Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Juat been woken up by my 4yo who I thought had been sick but he's just sweating so much his sheets are wet. The sod insists sleeping with a duvet and thick blanket so have downgraded him to just the blanket over his feet 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 4

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Sleeping was so uncomfortable last night 😫 it was still 26 at like 10 last night! it’s cooled down to 16 here now but still feels quite muggy.
I know ☹ I couldn't get comfortable at all. Now I feel shattered, but it has started to rain. So hopefully it will be cooler. I don't mind 21 degrees but anything above, is vile, in UK.

• Sad

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Arrrrgh. Just had my second shower of the day, and again I feel so sweaty 20 mins later I may as well have not bothered with the shower. 😡 Eczema flare ups and sweaty elbows and neck do not mix. There's no breeze! Just once it would be nice for the UK to have sun and heat without the mega humidity. I only slept 4 hours last night so I am quite grumpy, ah ha.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
It's me. It's cold here and raining and dark. Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy????? I'm so jealous, although I don't envy the not being able to sleep.
where are you so that i can move there?!?

we’ve got a really nice breeze here (in south wales) though so it’s not unbearable. yet. i’m washing and drying every piece of bedding that i own 🤣

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
Legit dreading this weather. 27 where I live tomorrow and Wednesday! I know there's worse things to worry about but FML 🥵

• Sad

WilmaHun

VIP Member
It is absolutely sweltering. No rain here but it’s very dark. It’s hard to know what to wear on days like this 😐

hrh89

VIP Member
Ugh it’s really stuffy tonight can’t sleep. I thought this was over. The other day it was freezing now we’re back into the pits of hell again

MrsFishandChips

I like it and I don’t like it if that makes sense 🤣
Love putting the clothes in it, saves them sitting in my kitchen for a few days to dry
Love that my dog will actually go outside to toilet (mini dachshund that HATES the rain)
Dislike trying to sleep, work and look somewhat attractive at social events in the blistering heat when I am three stone overweight and hate showing my arms, stomach and legs. 🙃

VIP Member
I got caught in at least 5 downpours, got home a drowned rat, I DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK!

• Haha

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
Fellow heat hater here. The older I get, the less I can tolerate it. It just whacks my energy, gives me a headache, makes me sweat and makes me grumpy. It’s my cut and colour on Saturday morning at the hairdressers and my hair will probably be wrecked by Sunday due to sweating and humidity. I like to have a daily walk, but I won’t be walking in 30+ degrees. That’s another thing I hate about it - you just can’t do normal activities.

I emailed my son’s school today asking if he could wear sandals next week due to the heat (he’s 8). His feet get so sweaty in socks and black leather shoes - I certainly wouldn’t wear those myself in 30+ degrees. I got a reply saying no for health and safety reasons and was told all classrooms are air conditioned. That’s all well and good, but you still have to get to school and back and no idea if they will have them playing outside.

I ordered us both a fan each off Amazon today, being delivered tomorrow. I really struggled to sleep earlier this week and next week will be so much worse.

High teens / low twenties with low humidity is perfect, there’s just no pleasure in extreme heat. Hope this is it for summer after next week.

• Sad

Hodgies

Chatty Member
It is currently 14 degrees and rainy....got to love Scotland 🤣 It's been nice most of the day with some heavy ninja showers that last 5 mins then dry again but definitely helping to keep that muggy feeling away.

A friend was telling me of her foreign holiday coming up and what ridiculous temperature it was going to be then commiserated that I wouldn't have the same on my holiday in North of Scotland. I cannot think anywhere I'd like to be less than sweating it out at some foreign hotel in the middle of summer.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
After being mugged off on Tuesday with the non existent rainstorm in my county that my weather app promised, I am looking forward to some rain this weekend so I can do the chores that I abandoned last weekend. I know some areas got rain and hail but in the Midlands where I am, nada since last week. Just need the humidity to be broken down a bit really.

• Sad

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
The problem is that im not girly at all and don’t really like or feel comfortable in dresses🙈
What about a strappy vest and then a very light blazer so that it looks more presentable for going out?

I was annoyed at my colleague earlier who complained about it being 'chilly'... mate... it was 26 degrees, it wasn't chilly!

• Heart

37BBL

VIP Member
Bloody baking here and my youngest insists on sitting on my knee 😪😪😪 she's lovely and all but jeeeeez i am melting.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
What fresh hell is this?! I’ve got this week off work to look after my toddler and we’re just sweating indoors. Why is it always one extreme to another?