Melanie Murphy #13 Madame Bovary and her gammy ovary, PCOS or FOS?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness it’s not mels fault or my fault that we grew up in Dublin and not Afghanistan. I didn’t chose to be white the same why you didn’t chose not to be. This white privilege crap is bullshit in my view its is just a tactic brought out to divide people even more. I may be white but I had a crappy mother and I have mental health issues. Someone could be black with a fantastic family and great mental health. Just make the most of the lot you are given. We all aren’t starting off with an equal deck of cards be you white, black ,orange ,yellow, green whatever . Some people have it better some don’t. I’m so sick and tired of hearing I have some kind of privilege because of my skin colour. It’s down right racist if you ask me. But white props aren’t allowed to pull that card. Just for clarification by the way I’m not saying what’s happening to the people in Afghanistan isn’t terribly unjust either, it’s just just dreadful what’s happening.
I rarely comment on here but I’m actually mortified for you that you feel okay writing those uneducated sentiments down for people to see even if you are anonymous on a gossip forum. You clearly have access to the internet, Google is free to use, there is literally no excuse for this level of ignorance any more.

I’m sorry that you’ve had a tough time of it, but you haven’t had a tough time of it because of your white skin.

Postpartum depression is not feeling a bit sensitive, or being a little hormonal, or crying at a famously sad movie, or the thought of your baby growing up and time slipping through your fingers.

It’s hiding behind the couch with the lights off when a concerned neighbour comes to check on you because you cannot bear the thought of interaction, it’s only showering so that you have a place to cry where your family can’t see you, it’s not getting dressed for days on end because you haven’t got the energy to do anything but exist or survive.

I don’t doubt that she isn’t well, but this is deranged. Christ.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
In fairness it’s not mels fault or my fault that we grew up in Dublin and not Afghanistan. I didn’t chose to be white the same why you didn’t chose not to be. This white privilege crap is bullshit in my view its is just a tactic brought out to divide people even more. I may be white but I had a crappy mother and I have mental health issues. Someone could be black with a fantastic family and great mental health. Just make the most of the lot you are given. We all aren’t starting off with an equal deck of cards be you white, black ,orange ,yellow, green whatever . Some people have it better some don’t. I’m so sick and tired of hearing I have some kind of privilege because of my skin colour. It’s down right racist if you ask me. But white props aren’t allowed to pull that card. Just for clarification by the way I’m not saying what’s happening to the people in Afghanistan isn’t terribly unjust either, it’s just just dreadful what’s happening.

You’re not gonna like this but: your post reeks of white privilege. You use the age old weak argument of: “I don’t have white privilege cos I had a hard life, wah wah” - and it just shows you don’t get it and again it becomes about you, the white person and your white fragility. Sorry you have had a rough life but we’re not talking about that. As Mystery said: “White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard, it means your skin colour isn't one of the things making it harder.” - so when we bring up white privilege we’re not saying white people don’t have struggles or whatever, we’re saying they don’t have to struggle with being white and it’s a fact.

Sorry, you’re not a victim of racism. Sure, you’ve had a tough life, okay, but it’s not about you and it’s not the point.

And how dare you discuss Afghanistan like that at the tail end of your post. Shameful.

You’re sick of the white privilege conversation? I’m sick of it too because it’s hijacked by fragile white people like you who derail the conversation . Stop with the whole we’re all one race. Melanie has white privilege and is racist too, and silences POC. Enough

Anyways, we’re talking about PND, not race. Stop detailing because you wanted to moan about your life.

Your username is also super telling…. Okay, you don’t like the world woke, and you’re awake. Cool.

I rarely comment on here but I’m actually mortified for you that you feel okay writing those uneducated sentiments down for people to see even if you are anonymous on a gossip forum. You clearly have access to the internet, Google is free to use, there is literally no excuse for this level of ignorance any more.

I’m sorry that you’ve had a tough time of it, but you haven’t had a tough time of it because of your white skin.

Postpartum depression is not feeling a bit sensitive, or being a little hormonal, or crying at a famously sad movie, or the thought of your baby growing up and time slipping through your fingers.

