Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this mask talk comes from a person, who, 20 months into a global pandemic, wears her mask like this.
View attachment 909060

Shocker, I know. That she doesn't put her mask on properly at the grocery store. What a shocker. And the brand tagging is just off the charts lately.
And both of them touching the partition 😩 If she wears a mask like that I imagine hand sanitizer is beneath her also

Someone needs to take the entire internet off her

Reactions: 6
But to be fair when pre-covid did we put a stop to life because of a few hundred people in hospital? HSE is never not under pressure in this country. Media hysteria IS gone beyond at this stage.

Whataboutery still doesn’t make it right.
The media doesn’t set the restrictions, it’s reporting on the news. I can’t comment on all media, but I follow the common Irish ones that Mel would probably know (RTÉ, Irish times) I would not class it as hysteric. Sure, it’s tiring to keep hearing about covid but it is an ongoing issue and the public should be kept informed. Someone can not like the restrictions the government set, that’s their opinion, but unless that person works on the front line they may not be fully informed to decide what is or isn’t overwhelming for the hospitals. I don’t know what it’s like to work as a nurse/doctor in a hospital right now, I don’t know how on the brink they are so I’m not going to go on the internet and essentially say they should just get on with it so that I can go to a night club.
And honestly talking about hysteria when you’re the one saying we’re putting a ‘stop to life’, that is such an exaggeration for the current restrictions Mel is complaining about.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The media doesn’t set the restrictions, it’s reporting on the news. I can’t comment on all media, but I follow the common Irish ones that Mel would probably know (RTÉ, Irish times) I would not class it as hysteric. Sure, it’s tiring to keep hearing about covid but it is an ongoing issue and the public should be kept informed. Someone can not like the restrictions the government set, that’s their opinion, but unless that person works on the front line they may not be fully informed to decide what is or isn’t overwhelming for the hospitals. I don’t know what it’s like to work as a nurse/doctor in a hospital right now, I don’t know how on the brink they are so I’m not going to go on the internet and essentially say they should just get on with it so that I can go to a night club.
And honestly talking about hysteria when you’re the one saying we’re putting a ‘stop to life’, that is such an exaggeration for the current restrictions Mel is complaining about.
Look there’s no getting away from Covid, but it’s become a bit of a cult in Ireland over the last 2 years - I’ve been in a few different places abroad since and they just get on with things, but our HSE management is so shite they can’t handle it and prefer to blame the public and treat us like unruly kids even tho we all do our bit. Many are sick of it now and why wouldn’t they be, we’re not paid hundred of thousands like nphet, media and government who’re actually benefiting from this virtue signalling bullshit.

“ Get on with it”??? Can someone write a letter to the HSE and tell them to just get on with it please and thanks? Golly gosh why didn’t anyone think to just get on with it. Curtesy of the person who has been to a few different places abroad while the rest of us were locked down but “doing their bit” all the same.
Show me one nurse in ICU getting paid hundreds of thousands? Because when it comes down to it if me wearing a mask and getting vaccinated benefits one nurse I’ll happily do it as many times as is necessary.
Thanks for detailing the Mel chat though to talk tit about COVID policy. ( Deffo not virtue signalling tho) Well done you.
😷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I am an immigrant who came to this country 6 years ago and I STILL know more about Northern Ireland more than Melanie. I am embarrassed for her. I always think if she meets some foreigner, she would leave a very weird image of Irish people. She doesn’t have the responsibility to represent them per say but its bleeping weird how ignorant she is/pretends to be about local issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s been said already but the fact she’s not embarrassed to admit she doesn’t know much about NI really shows how deluded she is. She says it’s not a conversation she’s has much with friends - like Google it or start a conversation yourself? It doesn’t effect her so she has no interest.

Being Irish was/is a huge part of her brand. She could make a few videos about the history and what it’s like focus and conversations with different people on their thoughts.

Speaking of issues Melanie doesn’t understand, did she ever announce who won the FaceTime call with her when she was raising money fo

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Shouldn’t all those covid posts in her stories have a vaccine banner under them? The white ones that point people in the direction of actual science?

What is going on with her stories this evening anyways? It’s flitting from inspirational mom quotes, to food. No train of thought whatsover. Is she spamming to make the anti vaccine content less in terms of her overall story?
I think because she doesn’t explicitly use the key words like Covid or vaccine the banner doesn’t appear? I imagine it’s an intentional choice. Probably also why she said schmovid. What a moron.

