Megan Ellaby #7 her clothing line is U.G.L.Y, George ain't got no alibi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I agree!
I'm confused about what the change is then, if they've always done that

Reactions: 1
Oh I agree!
I'm confused about what the change is then, if they've always done that
The change now is just that resale sites have to, by law, share the sales details of each user with HMRC. Sites like Airbnb did it voluntarily before that anyway, but now they legally have to. It’s tit if it’s used to scare people in to not selling stuff, but ultimately a good thing if it means people like the Ellabys can’t keep tax dodging.

It’s interesting though because she should have been declaring it anyway, and HMRC will now be able to access her previous years so if she has been avoiding declaring it then she’ll be in the tit if they come looking for her

Reactions: 2
I think it looks lovely (not all the furniture nesscarily but all the fittings and colours), no idea on the area other than what others have said.

But feels too big, I wonder if the loft and/or basement was done by them as it’s too many rooms imo, some of them must never get used. I think it’s lacking a big kitchen dinner with bifolds. The kitchen is big but L shaped.

Reactions: 4
The new pictures look much better and it looks a lot less clashy than it did before. Gene’s bedroom still gives me a migraine though 😂

I wonder if she regrets being so grabby redecorating with the freebie wallpaper which is a very acquired taste. I imagine lots of people would be put off by that particularly given the price of the house for where it is.

Reactions: 10
I think it looks lovely (not all the furniture nesscarily but all the fittings and colours), no idea on the area other than what others have said.

But feels too big, I wonder if the loft and/or basement was done by them as it’s too many rooms imo, some of them must never get used. I think it’s lacking a big kitchen dinner with bifolds. The kitchen is big but L shaped.
They did the basement, yeah. It’s huge. There’s so much living space and the bedrooms are quite underwhelming.

The ‘bones’ of the house are beautiful but there’s no way it’s worth that. A lot of questionable choices imo.

The interiors are far too quirky (ugly) and the should tone them down for purpose of selling

The sink is miles away from the cooker and prep area in the kitchen?

Mirrored walls are in abundance, narcissistic much? Can just imagine George moodily staring at himself while strumming his guitar with Megs in the other room dressed like a geriatric David Bowie and sucking in her cheeks :sick:

The rooms they clearly haven’t touched are the nicest ones. Talk about Instagram versus reality!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I quite like the house and I think it'll probably sell tbh. If the estate agents thought there was no chance im sure they would push for it to be lowered cause they want it to sell so they can get paid. The area isn't the best but house prices in manchester have been going nuts for a while. We bought our house last year for 375k and it's about half the size and in a worse location than Megans so i can see how her house is "worth" what it's up for

Reactions: 2
I quite like the house and I think it'll probably sell tbh. If the estate agents thought there was no chance im sure they would push for it to be lowered cause they want it to sell so they can get paid. The area isn't the best but house prices in manchester have been going nuts for a while. We bought our house last year for 375k and it's about half the size and in a worse location than Megans so i can see how her house is "worth" what it's up for

She’s tried to sell it before though and it didn’t shift. She’s lowered the price by 50k this time- but she is still way out for the area. If she was in Prestwich then I think she’d get close to asking price but the area it’s in is not Prestwich!

It’s also one of those funny setups where the front garden is way better than the back but who would ever really want to pay nearly a million quid for a house to then sit in the front garden in full view of all your neighbours. It’s a family house bedroom wise but impractical in a lot of ways. There’s a yard at the side but the back garden is small and accessed by what is essentially a full flight of steps.

The kitchen layout is terrible. I’d have thought they’d have improved it when they redid it. Also the decor of the whole house just looks like dated Instagram trends layered on top of each other. But they must be really desperate to sell if they’ve resisted and lowered the price.

Reactions: 13
I so badly want to know why they're selling and what their plan is!
Saaaaaaaame. I thought the needing money thing seemed viable with the Jimmy’s closures but the fact it’s still listed so high suggests not. They bought it for 600k so they’re going to make a fair bit from a sale even if they have to drop it more.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I feel like I’m going crazy because why if they paid £600k for it in 2019 are they listing it so high now?
Prices increased during 2020 due to the stamp duty holiday but that was a false bubble and prices are slowly returning to pre pandemic rates I thought? (ie. higher interest rates on mortgages = most people’s affordability has taken a nose dive)

What have they done to the house that they think warrants a 225k increase in just 3/4 years? (Not forgetting they had it listed even higher before Christmas). They got a new kitchen I think? But the rest of it seems to be cosmetic decoration which let’s face it most people would want to paint over with their own style anyway…. Granted I now live in London where the market is slower but my parents place (in a nicer suburb of south Manchester) hasn’t increased by as much as 225k since 2019. This is cozzy livs era not Blair hyper-housing-inflation era hun!

Reactions: 8
they've probably listed it at what the estate agent has recommended based on the market. They don't need to have done 225k of improvements for it to be worth 225k more now. I mean, whether or not it is actually worth 225k more now is debatable but a lot of the time people negotiate lower so they may be putting it up higher than they think they'll get in the end.

I did nothing to my house so it was actually in a worse state than when I bought it, but a few months ago I sold it for 200k when I bought it in 2018 for 130k. I'm in Manchester. The house we bought was 375k and the owners had bought it for £190k in 2012 so it had basically doubled in value in 10 years - absolutely nuts but that was pretty much standard for everywhere we viewed, and we were looking in multiple areas of Manchester.

not saying any of this is right btw, the situation is actually horrendous with how much property has gone up and it's not proportionate to wages. I'm extremely lucky in that I managed to buy my house at the right time and values shot up, because if I was buying for the first time now I would have literally zero chance of being able to afford anywhere here whatsoever

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
they've probably listed it at what the estate agent has recommended based on the market. They don't need to have done 225k of improvements for it to be worth 225k more now. I mean, whether or not it is actually worth 225k more now is debatable but a lot of the time people negotiate lower so they may be putting it up higher than they think they'll get in the end.

I did nothing to my house so it was actually in a worse state than when I bought it, but a few months ago I sold it for 200k when I bought it in 2018 for 130k. I'm in Manchester. The house we bought was 375k and the owners had bought it for £190k in 2012 so it had basically doubled in value in 10 years - absolutely nuts but that was pretty much standard for everywhere we viewed, and we were looking in multiple areas of Manchester.

not saying any of this is right btw, the situation is actually horrendous with how much property has gone up and it's not proportionate to wages. I'm extremely lucky in that I managed to buy my house at the right time and values shot up, because if I was buying for the first time now I would have literally zero chance of being able to afford anywhere here whatsoever
That’s really interesting to hear those examples, I’m clearly out of touch with the market in Manchester, seems crazy! Agree re the state of housing, I’m still stuck in the rental trap and it’s depressing!

Built in 1919 and meticulously restored to the highest standards by its current owners,

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

How have they muted all those god awful garish colours or did they make them repaint?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It’ll be listed at the highest price stated by whichever estate agent wants the business. Often it’s not really based on what it is actually probably worth. And given the fact barely anything is selling, estate agents are all fighting to be the ones who win the chance to sell the property. Often the agent knows full well it won’t sell at the price they tell you, but they have to do that so you pick them. You get them round, they give you the hard sell about how they can manage to sell it for ‘X’ price and if you’re desperate for the money it’s easy to fall for it. You sign a contract and you’re stuck with one specific agent for a set period.

I’m reckoning they’ve ended up chucking a lot of their own cash at the failing bars and as such are mortgaged up to their eye balls. Probably paying about £3k a month on repayments and knowing it’s not sustainable when neither of them have proper jobs.

Reactions: 3