Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She mentions afterlife and how she's a ricky gervais fan but never watched it BUT I remember vividly her posting a crying selfie on IG stories about how afterlife "broke her"
Yes! You’re right, she did do that. Did she mention it in that video? Sorry I can’t bear to watch it so me bringing it up is a coincidence if it is. So she blatantly is taking from that but claiming she’s not watched it. She’s just the worst.

Reactions: 7
She mentions afterlife and how she's a ricky gervais fan but never watched it BUT I remember vividly her posting a crying selfie on IG stories about how afterlife "broke her"
Yes I do remember her mentioning it as well, I think she even recommended it in one of her Q&A’s at some point as well? Funny thing is, if Ricky knew who she was he’d have ripped her to shreds back at the beginning of lockdown when she claimed she was an essential worker, can you imagine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes! You’re right, she did do that. Did she mention it in that video? Sorry I can’t bear to watch it so me bringing it up is a coincidence if it is. So she blatantly is taking from that but claiming she’s not watched it. She’s just the worst.
TW - suicide

I went back and rewatched. She says they watched one episode of afterlife and didn't continue as it was too bleak durning the pandemic... the point she was trying to make there was that there are no original ideas with baldy injecting in agreement saying nothing appears out of a vacuum. She definitely watched afterlife she posted a sobbing IG story when she finished it. She's twisted. For her to even bring up afterlife out of nowhere.....

I think it's clear from her body language and nonsense excuses for plagiarism, that she's trying to cover her arse for other things she has plagiarized in the book- hence the big speel on inspiration and there are no original ideas.

She maintains she got her idea from Jessie for her input on MH and who was struggling with suicidal ideation at the time and told Melanie her dog relying on her was keeping her going.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
TW - suicide

I went back and rewatched. She says they watched one episode of afterlife and didn't continue as it was too bleak durning the pandemic... the point she was trying to make there was that there are no original ideas with baldy injecting in agreement saying nothing appears out of a vacuum. She definitely watched afterlife she posted a sobbing IG story when she finished it. She's twisted. For her to even bring up afterlife out of nowhere.....

I think it's clear from her body language and nonsense excuses for plagiarism, that she's trying to cover her arse for other things she has plagiarized in the book- hence the big speel on inspiration and there are no original ideas.

She maintains she got her idea from Jessie for her input on MH and who was struggling with suicidal ideation at the time and told Melanie her dog relying on her was keeping her going.
She likes to pull the ‘there are no original ideas, everything has already been done’ card and while I agree with that to an extent, as I’ve said before, taking a concept or an idea someone else has talked about before and giving your own take on it is completely different to copying each and every word Anna used in her video. Excuses, excuses. Do better, Melanie 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She likes to pull the ‘there are no original ideas, everything has already been done’ card and while I agree with that to an extent, as I’ve said before, taking a concept or an idea someone else has talked about before and giving your own take on it is completely different to copying each and every word Anna used in her video. Excuses, excuses. Do better, Melanie 🙄

I agree!! She actually took the entirety of what anna said, in the order she said it and stuck it in her book. The fact shes deleting any comment mentioning plagiarism proves her actions.

Her random mention of afterlife to cover her arse because she copied that too, mentioning it ahead of the book release so she doesnt get called out for copying his work too is snake behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree!! She actually took the entirety of what anna said, in the order she said it and stuck it in her book. The fact shes deleting any comment mentioning plagiarism proves her actions.

Her random mention of afterlife to cover her arse because she copied that too, mentioning it ahead of the book release so she doesnt get called out for copying his work too is snake behaviour.
Oh for sure! Season 3 of afterlife comes out next month, see if she mentions it 😄
Another thing… If, as a writer, you can’t come up with your own dialogue in a scene you’re writing, like if you can’t use your imagination to come up with your own ideas on how people might react in certain scenarios, what they might say… if instead of doing that, you have to literally steal the words of a grieving sister, maybe you’re not meant to be a writer. Just my two cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The daughter that is on a bizarre carnavore diet, doesn't believe in taking psych meds, and whose podcast has platformed people who are anti vax, anti covid restriction and don't believe in climate change. Episodes also include "the trans debate", "woke narratives debunked" and "the truth behind antifa" with Andy Ngo. She sure sounds like a lovely person Mel!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I love that faux intellectual Mel likes the Petersons. It's just so in character for her - a person who believes she is capable of deep and original thought which not actually being capable of it.