Do you think Mel knows the Irish Rubgy team has players from both NI and RoI? Might blow her mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Can we get back to the thread and stop talking about covid ? The world is a miserable enough place at the moment for all of us. We don't need to turn on eachother. We don't need to agree. Can't we show some compassion and empathy for eachother ? The past 2 years we have all gone through lot. I thought this would bring the world closer but there are more divides than ever. Back to the thread please❤

Reactions: 5
Yes there is no need to talk about any Covid or Government Guidelines in particular here.
However, I hope we can talk about Melanie's Instagram posts specifically and Covid chat started because of Melanie's content. All of us questioning /exploring the information she is spreading as fact is very important since the words 'in my opinion' are frequently missing! I'm glad that none of us appear to have been taken in by her assurances of her thorough research...the key problem is how she extrapolates, stretches and twists the scientific fact she is reading to fit her narrative of warped ideas.

However, I do also think that with the responsibilities she has as an influencer, she should be more restrained in how often she shares very strong opinions on topics that have nothing to do with her and don't even effect her:

!
Why Mel feels she has any right to comment is beyond me. She's so far removed from this issue. Doesn't have a school aged child yet, doesn't work in a relevent field, doesn't have any relevant education or experience. Her so called "teaching degree" doesn't allow her to teach young children. What does she think she's adding to the conversation other than "I'm mad about this thing that doesn't have anything to do with me." She can go to restaurants now so she needs to find new reasons to complain I guess.
I feel exactly the same way regarding how irrelevant and unqualified Melanie is to be spouting her angry opinions about covid management in schools, potentially reaching thousands of followers and getting them wound up! But to be clear, I'm not suggesting she should be less genuine+ transparent; just quieter!

My colleague has a 3-4year old at playgroup (now nursery a year on) and by last Dec 2020 there were two children in his class of 25 who lost a previously healthy parent. Yes, this topic is grim and this thread is not the place for doom and gloom and catastrophising, but Melanie keeps inserting herself into the discussion. but Melanie has no experience of a kid at nursery and just how frequently they share colds and catch new ones and, while building THEIR immunity is important and kids aren't being badly effected by severe covid infections, when they take it home and share it round everyone who hugs them- there's real trouble.
My colleague introduced a dinosaur mask for her kid slowly for increasing lengths of time and while doing different activities so it wasn't scary and within a week he was happy to wear it anytime he was not eating/snacking and was engaged in some activity/occupied.
It is not 'child abuse' and that is certainly a problematic choice of terminology! Instead it is lazy parents who don't know how to parent and teach their brats that life is an endless series of compulsory actions and behaviours you have no choice but to comply with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I know that the vast majority of things she says are total nonsense, but this takes the biscuit, I know a lot of teachers and spend all day in schools, most of the children aren’t actually bothered about the masks, as someone already said, it’s a bit if a novelty to them and a lot have already been wearing them into shops etc. It’s the parents that cause most of the issues and problems. I do think that the department of education handled the whole situation poorly but that’s a different conversation. Now on to the real golden nugget from this post, who are all of these teachers that are buying their own air filtration systems for their classrooms 😂 maybe one or two might have but there are thousands of teachers in this country and many of them are definitely not doing that 😂😂
960F7B8C-AF20-43E2-A45C-2368AFE31E7F.jpeg

Reactions: 8
I know that the vast majority of things she says are total nonsense, but this takes the biscuit, I know a lot of teachers and spend all day in schools, most of the children aren’t actually bothered about the masks, as someone already said, it’s a bit if a novelty to them and a lot have already been wearing them into shops etc. It’s the parents that cause most of the issues and problems. I do think that the department of education handled the whole situation poorly but that’s a different conversation. Now on to the real golden nugget from this post, who are all of these teachers that are buying their own air filtration systems for their classrooms 😂 maybe one or two might have but there are thousands of teachers in this country and many of them are definitely not doing that 😂😂View attachment 909968
The only teacher I saw buying one was crazyhouseprices.
I'm a teacher and I don't know anyone personally who has bought one.
I would see it as letting the government off the hook with lack of investment in schools if all teachers did that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know that the vast majority of things she says are total nonsense, but this takes the biscuit, I know a lot of teachers and spend all day in schools, most of the children aren’t actually bothered about the masks, as someone already said, it’s a bit if a novelty to them and a lot have already been wearing them into shops etc. It’s the parents that cause most of the issues and problems. I do think that the department of education handled the whole situation poorly but that’s a different conversation. Now on to the real golden nugget from this post, who are all of these teachers that are buying their own air filtration systems for their classrooms 😂 maybe one or two might have but there are thousands of teachers in this country and many of them are definitely not doing that 😂😂View attachment 909968
My school is trialling an air filter at the moment, it recycles the air in the room, it doesn't create new air. We would need two or three in each classroom to clean the air at the recommended level, and we would still have to leave the windows open to let fresh air in, freezing both ourselves and the children. The CO2 monitor still went red in the classroom with the air filter in it.
Covid spread through my classroom and I had 1/4 of the children out of school for two weeks because they had covid.
Melanie has no idea what it's like in schools, we are all terrified going to work, terrified that any of the children could have covid and no symptoms. There are children in my class with underlying conditions, I am so terrified of them being exposed and getting really sick, or worse.
Yes, it sucks that 3rd class and upwards have to wear masks, but I'm sure the children (who have empathy for other people), would rather wear a mask than risk their friends getting sick. Children are a lot more clued in and capable than people give them credit for, they understand the situation we are in and most of them are happy to do their part.
Plus, teachers are not paid enough to afford air filters out of their own pocket 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Can we get back to the thread and stop talking about covid ? The world is a miserable enough place at the moment for all of us. We don't need to turn on eachother. We don't need to agree. Can't we show some compassion and empathy for eachother ? The past 2 years we have all gone through lot. I thought this would bring the world closer but there are more divides than ever. Back to the thread please❤
That’s fair but I think when someone like Mel, with her influence, claims with such confidence that covid measures are wrong or dangerous but yet can’t offer up a single better, workable alternative, other than - just let me do whatever I want while others deal with the fallout or are suffering - it is worthy of criticism. The same as any other topic, which often includes divisive or political elements (NI, housing crisis), that posters here have called her out on for speaking about in an uninformed way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can we all just agree that, with or without Covid, Melanie is an absolute potato. Hopefully Barra knocks off her wifi for a few hours

