Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Paul’s story seemed less annoying than Megan’s. I didn’t like her ‘please stop asking me about it’ bit either-influencers are fine when ‘loads of people’ ask about makeup/beauty/something they can flog/make money from but when they ask a question influencers don’t like then all of a sudden it’s a problem-don’t plaster your relationship and baby over social media then get pissed off when people ask questions about it!

Reactions: 10

Londoncailín

VIP Member
There’s just no excuse for it. She lives like a tramp. Instead of bastard naval gazing she should have a good declutter and deep clean.
Also, If she put down her phone and engaged with her daughter, Esme wouldn’t resort to pulling the house apart out of pure boredom. That poor baby is allowed run riot. She has zero boundaries. She doesn’t even sit down to have a meal. It’s constant running around and getting content at the expense of her daughter.

The only issue I have is when influencers say their job is ‘hard work’. I understand that abuse and reading shit about yourself is terrible BUT hard work? What about jobs like carers, nurses, customer assistant jobs, teachers, restaurant workers, cleaners? Surely they cannot think that emails, pitching to brands, photoshoots, editing images and meetings, instagram captions etc. is hard in comparison to ‘real’ jobs? I like when they say how lucky they are to have these influencer jobd, that’s nice. But complaining about how hard it is...when it gives you all that money and flexibility. Why do they want us to think that their job is hard? :)

Catinahat

I get concerned about the number of responses influencers get to their posts from people saying 'I needed to hear that right now' as though the Influencer is some sort of acknowledged expert or guru. It's scary that so many people seem to hang on their every word!

Reactions: 9

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
Haha the irony is that people who pay that are also likely taking notes from her about how to manifest money 🤣

• Haha
True. I mean there’s only so much content possible for these instagrammers. Constant regurgitation and repetition of the same message and then contradiction of others.

Another contradiction the other week she was saying how the voice in her head is so kind to her. Yet the year before mentioned how she has no internal voice or monologue...erm how’s it kind then?

Most of the time Megan is too lazy to even reword her readings or put her own spin on them. She literally quotes other people’s intellectual property word for word but pushes it as her own...I hate hearing her say ‘you are the universe expressing itself as a human for a while’

Heard the exact same things so many times from so many other sources.

I would absolutely love to know what these people who were ‘accepted’ everyone who applied to her Thrive programme for £400 a pop are actually getting from it. I would honestly make an assumption that it’s all stuff she’s read from books totalling £100 that they could’ve bought for themselves.

It’s honestly exploitative when it becomes someones career because they can’t admit when they’ve:
- preeched something that they no longer agree with
-ran out of content

or

when the realise their teachings don’t work and they’re unhappy

because that’s their career over.

I don't really care what she looks like. I do agree with you that she sends out very mixed messages and because of that I wonder just how much she truly does contribute to body positivity. I think there's a lot of manipulation goes on with, not just her but many influencer posts and that can be quite harmful to some people who can't see it for what it is.

elloelloello

VIP Member
I can’t believe how much she’s changed- a full 180.

I used to love her funny videos, I would literally LOL at them, now I can’t tolerate her at all, what a shame.

virgofalls

VIP Member
Genuine question does Megan have actual qualifications to justify charging £2222 (well £1111 if you get in early 🙄🙄🙄) for some pre recorded videos? Baffles me that people are paying this money.

• Wow

Boredinstagrammer29

I started to watch Shrill on bbc I player (deffo recommend give it a watch guys) and there’s on episode where she goes to a female empowerment convention... she realises it’s a con and it just capitalises even further on women’s insecurity’s by telling them they’re great because they know women actually don’t feel like that at all and need to buy into something that tells them that.

Anyway, in short, it’s exactly what Megan is promoting. Her moon yoga retreat is exactly the same thing!

Elliebellie

I get that she is a single mum now but everything seems to be an ad now and when she praises something or talks positively about something, I can’t help but think there’s an ad on the way!

elloelloello

VIP Member
I loved Megan, she used to be my favourite Instagram account because she was funny and real and didn’t take herself to seriously. She has completely changed and each day I like her less and less. Sadly I might have to unfollow her, can’t deal with all this meditation being rammed down my throat!

Shanayasahni

This post has really pissed me off ... the root of all money issues is not mindset and beliefs around money! In the current climate people are losing their jobs through no fault of there own and new jobs are hard to come by - they can’t just pray to the moon to find more cash! People are struggling and to blame it on their own mindset is offensive! Yes, people should have saved more but no one expected the world to be as it is right now...
View attachment 235390
Bunch of BS. who does she thinks she is for doling out money advice? Fix your mindset my Ass. It's easy for her to say these stupid stuff when she doesn't have to work long hours on minimum wage or worse lose job. Getting freebies sitting at home and making IG stories doesn't count as work ffs

I genuinely do think she has lost her marbles. Giving people advice on how to get up at 5am? If you don’t need to get up at that ungodly hour, DON’T! I regularly see 4am when getting up and ready for work, but guess what? I don’t put stories all over my Instagram kissing my own arse for getting up and out the house at that time. Christ sake Megan 🤦🏻‍♀️

Today she had a chance to say she is voting for Labour but she didn't to not upset Tories. It disappoints me when people care more about losing their right-wing followers than using their 'influence' for something good for once. And if she is worried about receiving angry DMs...she can just ignore those or delete them. What's the big deal, they all go into that unfiltered folder anyway.

All these influencers telling people to register to vote but don't mention Labour really upset me. They actually have some influence and could help.

Skirmish1979

VIP Member
Put Esme in a high chair fgs. Always eating of her spoon and running around as she does it. And stop with the fist pump too. It’s boring now. Actually, it’s all boring, pics in semi darkness at 5.30am because you’re so amazing to get up that early! Why? What is the actual point?

Catinahat

Excuse me but why did she get another dog? A few years back she got one on a whim and abandoned it shortly thereafter before going travelling for a year. never took the dog back.
A dog is not for Christmas.
To provide a bit of content when she's running low? A dog should have it's own space, not be draped around an owners neck, sitting on their knee or in bed with them the whole time. It will end up with separation anxiety when it's left on it's own.