Melanie Murphy #18 Not my fault it’s baby brain, my 1970s house is a money drain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s insufferable. Why list the three extras roles as three seperate jobs? She didn’t list each of her books individually, or each brand deal she’s done or each “presenting” job she’s apparently been doing.

This one really annoyed me too. I don’t understand what she’s trying to say with the last line.

“There were a lot of extras I met who had been doing it for decades (men with beards etc, unique looks!)”

Men with beards in Vikings? Colour me shocked. Do men with beards count as “unique” looking?
Flesh furniture🤢 She has a strange way with words…

Reactions: 9
Genuinely can’t remember when she’s ever worked as a presenter or social media consultant?
half of these things can't be considered work. i've been an extra myself (like most people who live in big cities in the UK) and showing up, eating some crappy sandwiches, getting a costume, maybe your hair and make-up done, waiting and having a camera float around is not considered work. the fact that she distinguishes extra and featured extra makes me laugh as well. the fact that she lasted 4 months working the floor at carphone warehouse speaks volumes, she could never hack a "real" job. oh, sorry, i forgot that she is a mum and therefore invincible to any argument that she could not handle a job in the "real" world.

You don’t get the Back to Education Allowance during the summer months when you’re not in college. You can either sign on to normal Jobseeker’s Allowance or work part time for the summer months. But I do agree, it’s weird that she hasn’t ever mentioned working at the factory before.
maybe she has realised that she has had no jobs other than talking about herself online, so had to seem more relatable to people by having worked in a factory. so then nobody can use the argument that she has never had a real job.

Reactions: 11
To be honest she was probably paid under the table IF she did work at her dad’s factory. Who knows if she really worked there though, she probably just added it into that story to make it look like she’s had real jobs.

Reactions: 7
She could talk the hind legs off a donkey. On IG comments, at least.

• Haha
She could talk the hind legs off a donkey. On IG comments, at least.
Yes why are her comments always so long???? Most influencers give two sentences at most. She has to convince herself show off her incredible writing skills with an ESSAY

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s said in her latest Q&A that their mortgage is over 2k a month for 25 years, that’s insane given how precarious Thomas’ job was not so long ago and how hers is heavily dependant on her online success. She also said her fav thing she’s looking forward to this year is decorating the living room. Not, idk, the birth of your daughter??? Pretty sure that’s likely to happen this year?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
She’s said in her latest Q&A that their mortgage is over 2k a month for 25 years, that’s insane given how precarious Thomas’ job was not so long ago and how hers is heavily dependant on her online success. She also said her fav thing she’s looking forward to this year is decorating the living room. Not, idk, the birth of your daughter??? Pretty sure that’s likely to happen this year?
They had a pretty big deposit as Melanie always pointed out how she could have paid off Thomas’ €100k pilot school debt in a second if he “would let her” so they probably got the big mortgage based on the sizeable deposit

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20221019-142910_Instagram.jpg

Not the potential birth of your child no?can't remember exactly when she's due but did she no say at one point it was a Christmas baby?

Reactions: 20
View attachment 1662102

Not the potential birth of your child no?can't remember exactly when she's due but did she no say at one point it was a Christmas baby?
I believe she’s actually due in very early January because she was making comments about it being a Christmas baby but then when she said her due date people were like… so not a Christmas baby but a New Year’s baby. I think it’s fair to give her a pass on this one because from memory she’s due in the first week of Jan.

Reactions: 4
They had a pretty big deposit as Melanie always pointed out how she could have paid off Thomas’ €100k pilot school debt in a second if he “would let her” so they probably got the big mortgage based on the sizeable deposit
It puts a massive pressure on Thomas. To have to pay two grand a month on top of the small fortune they are paying to just make the place liveable is a massive amount of money on what is essentially one salary ( plus whatever Mel brings in when she feels like it).

What I got from the whole thing was how unaware she was of the finances, she has no clue about how much she’s spending on food or utilities, it really doesn’t sound like she sat down and has ever done a budget.

Reactions: 12
And as usual, she did everything “right” by not living with him before they got married. Someone asked her about living together first and she immediately jumps to divorce? ( and as usual she jumps to stats that are largely American based. )

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’d say that the 2k a month mortgage over 25 years must have been decided on by themselves? The banks will allow you to spread the cost of the mortgage until normal retirement age (65) which means that they should have been able to get a 30 year term which would have made it cheaper. No idea why they would impose that huge cost on themselves- maybe Thomas wants to retire early? As an aside, I dislike her fringe in those instagram stories, gives me Spock vibes and not in a good way

Reactions: 10
Whhhyyyyyy has she posted the doctors name, the date and the time of her appointment? She really has 0 common sense about online safety.

Reactions: 21
I’d say that the 2k a month mortgage over 25 years must have been decided on by themselves? The banks will allow you to spread the cost of the mortgage until normal retirement age (65) which means that they should have been able to get a 30 year term which would have made it cheaper. No idea why they would impose that huge cost on themselves- maybe Thomas wants to retire early? As an aside, I dislike her fringe in those instagram stories, gives me Spock vibes and not in a good way
I was literally coming here to comment on this!!! Our mortgage is low its 350 a month for 30 years (we are here 2 and half years now) like if we up the money to 1000 a month we will have our house paid off in 7 years but we don't want that financial strain!! Who would!

Whhhyyyyyy has she posted the doctors name, the date and the time of her appointment? She really has 0 common sense about online safety.
It has her Medical records number, her appointment date and time and her birthday is all over the internet too. There’s enough information there to ring and cancel the bloody appointment. It’s so silly!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It has her Medical records number, her appointment date and time and her birthday is all over the internet too. There’s enough information there to ring and cancel the bloody appointment. It’s so silly!
She literally could’ve said she got the date of the appointment wrong without showing that letter, she’s honestly not the brightest candle on the cake.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.