She can duck off with all the BS re plagarism in the most recent video. Not good enough. Plenty of authors wrote during the pandemic without managing to plagarise or borrow plot points from other media. It's called being creative, using your imagination and being good at your craft.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Seen this in the comments of Anna's video. I wonder if Anna is even aware of the bullshit excuses Mel gave for plagiarizing her work?

Screenshot_20211220-082452_YouTube.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Staying alive for his pet is a big thing in Ricky Gervais’ After Life. Could potentially be taken from that?
She did mention Afterlife! I haven't seen it but going by others' reactions that's where Mel's got it from 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Wow it's great news that Anna got word of it. Also pretty unbelievable she went on in that youtube comment saying "was that you that ratted me out?"

Tbh I shared the screenshot to anna's ig but I am not sure she saw it, I would imagine she received more than one message about it. I found it funny that mel thought it was that ONE message only to rat her out. Like, she makes it sound such detective work to link her passage to anna's video that ONE person only managed to make the connection, while probably anna's socials have been flooded with the same content.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Really makes me wonder what else she’s lifted from third party sources.. although if she has any sense she will quietly go and re-write any other blatantly plagiarised parts now.

Her publisher must be impressed. Can just imagine the phone calls she’s having 😂 “Oh, hi Lisa - yes, I know I’ve already submitted all of this for editing and we’ve finalised the draft.. but I want to re-write pages 4,5,6,18, 25, 63, 6- yes, I know.. I’m sorry but it turns out that some internet STALKERS have noticed my writing is inspired by this other content.. I must have just done it subconsciously done it, silly me! Yes, so sorry… I will fix it, promise!”

such grace, such professionalism.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I would have had more respect if Melanie just apologised publicly to Anna, rather than dance around the subject full of excuses.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What irked me about how she addressed the plagiarism was her saying she wished she hadn’t been so tired when writing and maybe if she hasn’t been she would have thought to check where she got her “inspiration” from.

Like, sorry, this is her job. Saying I was tired isn’t good enough for most jobs. She has a job that she can fit around her lifestyle and she’s still making excuses.

Also, regardless of how open Jessie is about her struggles I think it’s kind of bad for Melanie to bring it into this video.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She will literally blame everyone and everything to avoid saying ‘I’m sorry, I fucked up.’

Melanie, feel free to plagiarise those five words. You might learn something.

• Heart
If plagiarism consisted in using the same idea someone else already had, 99% of academic papers and research would be null and void.
Plagiarism is something else, in the video she said something like "if you copy word for word is wrong, of course" but that's actuallly what she did.
I think she is not mentioning anna's name because people would be smart, look up the video, and see that lifting the script verbatim is what she actually did do.

• Heart
No wonder she’s exhausted…she’s constantly tripping over her own lies, and manipulative narratives! 🤪. Melanie O’Toxic, the gift that keeps on gifting!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I actually found that painful to watch. I was so tired I forgot where it came from? What?! That is the poorest excuse I think I've ever heard. I would have more respect for her if she said, 'I was researching how a person may of felt in that situation and used Anna's story which was wrong of me. I have reached out to her, we've discussed it and come to a resolution...etc' like why is it so hard to admit you fucked up? I don't think she was meaning to hurt anyone on purpose but seriously, she has absolutely no tact whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She’s more interested in accusing people of “ratting her out” than actually admitting she blatantly did something wrong. It’s laziness and entitlement and martyr syndrome all over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.