Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pacho

Guys feel free to tell me to just unwatch this thread, I won't be offended but can we please stop talking about babies dying🥺 I am 2 days PP with my first & I already don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep at night with her in the bassinet beside me knowing she is ok

• Heart
Reactions: 42

emerald

VIP Member
She's such a Billy bullshitter. Saying on IG stories that she called the video boy vs girl pregnancy because she's been pregnant before and miscarried but she refers to them as her "first and second" pregnancies in the video.

Screenshots:
Screenshot_20221110_211257.jpg
Screenshot_20221110_211328.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

ThatPsychBtch

Screenshot_20221111_232859.jpg

I literally had to make an account because I can't believe she commented in agreement on a post by Nikki Phillippi, an open pro-life, republican, antivax idiot. Wtf is she on

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

Dearreader

VIP Member
Watched the latest video which I'm sure is her interpretation of a video essay (big lol)

Firstly the cringe where she's talking to her past self is so forced and wooden.

But did anyone catch her stating that some women have extra children to get more money off the government.???? I actually couldn't believe she came out with such a shitty ignorant take. Like she edits her videos and left that in?? Shows her distaste for women she doesn't deem on her level. Also gas that she thinks she's better than anyone. She was on government payments before college and throughout so probably about six years.

I went reading her comments to see if anyone called her out on it and I seen comments calling her classist and anti feminist . Deserved.

IMG_20230220_091347.jpg
IMG_20230220_091414.jpg
IMG_20230220_091443.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

rattleprattle

Chatty Member
Saying that child cancer and child death numbers are attributable to mothers feeding choices is the shittiest thing she could casually come out with.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Tove_drew

Chatty Member
Lol at the end of her vlog when she described this year as the most stressful time of her life (fair enough) before adding “even more stressful than writing my thesis” just in case anyone forgot that Melmo is an intellectual, an academic, a future lecturer, and *most importantly* a teacher by trade 💚💚💚
It grinds my gears that she calls what she did in her BA a “THESIS”. In Ireland and U.K. you call it a dissertation because it is not the same as a thesis. In the UK and Ireland, you write a dissertation at the end of a bachelor's or master's degree, and you write a thesis to complete a PhD. In America it’s the other way around.

As someone actually working on my PhD it’s just irritating and she knows the difference. There’s no chance her uni called it a thesis. She’s either actually trying to elevate her work or just can’t remember what it was called which makes me think she didn’t take it all that seriously anyway.

And before anyone says “they are the same thing just one is longer”, they’re not. The content and quality of the research is completely different. With a dissertation you are basically regurgitating the literature and research available to you in books, papers, etc. and posing it into an argument. It’s basically just threading well worn ground.

A PhD is looking into your field of research and questioning an area of it, hopefully posing a question that hasn’t already been asked/answered and generating NEW information based on research and methodology. Effectively, creating a NEW nugget of research to further the field. And even just FINDING a novel question or question worth asking is a process in that of itself!!

I’m ranting sorry guys 😅 phd stress and infertility are a bitch

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

monga

VIP Member
Baldy did his manly duty sooo hard to get REN ( renovation baby haha ) out 🤢
He looks like a young Susan Boyle here
0C6ECC92-A9BB-42E0-9B20-B9387D4F361A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

Chloer43

Also hate that she is online telling people her stretch marks are because she didn’t moisturise enough. Hate the thought that women will be seeing this and blaming themselves for getting stretch marks and hating their bodies for not using lotion enough.
Moisturising doesn’t prevent stretch marks! Look at your mom and maternal grandma, if they have them, likelihood is you will too. I oiled twice a day and lotioned and still got a belly full of them. I didn’t know why, when I felt like I did everything I could/was told I should do. But after researching, I know better now. We shouldn’t be spreading that misinformation!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Agelsfa

ew all the bragging about her birth and how 'unbelievable' it was she could push her out on all fours. Yeah its your second Mel you're looser , big whoop. As someone currently pregnant I just find it gross bragging about birth, as if it's some kind of achievement dependent on how well you do it or how hard you try !! As opposed to a basically random lottery.
I feel like this too. I had 2 very easy births, pushed em out quickly, no tearing, up and about like nothing happened straight away. I did nothing in preparation. No hypnobirthing, no whatever else she is on about. Your body pretty much does what your body is going to do in labour. Some go well, some not so well and we have very little control over how it all goes down. I was lucky that's all. Birth shouldn't be something that we succeed or fail in. It just is and we are really lucky to have modern medicine that means when things go wrong we don't have die doing it(except in rare cases obviously).

