Melanie Murphy #8 youse all need to stop mammy shaming, that’s my job!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, to an extent. I don't doubt her identity, but I do think she is using it to maintain relevance, especially amongst her younger, 20-something viewers who might not be that interested in the marriage/baby content. It stops her from being too "conventional" and in her mind "boring" and unrelatable.
i think a lot of people have experimented or questioned their sexuality, I don’t think she’s never looked at a female and thought “she’s hot” I’m sure she’s kissed girls and boys, she’s created this love story between herself and Baldie that goes back decades, and has had many other boyfriends in the past, it’s no different (in my opinion!!!) to going meat free for a month and then call yourself a vegan for content online, nothing about her screams genuine so it’s difficult seeing others scold the thread for their opinions.
No offence to you @Chinese_whispers ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree, to an extent. I don't doubt her identity, but I do think she is using it to maintain relevance, especially amongst her younger, 20-something viewers who might not be that interested in the marriage/baby content. It stops her from being too "conventional" and in her mind "boring" and unrelatable.
I agree, the same with her sister. And I don’t believe any of their ailments and their ‘lactose intolerance‘ and ‘ibs’

Edited: their claim that they both have ‘vaginismus’ is the one that really gets me. They say they have this condition while simultaneously constantly spouting on about how much they love sex and dildos

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Melanie is Bi for content,
That’s my opinion, on a gossip forum that has nothing to do with her social media or YouTube platform,
Where I and others can express that opinion. Once it’s not breaking rules or guidelines.

you don’t need to be “here for it” none of us do, I ignore opinions I don’t agree with. It’s easier than getting upset about them.
I’m not upset about it, I’m not bi so the bi-erasing connotations don’t affect my life at all. People are allowed to express their opinions here absolutely but I still don’t see anything wrong with people disagreeing with those opinions, otherwise it turns into an echo chamber.

anyway, back to melanie. Love the previous thread roundup btw ❤

Reactions: 5
I’m not upset about it, I’m not bi so the bi-erasing connotations don’t affect my life at all. People are allowed to express their opinions here absolutely but I still don’t see anything wrong with people disagreeing with those opinions, otherwise it turns into an echo chamber.

anyway, back to melanie. Love the previous thread roundup btw ❤
No idea why we’re talking about bi erasing, this thread is about Mel, an influencer, just her.
Not sexuality.

Regardless thats not how these threads work because unfortunately it would constantly descend into arguments, hit report and ignore and if it breaks a rule it will be removed xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Melanie makes content for Tattlers. Honestly everytime we question something, she has a post about it 😂 Her bisexuality was just being discussed here and she made a reel about it just in time. Can we please all appreciate and compliment on how creative she is with her reels so she can stop making them in response? 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No idea why we’re talking about bi erasing, this thread is about Mel, an influencer, just her.
Not sexuality.

Regardless thats not how these threads work because unfortunately it would constantly descend into arguments, hit report and ignore and if it breaks a rule it will be removed xx
I think reporting something seems a bit harsher than asking for a clarification/ mild disagreement but if those are thread rules then fair enough I’ll go by them.

anyway we digress. Back to Melanie❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her new video :cautious: "And I just use my fingers... Like, I use my fingers for everything now 'cuz I don't have much time, with a baba." Oh ffs. How dramatic does she have to be? It takes a second to pick up a bloody make up brush. She makes it seem utterly impossible to have one baby; I have twins, so I really feel like she needs to get a grip. She's such a bleeping whinger. I used to love her content years ago, but she is just painful to watch now. I really need to unfollow. 🙈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Her new video :cautious: "And I just use my fingers... Like, I use my fingers for everything now 'cuz I don't have much time, with a baba." Oh ffs. How dramatic does she have to be? It takes a second to pick up a bloody make up brush. She makes it seem utterly impossible to have one baby; I have twins, so I really feel like she needs to get a grip. She's such a bleeping whinger. I used to love her content years ago, but she is just painful to watch now. I really need to unfollow. 🙈
How long does it take her to do her makeup?? You stick the baba in their chair facing you and you do your makeup in the same room as them while chatting to them as you do it. If they cry, they cry. It’s not like you’re never going to soothe them again and they get abandonment issues. She needs to get a grip.

