Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it annoys me that her son walks about with the poppers in his vest undone and hanging around his legs. Why?!

Reactions: 1
it annoys me that her son walks about with the poppers in his vest undone and hanging around his legs. Why?!
It Annoys me too, it looks weird and the poppers are on vests for a reason, why not to just do them. This is not a first time he walks around like this, I don’t know why. But who knows what bizarre ideas his parents have

Reactions: 3
That video is so bizarre. I don't drink and I know lots of people who choose not to drink. We do it for different reasons and it's really nothing special. So I'm not sure who these videos are for. They aren't for people with addiction issues, as she says a lot of things in the video with yucky implications. At one point she says something like, "I can easily put down a delicious whiskey if I think of a bad night I had." 🤦‍♀️

But it's also not for people who don't drink because, well, most of us don't see this as difficult or special. I just don't drink. I also don't think it's wrong for people to have a drink if they are ok to. So what demographic is she trying to reach here?

It just seems like either A) She's exploiting the idea of sobriety for attention/views. Or B) Her issues with alcohol are more serious than she's willing to admit. The comment about sneaking a drink behind Thomas's back was weird. Does this imply that this decision was more his idea than hers? Either way, it's uncomfortable to watch. She basically just glorifies alcohol for 10 minutes. What a great sobriety video. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Been dipping in and out the last few days (😉). I have Covid so mainly been sick and feeling sorry for myself, but way better now than I was - thanks Vaccines. You totally new medical procedure why didn’t we think of you sooner?😂😂

Just back to comment on it being Thomas’s idea more than hers. I thought it was? She made a prick of herself at a thing in Spain and then got asked to leave at a function in a hotel, right? And basically Thomas told her to rein it in. Or am I mixing things up? I’ve never got the impression it was her who wanted to stop drinking in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Can’t really be surprised when she hasn’t buttoned any of her own shirts in yonks. Maybe she’s taking a stand against the global button industry?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's always so vague and spins it as her choice. This is the first time I've seen her directly imply that he would be angry with her if she had even a drink. I guess I just never pictured Thomas as being controlling in that way. More a passive supporter of the idea.

Also sucks about the covid, but glad you're better. Just curious and totally off topic, but how managable did you find the symptoms with the vaccine? My partner's been working with covid patients all month and I'm paranoid we're going to get it. We're both vaxxed.

Reactions: 8
It’s all so ridiculous. My guess is Thomas saw her toxic behaviour amplified when she was drunk and said he won’t be with her if she drinks. She somehow thinks giving up alcohol is the only thing she needs to do to not be to toxic. When in reality all it does it make it easier to hide. It’s laughable really and nothing to do with alcohol or “sobriety” in the true sense of the word.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She's always so vague and spins it as her choice. This is the first time I've seen her directly imply that he would be angry with her if she had even a drink. I guess I just never pictured Thomas as being controlling in that way. More a passive supporter of the idea.

Also sucks about the covid, but glad you're better. Just curious and totally off topic, but how managable did you find the symptoms with the vaccine? My partner's been working with covid patients all month and I'm paranoid we're going to get it. We're both vaxxed.
He probably gave her the option to give up the drink or duck off. Can’t say I blame him, there’s nothing worse than someone who can’t handle their drink.

Honestly the first two days were DREADFUL. There’s no dressing it up better than it was. Full body chills, muscle pain, fever through the roof, couldn’t stand without shaking, dulled taste buds/ smell. After two horrendous days the fever broke and the aches, pains and shakes went with it. I feel 80% better now already but my tiredness levels are something else. I’m okay for short bursts but can’t do much stuff - I made a cup of coffee and brought it back to my room and felt like I needed a nap afterwards. so I’ll definitely need another few days in bed but it’s manageable. Taste buds and smell aren’t any better yet though.

But all of that could be so so much worse if I wasn’t vaxxed

Reactions: 10
I agree with @oicheliath here. Melanie mentioned on her stereo she behaved in a way, shouting at Thomas, in the vicinity of family and that her behaviour was so out of control that she had to be forcefully removed by hotel staff.