• Heart
Reactions: 29

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
Great advice here- to avoid divorce, simply don’t marry someone you might want to divorce 😊 thanks Mel, you absolute genius x
She really does think being married makes her an all knowing expert. Melanie, girl, it is not unique to only marry someone you couldn’t see yourself divorcing. In fact, that’s how most people approach marriage. She’s so dense, she really thinks she’s passing on some secret wisdom.

• Haha

Catsme

Chatty Member
I’m glad her birth was easy and she was able to heal from any residual trauma from her previous birth, but damn does she come across as a smug cunt in that.

She isn’t a hero for having a “physiologic” birth. She isn’t revolutionary for giving birth on all fours. She isn’t amazing for breathing right or relaxing right or listening to music right.

People birth children EVERY SECOND of every day. Just in the time it’s taken to write this comment, at least 100 babies have been born. Some 9+ lbs, some tiny 6 lb’ers.

Some will have been born under C-section; others with epidurals. Some parents will have had major haemorrhaging, some will have had complications, and tragically, some may have died (parent or baby).

All were births.

And yes, some will have been dramatically more positive than others. Others will have needed medical intervention that deviated from any birth plans or previous notions of what birth “should” be, and that might’ve been terrifying.

But it isn’t the parent’s fault or the doctors’ faults or the baby’s fault. It isn’t because the people giving birth do some special magic thing; it’s chance. It’s luck.

I don’t have kids and never will, but I read Mel’s post and instantly felt shit about myself. I know that if I were to give birth, I’d be terrified and overwhelmed and miserable and I’d hate every second of it, and I don’t know how I’d cope with that (I don’t think I would). But it wouldn’t make me a failure.

And if I could think all that as someone who DOESN’T want/have kids, how bad would it be for someone who does?

I know someone who had a really tragic, traumatic birth that shaped their life ever after, and they couldn’t even talk about it. On the other hand, my mum had the easiest birth with me and she knows it was a fluke. My mum could easily have been in this other woman’s place and it wouldn’t have been because they didn’t try, or because they didn’t know enough about being *heavenly sacred earth mama queens*.

It’s birth. Medically, it’s messy. It’s random.
And it isn’t because Mel is revolutionary.
She isn’t.

So while that post alone doesn’t say it all, Mel’s overwhelming attitude to birthing (along with her arrogant distain for the doctors who helped the first time) definitely does. Of course, sharing your birth experience is great and it’s lovely to hear about a birth that went well.
But this is MELANIE, people. She’s thinking how great she is and how if more people just listened to her instead of Big Medicine, they’d all be hero mothers too.

• Heart

Elle

VIP Member
Okay out of interest I went back to see when she got engaged and she says they got engaged a year before they went public with it because they were wanted to make a ring. That’s wild to me to wait a year just because of a ring.
Especially THAT ring. Got to be the worst I've ever seen.

Looks like it came out of a Kinder egg.
0_melanie-3PNG.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
I understand the principle of not sharing the name and face
But, in my opinion, when influencers go into great detail about their birth and any details after all privacy is lost and they’re plastering their kid online without their consent

• Heart

whataboutit

I hate how she’s framed this video around the gender of the child… “boy” pregnancy vs “girl” pregnancy rather than just being a video about her 1st pregnancy compared to her 2nd. She could have had two boys and still had very different pregnancies.
Yes Mel it’s your unborn daughter that stole your beauty and turned you into a moody bitch
1668032420430.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick

artemist

Chatty Member
She’s said in her latest Q&A that their mortgage is over 2k a month for 25 years, that’s insane given how precarious Thomas’ job was not so long ago and how hers is heavily dependant on her online success. She also said her fav thing she’s looking forward to this year is decorating the living room. Not, idk, the birth of your daughter??? Pretty sure that’s likely to happen this year?

• Wow
  • Sad