Edit: I watched the reel and I do agree with message behind it (hi melanie) she has NO comedic timing whatsoever and the angles are strange so the message is lost completely and it just looks cringe.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm bi and in a commited long term relationship with a man. I genuinly don't care what people think my sexuality is, it really doesn't effect me. The only time my bisexuality is relevant these days is when I participate in LGBT discussions and events. And the lgbt community is an open community, so no issue there. I don't doubt she's bisexual, but I do doubt that she is experiencing bi-erasure in any way that is relevant to her current life. Who cares if people not relevant to her sex life think she is straight? She is married with a whole friggen human dependant. I say grow up, there are much bigger issues in the LGBT community right now, like transphobia and protecting black trans lives. Given the comments she made about the trans community, she has no right to complain about bi-erasure. She publicly spoke out on trans issues that she knew nothing about and didn't effect her. Claiming that her being a tom boy as a child was comparable to a young trans person. Again with the hypocrisy, she herself tried to question the validity of young trans people wanting to transition. Not to mention that she constantly references Harry Potter with little thought to how this may effect her trans viewers.

Anything she can grasp at for attention I guess. She talks about being bisexual whenever she can shove it into any conversation. People will always form crappy/incorrect opinions. Whether or not she dignifies them with a response is her choice I guess. But she was trying to erase the experiences of young trans people on twitter not that long ago...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Also is it just me (please don't come after me if I am very wrong) but isn't comparing bi erasure to calling a single person asexual a bit crass? Where was she going with this Reel? I don't think she used a very good analogy, it's my point.

• Heart
OMFG can she STOP with the "poor me working and juggling a baby it's ever so hard" she doesn't WORK ffs, not like everyone else who has to leave their child in a daycare all day in order to pay rent, which is another thing she wouldn't do of course 🙄 and why does she keep sticking the poor baby in front of a screen just so she can just be on her phone all day? Does she not understand that at his age ANYTHING is entertainment enough, she doesn't need to do screen time at all, the poor boy

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not Mel still supporting JK Rowling and now liking borderline transphobic tweets replying to an article designed to outrage 🙄. (Also inclusive language is not erasing your right to identify as a mother ffs)
I could think of a million ways to say my disgust but the main one is: of course it’s the DM.. 🙄🙄 liking that mans tweet about the NHS. You’re not English! The NHS problems do not affect you and you don’t have the first idea of the problems within the HSE

Not Mel still supporting JK Rowling and now liking borderline transphobic tweets replying to an article designed to outrage 🙄. (Also inclusive language is not erasing your right to identify as a mother ffs)
She's been a daily mail reader for a while and increasingly so during the pandemic as the daily fail publish all the anti lockdown tripe that she laps up. Although I'm sure she considers herself more of an intellectual than that and so occasionally finds a similar article from the Spectator to mix it up a bit.

She could read the Brighton University Hospital's NHS Trust webpage about all of the inclusive language updates and find out that the plan is to introduce the chosen language alongside the terms that are deemed non-inclusive on their own. So instead of just mother you would have "mother or birthing parent" and instead of just breastfeeding you would apparently have "breastfeeding or chest feeding".

To be honest the only one that just doesn't make enough sense to me to be convincing is the chest one because it's well acknowledged that every human has breasts/breast tissue and I think it is more medically confusing. Breast infection and chest infection are two very different things and both can affect all humans regardless of sex.

Wonder if Melanie actual read the article though or if she just read the twitter headline.

Reactions: 16
Also is it just me (please don't come after me if I am very wrong) but isn't comparing bi erasure to calling a single person asexual a bit crass? Where was she going with this Reel? I don't think she used a very good analogy, it's my point.
It's definitely a weird comparison, as being single doesn't represent ones sexuality at all. You can have sex with tons of people and still be single. Likewise being asexual doesn't mean someone is aromantic. You can be asexual and still have romantic relationships and preferances that have nothing to do with sex. Does she really not know that asexual people date? For someone who considers herself an LGBT representative and sex educator, she really doesn't know a heck of a lot about sexualty.

