Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came out of my Mel-coma to say you’re welcome Melanie, I was one of those giving you the idea of Thomas commuting to the UK instead of hauling your family over there.

On another note...I don’t really understand what they want. I think she values stability and that’s perfectly okay and normal. But everyone I know in the aviation field, from the ticket agents to flight attendants to pilots, are in the field partly because they love the instability and travel and get a rush from it all. I get that you get older and tend to value family and home a lot more, and pilots who have been flying for 10+ years are able to have more choice in their flights and schedules - however, the whole career is a lifestyle, not just a job.

This is coming from someone who worked at an airport for a short bit many many years ago, and has friends still in the field. A lot of people aren’t in it for the pay or the work that you do, but for the benefit of seeing the world. It’s hard to do if what you want is a nice, stable family in the suburbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Maybe this is a dumb question. But would Thomas actually be exempt from quarantine restrictions on travelers coming into Ireland when he commutes from Manchester?
I think that as an airline worker he might be spared certain restrictions when traveling into the UK, but would he not have to quarantine every time he travels from Manchester to Ireland? At least under current restrictions. But maybe I got it wrong.

Reactions: 6
It’s telling that Thomas holds all the cards in this relationship. He’s the breadwinner (despite Mel always putting him down regarding his debt).
They live in his house, in his attic. It’s almost like he’s keeping Melanie hostage there and asking her to pop out babies while he flies around the world.
Once again it demonstrates that Melanie has become incredibly boring since meeting him. She’s no longer an independent lifestyle vlogger, she’s sacrificed any bright career prospects she may have had by throwing it all aside to raise his children in his parents attic.

Reactions: 14
Will be odd seeing Mel deal with parenting while Thomas is in the UK. Bet she won't be keeping the in laws at bay anymore!! It always seems to be Thomas taking the baby for a walk or both of them. I don't think she has even left the house alone with baby? She would have definitely made a meal of showing it if so

Reactions: 8
I honestly can't see how Thomas commuting between flights would work for them? I know long haul pilots and they say it takes a few days to adjust to the time zones when you're changing so often. So when you add in having to commute to and from Ireland because your wife won't move, it sounds like a recipe for disaster? I honestly think it would be best for her to get out of Skerries for a bit and see the world outside of Ireland whilst the child is young, then they could always move back once the world has gotten back to normal. But that wouldn't fit into Mel's anti lockdown agenda would it as England would almost be out of all restrictions by the time they move? Then what would she complain about??

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Screenshot_20210503-075350__01.jpg

I've never met someone who sees themselves so UNCLEAR!! I don't even know Mel, and she's still the least flexible person I've ever known 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I think it makes sense to stay in Ireland whilst Thomas is only doing 3 or so trips a month to get used to parenting alone and make all the plans to move to the uk once flights start picking up. However we all know Mel, so this won't happen! It is such a wierd dynamic that everything revolves around Thomas's job and how unstable it is, yet Mel demands the most basic stable life for them. I bet she is so ready to blame him for his debt and job causing her to give up her ideal lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s no longer an independent lifestyle vlogger, she’s sacrificed any bright career prospects she may have had by throwing it all aside to raise his children in his parents attic.
Speaking of career prospects, moving to Manchester would actually make sense for her career as well. She could create a ton of content around the moving process and she could work with UK brands, which are currently not ideal due to Brexit. Manchester seems to have a really lively influencer scene and she could do some networking – after burning bridges with Irish influencers, lol. The baby is still young and would definitely adapt to the change.

Of course none of this will happen. This girl would rather live in the attic of her in-laws than move 15 minutes away from her precious Skerries so a whole other country is definitely out of question.

Reactions: 22
Predictions: She will not survive on her own. She can't drive and it's not easy with a baby on public transport.
She'll move back in with her Dad because she pays rent there and he can be her taxi service.

Reactions: 26
The fake “gratefulness” in that post, I bet she’s absolutely raging deep down 😂

If she stays in Ireland for this 5 year period, she’s a fool. Her jealousy and insecurity will never let long distance work, not with a baby and soon another pregnancy in tow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s telling that Thomas holds all the cards in this relationship. He’s the breadwinner (despite Mel always putting him down regarding his debt).
They live in his house, in his attic. It’s almost like he’s keeping Melanie hostage there and asking her to pop out babies while he flies around the world.
Once again it demonstrates that Melanie has become incredibly boring since meeting him. She’s no longer an independent lifestyle vlogger, she’s sacrificed any bright career prospects she may have had by throwing it all aside to raise his children in his parents attic.
100% this. Contrary to popular belief, I think their relationship decisions come from Thomas. He “advises” Melanie on what to do with the money. I think it was 100% his decision to live with the in laws rather than her dad because of his man-ego! He pushes Melanie to take on crappy sponsorships so it’s obvious that Melanie slips sometimes and mentions his debt and it looks like its Melanie controlling Thomas and not the other way around. I think Melanie is too dumb for adulting but I am sure that Thomas is a toxic husband and Melanie thinks he is better than her. I am even going to go on a limb here and say that I think Thomas wanted this Skerries fairytale life with loads of children. Melanie is easily manipulated and she now thinks its her dream. It would be really sad if Melanie ever regret having a kid when she wasn’t sure but I think with their current situation, Melanie cannot handle a single mom role even for few days without any family support. So it makes sense for her to stay put, maybe some distance from Thomas can help her understand what she wants out of life. Because so far she has just been a cheerleader for Thomas and his career while he was constantly moaning about it throughout lockdown and holding it over Melanie’s head because he believes his career is better than hers (even though she pays for most of the things/have savings/working). We have seen Melanie losing herself when in relationship, her marriage is not so different. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I get the sense Mel would rather be a big fish in a little pond (Ireland) than a little fish in a big pond (U.K.) in regards to her social media/influencer work. She makes bank on the fact she’s an Irish YouTuber (ahem sorry, ‘lifestyle vlogger’ :rolleyes:) and moving to the U.K. doesn’t fit with that narrative, especially if it’s not London.

