Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Im surprised anyone would actually care enough now to attend they’ve been married for well over a year now. No one cares at this point to attend a party for a wedding 2 years after you’ve been married. They probably could have gotten a good bit of money back if not all the money. I know she’s said they couldn’t get their money back which tbh I don't believe her because I know many people have had weddings cancelled over the last year or so and where able to get all if not most of the money back
I was fortunate to get the full deposit back from our venue for our cancelled 2020 wedding but I’ve heard mixed stories. I’ve heard of venues refusing to give refunds but honouring a change of date. So they could well be out of money.

We’ve toyed with the idea of doing a party a year later to mark it but it definitely wouldn’t be 4 days. That’s just too much money and energy for guests. Then again, if they’re stuck they might as well go ahead 💁‍♀️

Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
Love how she says " caught whatever he has" so by this she didn't bring him to get checked or at least rule out covid before staying in a hotel with symptoms herself.
She said she’d taken him to get his vaccinations a few days ago they wouldn’t have given them if he was ill so it must’ve been before that they were ill and he’d recovered?

• Heart

whataboutit

She said somewhere earlier that the bank hasn't even done the valuation yet. She's weeks away from sale agreed. Just annoys me she sells herself as a guru of everything she has little or no experience in but is just so full of WRONG information!
Sale agreed is actually the right term for where they are at in the buying process. It just means your offer has been accepted.

HaveSomeMilk

Chatty Member
most deodorants & antiperspirants make me sweat twice as much :/ It's a real pain actually trying to find anything that is comfortable to wear. Only thing that doesn't make me sweat that i've tried is the stuff you can get prescribed by the Dr's but I hate the way it feels on.

BlueberryBlues

Anna Edit makes 500k pounds a year.
Melanie could make a quarter of that on the years she got her book deals. Obviously ridiculous amount of money which is much harder to make in many other lines of work, but the world is unfair and a moron like Mel could make a lot of money.

BlueberryBlues

So she said in the video that owners are still living in the house they are buying, the one referenced above is not currently occupied according to the description. But she did say the house requires renovation and the especially the bathrooms.
This one has a few things added to it and has a front and back garden

Talensandtruths

It's mad how that section is pretty much word for word what's in Anna's video. And it's clear from Anna's video that she was really going through it at the time. Feels like she should somehow be referenced in the book to say thanks, or should have been asked. That video was designed for people who had emailed Anna asking about committing suicide, and to tell people how their suicide impacts everyone around them, not for some youtuber to go and swipe it for a paragraph in her non fiction novel. Jeez show some respect Mel!
Anna who? ☺

i think some people deserve good money. To be a good hairdresser you need actual skill and if you can make a business out of it you absolutely should. It’s ridiculous the money influencers get for holding a product at the camera and saying “this is nice” and nothing else.
Oh yes deffo, some influencers/creators put loads of effort into their content and others are offering genuinely helpful advice, info, all sorts. Just so crazy to me how much money people can earn from it!

Her reply was nonsensical! But to be fair- so was the commenter... But now I think about it, she is so lacking in personality so maybe hers COULD be summed up by one facial expression. Melanies list of personality traits and interests were just her being a Billy Bullsh!tter!

I want to briefly say again that while I believe breastfeeding is perfectly natural and non sexual for online content, I do have a problem with HER breast content. Not just because of the judgemental and patronising manner with which she talks about those who don't breastfeed and misinformation about the subpar quality of formula causing illness... but because of the exposure of her son which is a contradiction/ hypocritical stance to all she says about maintaining Pans privacy. You may not see his face online but there is HOURs of footage of him being breastfed by his mammy beyond the age of one on YouTube! How awfully embarrassing that will be as a kid among his friends! There is no need to keep showing it on camera and she seems to choose to film while she breastfeeds rather than Pan wanting it when she coincidentally is filming.
It is this 'contrived' breastfeeding in videos that bothers me so much because of the martyrdom portrayal.
Am I overreacting?

I feel like she is almost vegan-preaching level with her breastfeeding, like she thinks it's part of her identity. No one gives a monkeys what her kid is eating.

Anyone else feel like That pic of Jessie and her guy with an erection is completely inappropriate and kind of rank for someone doing social media as a job? That is something you may post on private account.
Wait so you’d find it appropriate to see such a pic of your mates and relatives? I most definitely don’t. That’s really something I don’t want to see from anyone in the whole wide world.

Luvdagoss

What's up with Jess does anyone know ? Typical Mel only shares her sisters story when she's miserable/ going through something. I assume she'll be inviting her baby sis up to spend Christmas together so ?!

Daisymai

it annoys me that her son walks about with the poppers in his vest undone and hanging around his legs. Why?!

I completely understand that! You obviously do what's best for your baby and I'm sure you're a great mama 😊 it's just funny how I see so many influencers promoting natural deodorants when they don't really work 😂
I meant Mel with stay at home-mom. I have quite a stressful job in which I run around quite a lot, so maybe Wild wouldn’t be the one for me. That’s what I wanted to say.

As a scientist working on climate change, I thought that much of Don't Look Up had an eerily familiar ring to it and was actually hilarious in places, but I did not enjoy the movie very much. But I also did not hate it. I might watch it again at some point; a friend liked it better the second time round. But I also am not Mel. Phew.

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
As a new mom I am following many momfluencers, I have to say Melanie did not fall into my radar fortunately for me, I agree with the analysis someone made before, she wants to put herself in hard situations just ti attach importance to herself and at the same time complain about how hard is life.
There is a cool us influencer called brittany balyn, she has a daughter that is a couple months older than pan, she is still breastfeeding (weaning phase) yet she does not sound martyr as our irish friend here. She is also a single mum, the baby daddy is taking care of the baby like one day a week, and she has no family close to her, I think she mentioned it was a 2 hour drive.

In all this she never mentioned the reason of her divorce or used it for views and drama, she makes at least one video a week, alone, with no help and a toddler, she practised baby led weaning which imho is super hard and succeeded beautifully.

Sorry for the rant about this othet person but can you imagine melanie in this situation? Single, no family, publishing regular content and not idolizing her own boobs?
I love Brittany! I’m a new mum too and have loved watching her content!

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
The media doesn’t set the restrictions, it’s reporting on the news. I can’t comment on all media, but I follow the common Irish ones that Mel would probably know (RTÉ, Irish times) I would not class it as hysteric. Sure, it’s tiring to keep hearing about covid but it is an ongoing issue and the public should be kept informed. Someone can not like the restrictions the government set, that’s their opinion, but unless that person works on the front line they may not be fully informed to decide what is or isn’t overwhelming for the hospitals. I don’t know what it’s like to work as a nurse/doctor in a hospital right now, I don’t know how on the brink they are so I’m not going to go on the internet and essentially say they should just get on with it so that I can go to a night club.
And honestly talking about hysteria when you’re the one saying we’re putting a ‘stop to life’, that is such an exaggeration for the current restrictions Mel is complaining about.
Look there’s no getting away from Covid, but it’s become a bit of a cult in Ireland over the last 2 years - I’ve been in a few different places abroad since and they just get on with things, but our HSE management is so shite they can’t handle it and prefer to blame the public and treat us like unruly kids even tho we all do our bit. Many are sick of it now and why wouldn’t they be, we’re not paid hundred of thousands like nphet, media and government who’re actually benefiting from this virtue signalling bullshit.