If you call a single person asexual you are making a baseless assumption. So ya, it's a weird thing to do. But If someone calls a bi person straight, they are technically correct in a sense. There's just more to the story and it's not really their business anyway, so who cares? Lol. If someone called me straight while I'm out with my partner I'd probably be like, "Ya, I'm into the D, good observation. What gave it away?" I don't see how that's offensive. She just seems really confused. She seems to really want a reason to "poor me." Bi-erasure is a problem, but the examples she's giving aren't good examples of bi-erasure. They are examples of rude speculation, which is different. It's rude, but people have a right to speculate. Free speech goes both ways. The real issues with bi-erasure stem from a more historical standpoint, how we represent bisexual people from the past in a historical or educational context. Erasing them from history. I'm sorry Mel, but you A) aren't going to make history. And B) aren't at risk of having your sexuality erased as you never stop talking about it online and news media has literally never speculated about it.

• Heart
Nit picky that it annoys me she says she’s postpartum in the title of her new video? Yes.

does it absolutely annoy me? Also yes.

the pp period is the 6 weeks after the birth. She’s far from that now😶

Reactions: 14
omg that reel of hers. Standing in front of a mirror in her bra, with a tiktok voice over "you gonna take that dick." god help Milo when his friends discover the goldmine of embarressment that his mother has put up on the internet. What bleeping 30 something year old makes tiktoks/insta reels in their bra about "taking the dick". Morto

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I'm bi and in a commited long term relationship with a man. I genuinly don't care what people think my sexuality is, it really doesn't effect me. The only time my bisexuality is relevant these days is when I participate in LGBT discussions and events. And the lgbt community is an open community, so no issue there. I don't doubt she's bisexual, but I do doubt that she is experiencing bi-erasure in any way that is relevant to her current life. Who cares if people not relevant to her sex life think she is straight? She is married with a whole friggen human dependant. I say grow up, there are much bigger issues in the LGBT community right now, like transphobia and protecting black trans lives. Given the comments she made about the trans community, she has no right to complain about bi-erasure. She publicly spoke out on trans issues that she knew nothing about and didn't effect her. Claiming that her being a tom boy as a child was comparable to a young trans person. Again with the hypocrisy, she herself tried to question the validity of young trans people wanting to transition. Not to mention that she constantly references Harry Potter with little thought to how this may effect her trans viewers.

Anything she can grasp at for attention I guess. She talks about being bisexual whenever she can shove it into any conversation. People will always form crappy/incorrect opinions. Whether or not she dignifies them with a response is her choice I guess. But she was trying to erase the experiences of young trans people on twitter not that long ago...
All of this, yess. I identify as bisexual as well, and I am in a relationship with a straight man. No one in my circle has questioned my identity, and if someone outside that does what do I care of their opinion? I am a grown woman and I know who I am. Being white, cis and straight-passing, in a heterosexual relationship is a massive privilege and I can't go crying when someone calls me straight when there are so many, often life-threatening, issues in the LGBT community. I wasn't aware of the transphobic tweets and the tone-deaf Harry Potter references, but that goes to show how little perspective she has and how flimsy her engagement is with the rest of the community she claims to represent. I couldn't properly articulate what I found so cringy with that reel, but I think it's the blatant superficiality of it all, the using of her identity for attention and hollow content instead of using her platform to expand on larger issues surrounding the community in Ireland and Europe.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you for your insight @PumpkinLanterns. One of my closest friends is ace so I have some understanding (albeit limited because she's the only ace person in my life that I know of) and that's why I thought the comparison was a bit clunky.

Nit picky that it annoys me she says she’s postpartum in the title of her new video? Yes.
does it absolutely annoy me? Also yes.
the pp period is the 6 weeks after the birth. She’s far from that now😶
Lily Pebbles had her little one 18+ months ago and she still refers to her hair as "post partum hair". She's dragging it out

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.