I’d love to see Mel in Manchester though, she wouldn’t last two seconds:ROFLMAO: nobody would give a damn she’s got a ‘6 figure salary’ and 2 published books, they’d be jeering at her granny clothes in the street at the same. She signed up to be a pilot’s wife, they’re both thick as tit if they seriously thought they’d never have to be apart like this for his job.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t think it’s one’s worse than the other. I think they’re both terrible people in their own ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
100% this. Contrary to popular belief, I think their relationship decisions come from Thomas. He “advises” Melanie on what to do with the money. I think it was 100% his decision to live with the in laws rather than her dad because of his man-ego! He pushes Melanie to take on crappy sponsorships so it’s obvious that Melanie slips sometimes and mentions his debt and it looks like its Melanie controlling Thomas and not the other way around. I think Melanie is too dumb for adulting but I am sure that Thomas is a toxic husband and Melanie thinks he is better than her. I am even going to go on a limb here and say that I think Thomas wanted this Skerries fairytale life with loads of children. Melanie is easily manipulated and she now thinks its her dream. It would be really sad if Melanie ever regret having a kid when she wasn’t sure but I think with their current situation, Melanie cannot handle a single mom role even for few days without any family support. So it makes sense for her to stay put, maybe some distance from Thomas can help her understand what she wants out of life. Because so far she has just been a cheerleader for Thomas and his career while he was constantly moaning about it throughout lockdown and holding it over Melanie’s head because he believes his career is better than hers (even though she pays for most of the things/have savings/working). We have seen Melanie losing herself when in relationship, her marriage is not so different. 🤷🏻‍♀️
She completely loses herself in every relationship. I think she leeches and feeds off the personality of whoever she seems to be spending most of her time with.

I'm not usually someone who picks at people's appearances. But I'm gonna say it.... she has hair like Lord Farquaad.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Funny that she of all people would talk about plans.. was there ever a plan Mel? Did you really ever think all of this through?
Whatever it was it was based on a whole lot of assumptions by the looks of it - not on anything concrete. I don’t know if they purposefully tried to conceive Milo (although, I think so? From what I recall they did) but they must have considered that it would be a bit of a tit-show when neither of them have job-security or a place to live long(er)-term. Just assuming the stars were all going to magically align in their favour was rather entitled and naïve (to say the least).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20210503-164952.jpg

I think her manifesting is working you goise , except we know Mel is never happy. Spent the past couple months moaning that baby went to sleep too early....now it's too late 🥴 sigh, poor Mel just can't win

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 557844
I think her manifesting is working you goise , except we know Mel is never happy. Spent the past couple months moaning that baby went to sleep too early....now it's too late 🥴 sigh, poor Mel just can't win
I have not met anyone who just lets their baby run their life like this. No control over his routine or anything. just adjust to whatever he does. Oh to be an influencer...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think their lives is just one big car crash
They did long distance while he went to be a pilot...she did nothing that whole time but miss him and go see him where they sat in his room watching the laptop
He qualified and came home and thought hey we’ll just buy a gaff in skerries, but oh yea I’m in massive debt I guess not
So they got engaged and pregnant quickly, married during COVID and basically now sit in a different room watching a laptop with a baby attached to them
Neither of them has grown up
Neither has done anything worthwhile with themselves the last year except moan
I find it so weird that he went to be a pilot but wanted very domestic routes so that he can be home every night...like I don’t know any pilot who requests this unless they’re 20 years flying the skies
I imagine the whole appeal of being a pilot is travelling the world...so why marry a local girl and knock her up then???
Think neither of them know what they want it life and I don’t see this relationship lasting
Or if it does go the distance there will be regret and resentment from both of them which will pass onto their kids who will most likely grow up with major issues
Sorry kids

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I honestly can't see how Thomas commuting between flights would work for them? I know long haul pilots and they say it takes a few days to adjust to the time zones when you're changing so often. So when you add in having to commute to and from Ireland because your wife won't move, it sounds like a recipe for disaster? I honestly think it would be best for her to get out of Skerries for a bit and see the world outside of Ireland whilst the child is young, then they could always move back once the world has gotten back to normal. But that wouldn't fit into Mel's anti lockdown agenda would it as England would almost be out of all restrictions by the time they move? Then what would she complain about??
I agree. They’ve only been married for a year and they werent together that long before that, I don’t see how it’s gonna work either. My husband works 12 hr shifts 5/6 days a week and I’m at home on my own with a baby all day and that’s hard enough never mind one of yous not even being in the country a few times a week/month

Reactions: 11
if they are the type to have a 5 year plan I honestly can't for the life of me understand why they would plan on getting pregnant and having their first baby before getting their own place. I know she's so opposed to renting but that just seems so ass-backwards, a small modest apartment could be a drop in a bucket for someone with a supposed six figure income.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.