Mere Soeur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow a trans man YouTuber who has done Q+As and allowed people to ask anything, so it got quite into his periods and chest surgery and stuff. He said once you're on the right testosterone dose your periods stop (I think for him his stopped first month). So I'm not sure how many trans men are even menstruating? I think explaining there are all sorts of people is vital. Not sure why with Instagrammers so much of everything comes down to periods 🤷

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I agree, there's a way to be inclusive without ignoring biological reality. Especially when talking to a young child, surely this approach will just confuse and invite questions like "so when will I get my period?"
I like Carrie but my word, she tries far too hard to be all woke and tit

Ooh i just came across this thread, I used to follow her and really liked her but she started to really get on my nerves, especially the stories! I think it’s great she has done so well for herself and I even bought the Tears Hugs Rock n Roll T-shirt’s but it’s all very pricey for what it is. I think it’s easy to feel like your a friend being confided with in stories and you start feeling like you’re in this club? But I soon got fed up and stopped following!!

When she did that Frida Nipple design a couple of years ago, it was a blatant wholesale rip off. I stumbled across the original artist’s work online and actually DM’d her a link because stupidly, I thought they were ripping her off!! Of course it was the other way round.
I can't believe she did this! When another company started selling a t-shirt with her design on everyone supported her in getting it taken down, even I did and if course she put up posts about being hard working single mom so how could they do this...
I've recently unfollowed her and lots of other instamums, I got sick of the constant reminder that she's a single mum doing this entirely on her own even though I've seen she has an agent and/or mentor plus supportive parents and kids dad. She often said how skint she was even after admitting she is taking in a 6 figure sum and only travels via Uber and only seems to eat takeaways. It's disgusting really if she thinks she is representative of all single mums trying to make end meet. There isn't really that much of her merch on her page so I struggle to see how she's making so much £. I recently noticed she said she prints everything herself but she never shows her work set up etc so I think it's bull tbh

Screenshot_20200602-093003.png

Reactions: 2
I know, it’s hard to know what the truth is with her.
She makes six figures but she’s skint. She’s a struggling single mum but for a while she had her agent living with her and she has grandparents, her mum and her kid’s dad on hand to help. She churns out all this merch but doesn’t seem to have a studio space. She also hasn’t designed a new collection in about three years. She’s just recycling the same designs. Like Selfish Mother, she’s in danger of becoming a one trick pony.

Reactions: 4
The majority of her posts are selfies, clothes and adverts, if you erased all of them there probably wouldn't be many left that were solely about the business. Also agree on why she doesn't have a studio, I bet she could afford one. surely she has a business plan that has some sort of forecast to expand/grow, she makes it looks more like a side job

I’d like to know what happened to those dogs she had when she lived in London before? She had two husky type dogs. Can anyone remember?

Also she’s moving to Margate because she apparently can’t afford to live in London any more (not sure how as it’s not like her business seems to have been impacted by COVID?). I thought Margate was also expensive or am I wrong? I don’t live up north. Which means she’s moving her child’s school and further away from his dad. I just don’t get it?

I’d like to know what happened to those dogs she had when she lived in London before? She had two husky type dogs. Can anyone remember?

Also she’s moving to Margate because she apparently can’t afford to live in London any more (not sure how as it’s not like her business seems to have been impacted by COVID?). I thought Margate was also expensive or am I wrong? I don’t live up north. Which means she’s moving her child’s school and further away from his dad. I just don’t get it?
I think I followed her a long time after the Huskies as I don't remember seeing them. I'd rather have a home where a child remembers growing up/makes some friends and memories than keep moving all the time unless you really had to. She could afford to stay in London if she changed her lifestyle and focused on the business then her boy could stay near his dad and not change school, other families do it

I’m not sure if they were actually huskies but very similar type of dog. She used to take them on the train back and forth from London to her mums in Wales when her son was a baby/toddler. Maybe when she was going out with that film maker man? I think she had a studio then to work from too.

Found them from 2016. Sad that they just disappeared!
78196F45-FF0E-4C5D-8D97-B2E761D1A2EC.jpeg
72887532-06F4-4701-AF11-FFCF80604AD5.jpeg
01219821-DE50-4D3D-9395-8FEBD0801D31.jpeg

Last edited:
Her life seems really chaotic. She’s only just got her son settled in school near his dad and now she’s going to move him away to a new place where he’ll have to start all over again. Poor kid hasn’t had his feet touching the ground since he was born. Why is she moving further away from the support of his other parent? It’s just going to make life harder for her.

I reckon it’s because she thinks she can make friends with the other insta-mums and get some insta-Margate content to freshen up her feed.

Reactions: 5
Her life seems really chaotic. She’s only just got her son settled in school near his dad and now she’s going to move him away to a new place where he’ll have to start all over again. Poor kid hasn’t had his feet touching the ground since he was born. Why is she moving further away from the support of his other parent? It’s just going to make life harder for her.

I reckon it’s because she thinks she can make friends with the other insta-mums and get some insta-Margate content to freshen up her feed.
Seems quite selfish tbh, her fans will lap up the instafeed wherever she ends up

Her account is private? Not great for a business 😂
Grlpwrgang her pal and manager was accused of being racist yesterday so she's probably getting residual backlash from being associated with her. Essentially grlpwrgang hired Char Ellesse who is black, to try and up the diversity of the panels she puts on. Then didn't pay her or reply to her emails or listen to her but did like using her image as some performative diversity. She's now revealed it all and isn't backing down on Instagram, nor should she, after a half-arsed apology.

• Wow
Mere Sour works closely with @grlpwrgang - who has just been outed on insta by @ellesschar as someone who doesn't pay WOC and then attempts to silence them with threats of legal action. I wonder if Carrie will maintain the relationship.

Oh wow that’s crazy!! Surely she needs to ditch them then as staying with them will just appears she is in support, which she clearly isn’t.

Oh wow that’s crazy!! Surely she needs to ditch them then as staying with them will just appears she is in support, which she clearly isn’t.
She seems genuinely wanting to help in BLM so I hope she follows through with her actions now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.