Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girlie really watched and ENJOYED a movie based on a nsfw FANFIC for 13 year olds? Liked it enough to share it on her social media??? Suddenly very glad I've never tried to read any of her books

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This came up in my suggested feed. Haha the fake voice. She was imitating anna saccone who also had an eating disorder and covered it up like oh lol I'm losing so much weight but I am just keeping up *healthy habits*

Edit: okay I'm into a rabbit hole now with the fake voices so she is hamming up the Oirish voice now but used to put on an American voice whyyyyyyyyyyy she's a mad sausage

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I'm still of the opinion that a year after having the baby and breastfeeding for a year, someone with her frame to start with shouldn't have much trouble getting back to pre pregnancy body weight minus boob weight if still producing milk. It is far more shape and skin changes than fundamental weight changes that people associate with a post baby body, especially if there is an umbilical hernia when the abs separate. she is cliché in that sense.

Reactions: 4
She has no personality of her own. Thomas is vegan so Melanie just echoes his opinions. It’s such an unhealthy behavior in a marriage to lose your personality like that. You can have different lifestyles and still be married/in love. I feel like Thomas is very judgmental and pretentious. Even Melanie has mentioned it numerous times how Thomas likes her when she is not drunk or on her periods. Melanie is problematic sure but Thomas is the manipulative one in this marriage. So many red flags! Especially during Covid, you can see him pushing Melanie to vlog about things related to him and putting her down for not doing the job properly and highlighting her problematic behavior. Maybe Melanie thrives on a victim mentality and having a savior is her fantasy because Thomas certainly thinks he is a saint. I recently finished watching latest season of You and that influencer couple is ditto them 😂

Reactions: 5
She has no personality of her own. Thomas is vegan so Melanie just echoes his opinions. It’s such an unhealthy behavior in a marriage to lose your personality like that. You can have different lifestyles and still be married/in love. I feel like Thomas is very judgmental and pretentious. Even Melanie has mentioned it numerous times how Thomas likes her when she is not drunk or on her periods. Melanie is problematic sure but Thomas is the manipulative one in this marriage. So many red flags! Especially during Covid, you can see him pushing Melanie to vlog about things related to him and putting her down for not doing the job properly and highlighting her problematic behavior. Maybe Melanie thrives on a victim mentality and having a savior is her fantasy because Thomas certainly thinks he is a saint. I recently finished watching latest season of You and that influencer couple is ditto them 😂
When has Thomas highlighted her problematic behaviour? Genuinely just curious

Again another story about breastfeeding a toddler.
She quotes the who that recommends BF for 2 years, of course what she does not understand is that the W in WHO stands for World. Brestfeeding is encouraged as a world guideline because women in unprivileged areas cannot really bottle feed their children: formula is expensive and sanitation of the bottle and water necessary to the preparation is impossible.
So, the who recommends breastfeeding for 2 year as a blanket recommendation for the whole globe where bottle feeding is not an option for many households.

Of course you would imagine that a housewife in skerries with a six figure income has acces to formula and sterilization devices, but no she wants to compare herself to women in rural Africa and be a martyr about breastfeeding a toddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Again another story about breastfeeding a toddler.
She quotes the who that recommends BF for 2 years, of course what she does not understand is that the W in WHO stands for World. Brestfeeding is encouraged as a world guideline because women in unprivileged areas cannot really bottle feed their children: formula is expensive and sanitation of the bottle and water necessary to the preparation is impossible.
So, the who recommends breastfeeding for 2 year as a blanket recommendation for the whole globe where bottle feeding is not an option for many households.

Of course you would imagine that a housewife in skerries with a six figure income has acces to formula and sterilization devices, but no she wants to compare herself to women in rural Africa and be a martyr about breastfeeding a toddler.
Exactly. Everything is WHO this and Google that. The internet is her only source of information. Problem is she isn't smart enough to decipher what she reads and cherry picks for confirmation bias. It's actually scary. Beavis is no better for enabling.

She never mentions recommendations by real people like doctors and nurses unless it's to give out about them. Even family members get shat on. The only comments she's made about her MIL is that she's (a) a hairdresser and (b) doesn't "overstep the mark" when it comes to her own grandchild whatever that means. Her own family get passive aggressive stories written about them butting in and questioning her.

Real people are no good to her as they don't bow to her constant need for martydom or victimhood depending on her mood that day.

She's a prime example of the dangers of the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Exactly. Everything is WHO this and Google that. The internet is her only source of information. Problem is she isn't smart enough to decipher what she reads and cherry picks for confirmation bias. It's actually scary. Beavis is no better for enabling.

She never mentions recommendations by real people like doctors and nurses unless it's to give out about them. Even family members get shat on. The only comments she's made about her MIL is that she's (a) a hairdresser and (b) doesn't "overstep the mark" when it comes to her own grandchild whatever that means. Her own family get passive aggressive stories written about them butting in and questioning her.

