Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
She has no personality of her own. Thomas is vegan so Melanie just echoes his opinions. It’s such an unhealthy behavior in a marriage to lose your personality like that. You can have different lifestyles and still be married/in love. I feel like Thomas is very judgmental and pretentious. Even Melanie has mentioned it numerous times how Thomas likes her when she is not drunk or on her periods. Melanie is problematic sure but Thomas is the manipulative one in this marriage. So many red flags! Especially during Covid, you can see him pushing Melanie to vlog about things related to him and putting her down for not doing the job properly and highlighting her problematic behavior. Maybe Melanie thrives on a victim mentality and having a savior is her fantasy because Thomas certainly thinks he is a saint. I recently finished watching latest season of You and that influencer couple is ditto them 😂
When has Thomas highlighted her problematic behaviour? Genuinely just curious

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
Here she goes again using ‘mental health’ as a cover to bash covid restrictions. Do these people not realise they are doing the exact same thing they accuse the media of - fear mongering a mental health crisis with no data to back up the claim. I have no doubt restrictions have been tough on everyone, I’m tired of them too but to spout out this nonsense, feigning concern for people while conveniently ignoring the 500 people sick with covid in hospital right now and the medical staff looking after them, just disgusts me. Just be honest and stop pretending you care about people’s health.
But to be fair when pre-covid did we put a stop to life because of a few hundred people in hospital? HSE is never not under pressure in this country. Media hysteria IS gone beyond at this stage.

Anyone who says kids wearing a mask to school is child abuse have a very slim idea of what constitutes child abuse and has had a very easy life.

I said what I said 😂
Whataboutery still doesn’t make it right.

Last edited:
Melanie has some fucking gall.
1. The ability to not buy from fast fashion brands is a privaledge - Some people cannot afford to buy 10 solid sustainably bought pieces they can reuse time and time again. I for one, simply cannot fit in sustainable clothing, I'm plus sized.
2. Not being able to eat certian foods because of IBS isn't ableism.
3. A disabled person asking a family member/'pal' to peel an orange for them is fucking dehumanising - if she was on about able bodied people buying peeled oranges then she might have a point, but she's not. It's not as if disabled people are paying more for peeled oranges for the shits and giggles? (Has anyone here ever actually seen a pre-peeled orange? Can't say I've ever seen one)
If you are interested in sustainable plus size clothing I recommend @whatlydiamade on Instagram, in case you don’t know her yet. She has quite a special style though, but maybe all those companies she features have more basic stuff as well, if you’re not into pattern or bright colours.

Goopsun

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/balcunnin-skerries-co-dublin/4536590

Smaller, cheaper asking that the one she posted. Looks to have an elderly person living there from the bathroom, land for vegetable growing and an attached kind of granny flat. Sale agreed recently. Very close to skerries? Very much along the lines of what she was posting.

It’s really beautiful. Woman’s a nob but that’s a beautiful house.View attachment 901358
Do you know the asking price?

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
Yes there is no need to talk about any Covid or Government Guidelines in particular here.
However, I hope we can talk about Melanie's Instagram posts specifically and Covid chat started because of Melanie's content. All of us questioning /exploring the information she is spreading as fact is very important since the words 'in my opinion' are frequently missing! I'm glad that none of us appear to have been taken in by her assurances of her thorough research...the key problem is how she extrapolates, stretches and twists the scientific fact she is reading to fit her narrative of warped ideas.

However, I do also think that with the responsibilities she has as an influencer, she should be more restrained in how often she shares very strong opinions on topics that have nothing to do with her and don't even effect her:

!

I feel exactly the same way regarding how irrelevant and unqualified Melanie is to be spouting her angry opinions about covid management in schools, potentially reaching thousands of followers and getting them wound up! But to be clear, I'm not suggesting she should be less genuine+ transparent; just quieter!

My colleague has a 3-4year old at playgroup (now nursery a year on) and by last Dec 2020 there were two children in his class of 25 who lost a previously healthy parent. Yes, this topic is grim and this thread is not the place for doom and gloom and catastrophising, but Melanie keeps inserting herself into the discussion. but Melanie has no experience of a kid at nursery and just how frequently they share colds and catch new ones and, while building THEIR immunity is important and kids aren't being badly effected by severe covid infections, when they take it home and share it round everyone who hugs them- there's real trouble.
My colleague introduced a dinosaur mask for her kid slowly for increasing lengths of time and while doing different activities so it wasn't scary and within a week he was happy to wear it anytime he was not eating/snacking and was engaged in some activity/occupied.
It is not 'child abuse' and that is certainly a problematic choice of terminology! Instead it is lazy parents who don't know how to parent and teach their brats that life is an endless series of compulsory actions and behaviours you have no choice but to comply with.
Parents are angry because they know it’s more laziness on the governments part who refuse to spend money on making schools safe - easier to pass the responsibility onto parents and make scapegoats of kids who can’t advocate for themselves.

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
dans sister is much more established on YT and by doing music, she hasn’t even posted anything about it and she’s going to be the kids auntie!

whats the opposite of a grief thief? That’s what she’s being 😂
I only fully realised they were related when Hannah got married - I'd heard there was some relation somewhere a while back, but didn't fully realise until it was either Hannah or Bethan that actually posted about the wedding.