Melanie Murphy #8 youse all need to stop mammy shaming, that’s my job!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of this, yess. I identify as bisexual as well, and I am in a relationship with a straight man. No one in my circle has questioned my identity, and if someone outside that does what do I care of their opinion? I am a grown woman and I know who I am. Being white, cis and straight-passing, in a heterosexual relationship is a massive privilege and I can't go crying when someone calls me straight when there are so many, often life-threatening, issues in the LGBT community. I wasn't aware of the transphobic tweets and the tone-deaf Harry Potter references, but that goes to show how little perspective she has and how flimsy her engagement is with the rest of the community she claims to represent. I couldn't properly articulate what I found so cringy with that reel, but I think it's the blatant superficiality of it all, the using of her identity for attention and hollow content instead of using her platform to expand on larger issues surrounding the community in Ireland and Europe.
I absolutely love that you mentioned privaledge! It's so true. We have so many privaledges as bisexuals. Every person, no matter what their sexuality, has likely had someone speculate about their sexuality. Even straight people. She always acts like this is a bi specific issue and calls it bi-erasure. Even though the definition is not that.

Reactions: 7
For someone who’s all about body positivity etc she seems really worried about getting wrinkles. 2 minutes into her new video and she’s already mentioned it 4 times

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think Melanie doesn’t realize that her content and ideas aren’t aging well. When she started YouTube, there wasn’t much understanding about LGBT and she took the opportunity to make money out of it. I’m not questioning her bisexuality but she has very limited understanding of LGBT just like race, identity, politics, pandemic, sexuality. She might have passed on an “educator” in 2015 but not anymore as she literally IS a conservative granny stuck in a mindset and still clinging to the idea that the issues she face are relevant and people still shame other people for those things.
I think she should just embrace her circumstances, her current identity and own her choices and make content out of that. Rather than whinging, whiny content about how misunderstood she still is. It will be much better for her professional career.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
How long does it take her to do her makeup?? You stick the baba in their chair facing you and you do your makeup in the same room as them while chatting to them as you do it. If they cry, they cry. It’s not like you’re never going to soothe them again and they get abandonment issues. She needs to get a grip.

Edit: I watched the reel and I do agree with message behind it (hi melanie) she has NO comedic timing whatsoever and the angles are strange so the message is lost completely and it just looks cringe.
Exactly .. except the baby's father is bloody home full time so being able to put on makeup/shower etc shouldn't be an issue at all. God she'd be screwed if she lived in the real world where her partner left the house 12hrs a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder how she'll cope when he's mobile 😂 she'll not get to laze in bed all day unless Thomas runs after him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And she lives with her in-laws! She has so many people to entertain the baby or take for a walk for an hour. She’d be better off acknowledging that she’s fortunate to live with family during lockdown instead of acting like she’s doing it alone. She’s lucky, lots of new mums are really isolated right now.

Reactions: 12
Oh she has no idea what she's in for with an older baby/toddler. My 3mth old is a dream and genuinely low maintenance compared to my 19mth old who runs me ragged all day long. She definitely had this arrogant expectation that she'd be a natural at parenthood and make it look easy .. she's failing miserably so far despite the unusual amount of help she has. Thomas must be wondering what the hell he got himself into with her.

She certainly knows all her worst angles :oops:

I don't remember her face being so asymmetrical back in the day but wow it's so noticeable now.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Melanie: “no time to use make up brushes now I have a baba”
Also Melanie: *draws fake freckles onto her face*

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Nit picky that it annoys me she says she’s postpartum in the title of her new video? Yes.

does it absolutely annoy me? Also yes.

the pp period is the 6 weeks after the birth. She’s far from that now😶
She will refer to herself as post partum until she becomes pregnant again. And thus the cycle will begin once more.
And then she'll make a reel about how horrible it is that women are only classified as "mothers" after having a child, how sexist and horrible it is, how she feels oppressed by the label, pigeon holed and how she is so much more than that.
I can guarantee she wouldn't even see the irony of it

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Oh she has no idea what she's in for with an older baby/toddler. My 3mth old is a dream and genuinely low maintenance compared to my 19mth old who runs me ragged all day long. She definitely had this arrogant expectation that she'd be a natural at parenthood and make it look easy .. she's failing miserably so far despite the unusual amount of help she has. Thomas must be wondering what the hell he got himself into with her.

She certainly knows all her worst angles :oops:

I don't remember her face being so asymmetrical back in the day but wow it's so noticeable now.
I wonder is the teeth grinding the cause of it she had to get her mouth guard renewed ....stressful parenting :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Okay someone commented this under her reel and the word “Lanat” more or less mean duck you in Urdu. Not sure if anyone else understands it 😂 But Melanie liked the comment thinking this person meant to compliment her 🤣 Sorry but understanding the sentiment behind this word so fully well literally made it hilarious 😅😅

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Under the post she put up a few days ago about being a ‘covid mammy’ there was a few people pointed out to her that they would love to have had their partner at home to help them and have spent time at home with their baby but have to go out to work etc and have a house to keep and she basically told them it wasn’t a competition. I don’t honestly think they where trying to make it a competition I think they where just trying to get her to see and point out to her that she’s a lot more privileged than a lot of new parents are living with her in laws and having her partner at home for help even if she doesn’t use or ask for their help with anything she’s still way more fortunate than a lot of new mums and I don’t think she’s ever actually acknowledged the fact that she has had that privilege from he’s been born. I think she actually replied to someone under the post saying I know I’m grateful to have had Thomas at home but doesn’t mean it hasn’t been difficult and basically how it’s not a competition and how with her ‘career’ she can’t just take a year or two off on maternity, no but can choose to work whenever you want and whatever hours you want, sorry if this was already posted