Real people are no good to her as they don't bow to her constant need for martydom or victimhood depending on her mood that day.

She's a prime example of the dangers of the internet.
She isn't an isolated case. I know people from school who are generally lovely people, but barely passed LC science are suddenly experts in vaccines, germ spreading and "common sense". It's both maddening and fascinating at the same time.

I'd say she's a horror to anyone she thinks is out of her wage bracket though. She gives off massive Karen energy. Especially since they're in the process of buying a house, there'll be no stopping the ego.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She isn't an isolated case. I know people from school who are generally lovely people, but barely passed LC science are suddenly experts in vaccines, germ spreading and "common sense". It's both maddening and fascinating at the same time.

I'd say she's a horror to anyone she thinks is out of her wage bracket though. She gives off massive Karen energy. Especially since they're in the process of buying a house, there'll be no stopping the ego.
Oh I know, I've unfollowed a few friends from school for the same reasons. It's incredibly maddening. Scary, scary stuff.

HUGE Karen vibes!! Since the baby she's turned full on crazy Facebook mom. I'd say she's an absolute weapon to anyone she finds 'threatening' ie smart / accomplished / attractive people. Especially women if her internalized sexism is anything to go by.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
WHO also recommends the Covid vaccine for pregnant and breastfeeding individuals. Funnily enough Mel never posts about that......

• Heart
Reactions: 29
WHO also recommends the Covid vaccine for pregnant and breastfeeding individuals. Funnily enough Mel never posts about that......
Its all "needing to do further research" when her view goes against WHO, but as soon as WHO agrees that's all she needs to say... no research necessary

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Such an important conversation around mel cherry picking WHO guidelines to suit her and being an indignant/insufferable wee witch so I've nothing to add that hasn't been said.

But WHERE is she going in the spacebuns. Nobody in that house likes her, I'm convinced now.Anyone worth their salt in that house would've told her it's not a look.

She tries very very hard to have quirky outfits but she looks dire and scruffy.
Spacebuns with a preppy outfit? Really? In what world does that look good/make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jumping on the back of what @Dearreader is saying. Yes, she looks like a character from balamory but why can’t she do that every day? Says who? Who is putting these rules on her as to what a mother does or doesn’t look like? A pinafore and a jumper doesn’t take hours of planning, just lay it out the night before.

Her head must be an awful place to be.

Jumping on the back of what @Dearreader is saying. Yes, she looks like a character from balamory but why can’t she do that every day? Says who? Who is putting these rules on her as to what a mother does or doesn’t look like? A pinafore and a jumper doesn’t take hours of planning, just lay it out the night before.

Her head must be an awful place to be.

Too much time twiddling her thumbs at home, trying to come up with ways that prove how she's concurring motherhood.

Shucks goise usually I'm in dirty PJs but look at me putting on clothes. Praise me.

As you said most mothers know to set clothes out the night before? Most people- not just mothers do that for work. She even says in a comment she mostly lives in dirty clothes picked up from the floor. None of my friends with kids Mel's son age do that? Yeah, fair enough as a newborn.... because there really is an awful adjustment period and the lack of sleep is shocking but with a one-year old?

AND

Her husband's still home helping but she can't manage clean trousers? The resentment from Thomas when he starts working away, long haul flights and coming home to a pig stye...the tension will be palpable.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She even says in a comment she mostly lives in dirty clothes picked up from the floor.
That made me feel a bit sick actually. She’s a 32 year old person! I know it’s individual to everyone and when you’re depressed you cannot see the wood from the trees so clothes from the floor work sometimes. But not all the time! It’s the one thing I actually do every day is put a wash on, you have to especially with a 1 year old. What the duck are they at? I dread to think what their house is going to look like..

That made me feel a bit sick actually. She’s a 32 year old person! I know it’s individual to everyone and when you’re depressed you cannot see the wood from the trees so clothes from the floor work sometimes. But not all the time! It’s the one thing I actually do every day is put a wash on, you have to especially with a 1 year old. What the duck are they at? I dread to think what their house is going to look like..
I would just assume Melanie as a 32 year old adult with a husband at home full time they would at least have some kind of routine established. One where a wash is done as part of a couples daily routine?

Even their dinner is the same every week- vegan goodfellas pizza, pesto, Amy's Kitchen.

Two people at home 24 hrs a day. Convenience meals and wearing dirty clothes from the floor?Nah that's not normal behaviour for two adults at home. It's makes me wonder how true all these happiest I've ever been posts are. They both seem like they are overwhelmed.

• Heart
What are “my-next-novel” vibes? Anyone care to help us decipher that?

She’s the ultimate pick me girl. My gawd.
"My next novel vibes, for sure...so much nature magic"

Nature magic? Is she talking about a jumper? How she ever landed a book deal is beyond me. Her 'writing' comes across like mad libs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.