Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
An inch of rain just fell in minutes 😅

Yesterday however it got so warm I started sweating just by sitting at the sewing machine near the window. Ahhhh British weather, changeable as always.

Reactions: 5

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
How hot is too hot for children to be in hot school classrooms with windows that barely open? It's 28 here today but feels so much hotter. There's absolutely no air either. Thinking of my children sat in a class of 30 probably sweating their tits off. How can they possibly concentrate? Youngest is 6.
Waiting for the email to say sports day is cancelled on Wednesday if this is set to continue, surely they can't expect them to do it in this heat?
I work in a school, it’s too hot now. The extreme heat combined with very tired children and staff is making for an unpleasant atmosphere. Modern British schools (as in those built after WW2) are not designed for extreme heat. They’ve got low ceilings, small carpeted classrooms and tiny double glazed windows that don’t open very wide. They made Covid bubbling hard as well.

The older Victorian schools are actually better designed for extremely warm summers as they have higher ceilings, bigger classrooms, tiled floors etc.

• Sad

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I can't remember a summer here in UK that hasnt been humid. I did manage to go for a walk about 8pm the other day when the temperature had dropped but it was still warm, that was nice, but the rest of the time I've been working from home in a muggy house with all the windows open. 🥵

I like the sunshine though, makes a change from the rainy month of May we just had. I just wish we could have sunshine without humidity.

Contemplating a 2nd bath already and I only had one 4 hours ago! this humidity makes me feel grim

That feeling when you have a shower, all nice and clean, then the act of getting dressed and drying hair makes your face sweat. Then try to put on moisturiser to soothe skin, then that sweats out minutes later. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

VIP Member
Phew, finally cooling down but the house is like a bloody sauna, we don't have air con, we just open a window.

nbt

VIP Member
Storming here in the East Mids 😍 started at 4.30am, so loud it woke me up over the fan noise AND boyfriend’s snoring 🙄😂

It’s now started again, very loud.

• Haha
  • Heart

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
This is absolutely ridiculous

Sat here starkers with the fan blasting & nothing is working 😭

• Sad

37BBL

VIP Member
Anybody else realising they need to lose 2 stone plus to survive this heat. WHY didn't I work on the lock down bod whilst I had the chance 🙃🙃
Oh 100%. Genuinely thinking I wouldn't be as uncomfortable if I hadn't put weight on!

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I’m in NI. I spent all morning in a fleece, it’s pleasant enough here now but still not warm. Hope those of you in the extreme temperatures are coping ok 🥵

• Wow
  • Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
It’s lovely out, I’m just trying to be positive even though my eyes are literally burning out of my head as they’re so itchy.

Reactions: 4

Meangirl815

VIP Member
This heat is disgusting

Can not be bothered to do anything today. I'm sunburnt I'm not sleeping I'm miserable as fuck.

Hurry up autumn 😂

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The air is thick here but only 16 degrees at the moment and the max temperature has updated on the app to be around 22 and cloudy... Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
No I absolutely love it. I go out in linen or cotton clothes and wear a large brimmed hat and I carry a water spray bottle incase I get too hot, which is not very often. I don't wear trainers or socks but nice Merrell open sandals and also have some "jockey" brand slip sorts to stop any thigh rub from sweating no matter what size you are, they are brilliant and very light weight. Sun protection is a must.
We have lived in Asia in the winter for years and in Spain in Summer so have experience of heat and always have always used fans instead of Air Conditioning.
Yeah I suppose you gotta get used to it, but I haven't lived abroad and find this weather is just a bit much.