It’s hiding behind the couch with the lights off when a concerned neighbour comes to check on you because you cannot bear the thought of interaction, it’s only showering so that you have a place to cry where your family can’t see you, it’s not getting dressed for days on end because you haven’t got the energy to do anything but exist or survive.

I don’t doubt that she isn’t well, but this is deranged. Christ.
This! This! Anonymous or not, people still can’t help being ignorant and being victims. Embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Anothe
You’re not gonna like this but: your post reeks of white privilege. You use the age old weak argument of: “I don’t have white privilege cos I had a hard life, wah wah” - and it just shows you don’t get it and again it becomes about you, the white person and your white fragility. Sorry you have had a rough life but we’re not talking about that. As Mystery said: “White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard, it means your skin colour isn't one of the things making it harder.” - so when we bring up white privilege we’re not saying white people don’t have struggles or whatever, we’re saying they don’t have to struggle with being white and it’s a fact.

Sorry, you’re not a victim of racism. Sure, you’ve had a tough life, okay, but it’s not about you and it’s not the point.

And how dare you discuss Afghanistan like that at the tail end of your post. Shameful.

You’re sick of the white privilege conversation? I’m sick of it too because it’s hijacked by fragile white people like you who derail the conversation . Stop with the whole we’re all one race. Melanie has white privilege and is racist too, and silences POC. Enough

Anyways, we’re talking about PND, not race. Stop detailing because you wanted to moan about your life.

Your username is also super telling…. Okay, you don’t like the world woke, and you’re awake. Cool.

This! This! Anonymous or not, people still can’t help being ignorant and being victims. Embarrassing.
Another woke quite “white fragility” give me a break please. This isn’t a social justice site. Stop being racist towards me because I’m white. I’m not racist towards anyone but it does NOT give you the permission to speak to me like that because I’m white.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This is the first time I utter the words "I'd rather listen people talk about melaniiiiiiiie"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Anothe

Another woke quite “white fragility” give me a break please. This isn’t a social justice site. Stop being racist towards me because I’m white. I’m not racist towards anyone but it does NOT give you the permission to speak to me like that because I’m white.

If you hate black people so much stop appropriating words like woke, you even have it in your username. Embarrassed for you. Stop talking, this is a thread about melanie, if you want to be a wanker about race go on reddit or 4chan. Bye bye, now, done engaging your, hope no one else.

This is the first time I utter the words "I'd rather listen people talk about melaniiiiiiiie"
Yes please! Moving on… back to Melanie faking PND.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe a little read into the history books about imperialism, colonialism, color discrimination and violence because of color would do you some good. I didn’t write that to gain any kind of sympathy. I’ve been born into a fairly privileged brown family and I recognize that privilege. You don’t have to take it personally everytime a white person is asked to check their privilege. I don’t take it personally if a brown person is subjected to stereotypes. I try to understand where its coming from and engage in a productive conversation if I can.
This is in no way a political platform so I’ll leave it at that. I am sorry you have your share of mental health issues. But please don’t be the reason that any POC feels too intimidated not to talk about injustices they’ve been subjected to for years. Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lol, someone here has the same amount of critical thinking as Melanie.

Anyways, I think it's funny how Melanie doesn't want people to talk about vaccinations because she wants her page to be a place where people don't have to think about outside news, but then goes on and on about how millenials and gen z will never be able to own a house.

It was mentioned earlier, but I think it's better that Melanie doesn't post much about Afghanistan bc obviously she doesn't know anything about the situation. I don't think white influencers in general should try to be the spokesperson for all these different issues concerning poc. The right way is to direct their audience to people who actually have nuance about and understand the situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Lol, someone here has the same amount of critical thinking as Melanie.

Anyways, I think it's funny how Melanie doesn't want people to talk about vaccinations because she wants her page to be a place where people don't have to think about outside news, but then goes on and on about how millenials and gen z will never be able to own a house.