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Under the post she put up a few days ago about being a ‘covid mammy’ there was a few people pointed out to her that they would love to have had their partner at home to help them and have spent time at home with their baby but have to go out to work etc and have a house to keep and she basically told them it wasn’t a competition. I don’t honestly think they where trying to make it a competition I think they where just trying to get her to see and point out to her that she’s a lot more privileged than a lot of new parents are living with her in laws and having her partner at home for help even if she doesn’t use or ask for their help with anything she’s still way more fortunate than a lot of new mums and I don’t think she’s ever actually acknowledged the fact that she has had that privilege from he’s been born. I think she actually replied to someone under the post saying I know I’m grateful to have had Thomas at home but doesn’t mean it hasn’t been difficult and basically how it’s not a competition and how with her ‘career’ she can’t just take a year or two off on maternity, no but can choose to work whenever you want and whatever hours you want, sorry if this was already posted
Oh my lord! What a slap in the face of a reply. I find her inability to actually acknowledge her privilege so heinous. Oh poor "mammy" won't be relevant for a year if she took maternity leave. I mean firstly, leave from what? it's not like her content is particularly relevant anyway, yes she's on reels but most of these are poorly scripted reenactments of what she's already seen online.

I feel deeply for everyone at the moment, most people I know have faced huge loss in one way or another and her acting like baldy having to study on a limited income is just so awful. I lost my father last year as well as having to terminate a much wanted "accident" due to total income loss from my husband and I due to covid. Guess what? I'm still so grateful for my health and the family I have left.

Theres something that really rubs me the wrong way that she's all about LoA and manifestation without one OUNCE of gratitude. Yet another bandwagon she's hopped on for the desperate hopes of staying relevant in her content. Has anyone else found that a little bloody odd?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wonder is the teeth grinding the cause of it she had to get her mouth guard renewed ....stressful parenting :rolleyes:
I grind my teeth (and I probably had done it for quite a while before the dentist told me and I started using a guard) and I have a slight asymmetry in my face, mostly with the corners of my lips so it's more visible when I smile. I can now recognize other people who grind too (I dare to say that out of celebs it would definitely be Drew Barrymore and Gerard Butler but of course it's just speculation on my part).
The thing is though, I don't think the night guard helps with the asymmetry/how your face looks. I think it's more there to prevent mechanical damage to teeth = wearing down of the teeth. Massaging your face/head/neck, doing breathing exercises and neck stretches would help relax the jaw muscles and hopefully prevent the face from looking more asymmetrical. (I am only at the stage of looking more into the exercise side of it but if anyone is interested, I can share some links) ^^

Oh my lord! What a slap in the face of a reply. I find her inability to actually acknowledge her privilege so heinous. Oh poor "mammy" won't be relevant for a year if she took maternity leave. I mean firstly, leave from what? it's not like her content is particularly relevant anyway, yes she's on reels but most of these are poorly scripted reenactments of what she's already seen online.

I feel deeply for everyone at the moment, most people I know have faced huge loss in one way or another and her acting like baldy having to study on a limited income is just so awful. I lost my father last year as well as having to terminate a much wanted "accident" due to total income loss from my husband and I due to covid. Guess what? I'm still so grateful for my health and the family I have left.

Theres something that really rubs me the wrong way that she's all about LoA and manifestation without one OUNCE of gratitude. Yet another bandwagon she's hopped on for the desperate hopes of staying relevant in her content. Has anyone else found that a little bloody odd?
I am sorry to hear about all the crap that happened to you over last year - sending lots of love!

The comment about Melanie's content is so spot on!

Lastly, I don't know how she can compare being a single mum who has to work and has NO family near her with "oh, my mother hasn't held her grandson". And also it's like Thomas' family are less important than her own, but she's happy to live in their house :rolleyes: Mel, you married the guy, they're your family too now 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s back on the Covid debate

Hardly the same thing, some people have no choice but to go to work seeing family is a decision you make amongst yourselves .

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Hardly the same thing, some people have no choice but to go to work seeing family is a decision you make amongst yourselves .
'By putting themselves at risk', oh give me a f'ing break. She has no idea how the real world works. People have to actually work to pay rent and feed their families, ffs. Not everyone can lay in bed all day and earn their money by advertising cheap leggings.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
For her age she’s honestly absolutely clueless about what really goes on in the world

These things are easy to say when you can sit and work from home and don’t have to leave your house which she never does anyway unless it’s for her potato waffle fix and even at that she says she ‘doesn’t have time’ to go with Thomas to do the food shop 🙄🙄🙄 she’s an absolute drip

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lol it doesn’t even make sense where are these tobacco shops she speaks of? Or does she mean shops that sell a range of goods including foood??? The way she constructs arguments is bizarre and it’s cringe worthy that she put out that tweet thinking she’s really made a profound point

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wouldn’t it be great to lay in bed tapping out tit on the internet and getting a 6 figure salary🤥:rolleyes: was it not that long ago she was giving out about people not able to go to work and had no money to feed their families or pay rent.

Lol it doesn’t even make sense where are these tobacco shops she speaks of? Or does she mean shops that sell a range of goods including foood??? The way she constructs arguments is bizarre and it’s cringe worthy that she put out that tweet thinking she’s really made a profound point
Just normal everyday supermarkets /corner shop.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.