I personally wouldn't put up with someone aggressive with alcohol and would put the same ultimatum Thomas did.

To me just what i took from the video- it wasn't about alcohol at all. Several times she mentions how he doesn't drink, in support of her... now speculating I would guess it's less got to do with him supporting her and more to do with her guilting him.

She also mentions over and over how hes going to be away on *Christmas* and how the temptation to drink behind his back. There isn't a doubt in my mind this is done to guilt him and have him worry that it would be his fault.

She hasn't got an alcohol problem. She has a personality problem. Her controlling and aggressive behaviour isn't as well hidden, alcohol brings it into the light. Mel isn't in control if people aren't worried or fawning over her. The only way mel has the upper hand over loved ones is to make sure she has a new diagnosis or issue that keeps her front and centre. She has a child- some of the statements she came out with in that video are sickening and selfish.

@PumpkinLanterns summed it up pretty well.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Is anyone else triggered by all the tit on the spoon handle
Screenshot_20211223-195510_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
New video:

1) likening the choice to not drink to the choice of whether or not to put veggies with your dinner shows that she never actually had a problem with addiction. How patronising.

2) Why does Thomas have to always walk in half way through her filming? Also anyone note how her whole demeanor changed when he did? Until then she was talking about how tempting it would be and how she enjoyed it, and then after he came in she immediately started talking about "that night" and how horrible she was. Gives me sketchy vibes.

3) CAN SHE PLEASE JUST PUT HER BRA AWAY? Why does she have to constantly have her bras hanging out of her dresses?

Reactions: 17
That video is clearly her trying to convince herself to stay 'sober' because she clearly wants to drink. I do get that there is fear if you are a particularly crappy drunk (I've been one myself in the past) but you have to learn moderation and limits but more than that you have to actually do the underlying mental health work that is usually what the alcohol unleashes. And we all know that Mel has done diddly squat about actually solving her emotional and mental problems.
This does not an alcoholic make. This is just having mental health problems made worse by alcohol and not knowing your limits.
I don't blame Thomas for not wanting her to drink if she's that bad on it but forcing someone won't last in the long term

Reactions: 15
New video:

1) likening the choice to not drink to the choice of whether or not to put veggies with your dinner shows that she never actually had a problem with addiction. How patronising.

2) Why does Thomas have to always walk in half way through her filming? Also anyone note how her whole demeanor changed when he did? Until then she was talking about how tempting it would be and how she enjoyed it, and then after he came in she immediately started talking about "that night" and how horrible she was. Gives me sketchy vibes.

3) CAN SHE PLEASE JUST PUT HER BRA AWAY? Why does she have to constantly have her bras hanging out of her dresses?
It’s such a bad and not a neat look with bras hanging out.

I feel a little sorry for Thomas if she is that bad of drunk on top of all other “lovely” personality traits. That sounds worse than anyone I know when they drink.

Reactions: 3
A lot to unpack here but… vaccines are a ‘new medical procedure’?

🤡🤡🤡
Jesus, her comments. “As hard as that may be”… And why is it SO hard to trust medical professionals Mel? So sick of her pseudo-science, soft anti-vaxx rhetoric. Just duck away off you uneducated narcissistic twit.

Reactions: 14
Soooo....it's Thomas and his family's fault that she's struggling to not drink at Christmas?? She's unbelievable. It's such an antiquated belief that absolutely everyone in Ireland is mad for the booze. I see more and more people my age and younger going off it. I met one of my friend's for a socially distanced Christmas hot chocolate this week. What's the big deal

Can she not get out of the attic and have a word with her inlaws about how she's struggling and scared of going it alone without Thomas? If they're as close as she says would they not understand and appreciate that more than a passive aggressive vlog? Grow up Melanie

Been dipping in and out the last few days (😉). I have Covid so mainly been sick and feeling sorry for myself, but way better now than I was - thanks Vaccines. You totally new medical procedure why didn’t we think of you sooner?😂😂
Wishing you a super speedy recovery 💗 Thankful for vaccinations. Enjoy the added antibodies now too 🙌🎉😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.