It was mentioned earlier, but I think it's better that Melanie doesn't post much about Afghanistan bc obviously she doesn't know anything about the situation. I don't think white influencers in general should try to be the spokesperson for all these different issues concerning poc. The right way is to direct their audience to people who actually have nuance about and understand the situation.
I agree. It needs to be highlighted and spoken about, but not by Melanie gobshite Murphy 🤦‍♀️😂 personally, issue wise, I find it shocking she didn't speak about the mother and baby homes. As a mother, she had a more emotional response to a dairy cow 🙃 says it all really. Unless she can spin something to make her look amazing (aren't I great giving up dairy/fundraising for pats on the back etc) she has zero interest. At least she's consistent in her transparency if nothing else 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Screenshot_20210909-143918.png

What an escape from reality and the news she is. "Research" for what? Researching the situation in Australia? Why doesn't she mention that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
"Escape from reality" unless it reinforces her worldview in terms of anti-lockdown or affects her directly a la Aer Lingus

Reactions: 15
Jen Hatton, an instagram comedian based in Dublin, got mortgage approval yesterday. She works in a pharmacy, I don't know what her fiance works as (deffo not a pilot) but I find it hilarious how these two women, who both have young sons, are so drastically different. Jen and her fiance moved back into their respective parent's houses to save, and less than two years later they have gotten mortgage approval. Yet again, they haven't bought a car on finance in those two years, or planned a huge wedding, or gotten a hair transplant...
Never did I once hear Jen imply that she deserved a house more than other people, she works her a*s off to get what she gets. Mel on the other hand wouldn't get out of her own way and wouldn't know actual work if it bit her on the arse

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I reckon Mel is quietly seething that Hazel Hayes’ new book is getting such high praise and exposure - this is on your one from Little Mix’s story.
😂😂😂

Last time hazel's book was praised by David Nicholls and Aisling bea and within minutes, Mel went full green eyed monster posting a heap of reviews raving about if only.... expecting the same behaviour any minute now 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
😂😂😂

Last time hazel's book was praised by David Nicholls and Aisling bea and within minutes, Mel went full green eyed monster posting a heap of reviews raving about if only.... expecting the same behaviour any minute now 😂
Wow that's so rude and trashy...I'm not a huge fan of Hazel but good for her. Is Mel still bitter about the whole thing with that guy Jack?

Reactions: 4
Wow that's so rude and trashy...I'm not a huge fan of Hazel but good for her. Is Mel still bitter about the whole thing with that guy Jack?
I get the vibe she's salty about it still and they both pretend to be pally online. I remember one time Milo posting under a photo on IG of Jack and hazel asking if they were back together 😂

ETA - SS. Photo is from 2018 🙃
20210909_183402.jpg
20210909_183239.jpg
20210909_183318.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Long time reader of these threads. First time commenter! I’ve watched Mel since her YouTube days and being from Skerries myself, the same age as her and an actual qualified teacher - the number of times I have literally screamed in rage over the years was many.

She talks about Skerries and calls it a ‘village’, takes pictures of the one thatched roof in the town and acts like she’s some sort of fairy in the magic countryside for her American viewers. It’s literally a town with over 10,000 people! It’s nothing different than any other town in north Dublin and her snobbery has been embarrassing to watch - you’d swear she grew up there too the way she goes on. She didn’t!

I’m the same age as her, I don’t know a single person who knows her from Skerries. I’ve seen her out twice when I’m home for Christmas and the only people I’ve ever seen her with was Thomas and Thomas’ friends and their girlfriends (some of who I would know to see). Looking quite formal, not very much friendship craic going on.

Another thing that has also annoyed me over the years was her claim of being a teacher. She did the Early Education course in DCU- something that under no circumstances means you are a teacher. It’s a fantastic course and I know loads of people who used it as a course to do before getting a teaching degree. But nope, not a teaching degree so not a ‘qualified teacher’ which I literally remember her claiming in videos numerous times.

The housing issue- Jesus wouldn’t we all love to be able to afford a bloody house! 🙄 no one is more deserving than anyone else!
As someone said in a previous post she has done a full 180 from the modern feminist in her prime YouTube days to the Marriage + babies + house = life complete.

Sorry for the long one 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
They obviously didn't get their woeful offer accepted as it's now radio silence on the housing search, SUCH A SHOCKER 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They obviously didn't get their woeful offer accepted as it's now radio silence on the housing search, SUCH A SHOCKER 😂😂😂
Don't speak too soon, she'll be on tomorrow saying they were celebrating as all the manifesting worked and they've gotten a 6 bed with loads of land right in the middle of Skerries....and I'll flip tables I swear 🤬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.