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sure Melanie should just suggest classrooms take place in planes with their excellent air filtration system (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes there is no need to talk about any Covid or Government Guidelines in particular here.
However, I hope we can talk about Melanie's Instagram posts specifically and Covid chat started because of Melanie's content. All of us questioning /exploring the information she is spreading as fact is very important since the words 'in my opinion' are frequently missing! I'm glad that none of us appear to have been taken in by her assurances of her thorough research...the key problem is how she extrapolates, stretches and twists the scientific fact she is reading to fit her narrative of warped ideas.

However, I do also think that with the responsibilities she has as an influencer, she should be more restrained in how often she shares very strong opinions on topics that have nothing to do with her and don't even effect her:

!

I feel exactly the same way regarding how irrelevant and unqualified Melanie is to be spouting her angry opinions about covid management in schools, potentially reaching thousands of followers and getting them wound up! But to be clear, I'm not suggesting she should be less genuine+ transparent; just quieter!

My colleague has a 3-4year old at playgroup (now nursery a year on) and by last Dec 2020 there were two children in his class of 25 who lost a previously healthy parent. Yes, this topic is grim and this thread is not the place for doom and gloom and catastrophising, but Melanie keeps inserting herself into the discussion. but Melanie has no experience of a kid at nursery and just how frequently they share colds and catch new ones and, while building THEIR immunity is important and kids aren't being badly effected by severe covid infections, when they take it home and share it round everyone who hugs them- there's real trouble.
My colleague introduced a dinosaur mask for her kid slowly for increasing lengths of time and while doing different activities so it wasn't scary and within a week he was happy to wear it anytime he was not eating/snacking and was engaged in some activity/occupied.
It is not 'child abuse' and that is certainly a problematic choice of terminology! Instead it is lazy parents who don't know how to parent and teach their brats that life is an endless series of compulsory actions and behaviours you have no choice but to comply with.
Mel definitely should try to go to childrens a&e and see how it goes for her and how she would talk about healthcare staff when her child needs it. Her son is only a baby and a lot of things are still ahead of her.
The expert from the attic that gives her opinion on everything without experiencing the things.
She was preaching about how women should give birth before she did it herself. No common sense whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

!

Parents are angry because they know it’s more laziness on the governments part who refuse to spend money on making schools safe - easier to pass the responsibility onto parents and make scapegoats of kids who can’t advocate for themselves.

Parents are angry because they know it’s more laziness on the governments part who refuse to spend money on making schools safe - easier to pass the responsibility onto parents and make scapegoats of kids who can’t advocate for themselves.
you mean make schools safer for staff and children with illnesses/ family members who are high risk by asking children 7 and over to wear a piece of fabric on their face?

My son has to grow up without a dad because of covid. As much of a prick as he was when he was alive my son adored him. He didn’t think it was anything to worry about and I was being irrational - even though I was the doctor in the house not him. If it means one child doesn’t lose a parent personally I’d send my 1 year old to Creche in a hazmat suit.

can we get back to melanie now?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
And here she goes again pretending that being a mum has turned her into a massive empath, bore off mate you’re still a twit.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.