It's gonna be wet and 15C on Saturday so I can take a day or so of heat.

Reactions: 5
I’m melting 🥵 my toddler keeps insisting on sitting on me, my house is full of flies from open windows/doors and people stank of BO when I went shopping this morning 🤢

Can’t wait for the rain on Sunday!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Try putting a wet flannel or small bath towel into the freezer for an hour or so before you go to bed, then lay it over you. That will help too.

Reactions: 3
It's not even that sunny where I am but it is warm and muggy aka perfect sweaty weather 🥵 Going to see Ed Sheeran tomorrow night and hoping it calms down slightly as I don't mind being outside if there's a nice breeze.

I work in a hospital with zero air flow, it is sweltering and my uniform is hideous and uncomfortable in hot weather. One of the girls was threatening to make hot pants out of her trousers yesterday as she said they were making her legs feel like boil in the bag rice 🤣

• Haha
Is it cooler to sleep on top of the duvet?
i can’t sleep without a duvet, it’s a comfort thing I think. So I tend to start with both legs on top but it over my stomach, then I have the one leg on top when it gets a bit cooler or I’m on my side but by morning I have been under it 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.