Megan Ellaby #7 her clothing line is U.G.L.Y, George ain't got no alibi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread combined from posts by @knivesnflowers and @curiOusc4t

Recap of last thread:

Megan announces second pregnancy - gives birth to baby boy Gene in May 2023
Baby shower outfit tik toks have people dying over the dress the size of a family car
She is still selling gifted items on Vinted via George's account - claims the money she makes off Vinted goes to charity
Megan is selling both her houses - the "forever home" they're in now for offers over £875k and the one she (supposedly) sold to Faye for £450k. George's parents are also selling their £1.5mill place in Yorkshire. The theory is they're moving to nearer George's parents for better schools for their kids but we shall see 🤔
York branch of George's bar which we all forgot about is closing

Reactions: 13
I know Faye's house and I am genuinely gobsmacked they've put it up for 450k. It's a nice house but it's a terraced on the corner of a busy road. It's no way worth that!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There’s definitely something proper stinky going on with money.

I was surprised when I heard the first house was in her name only and didn’t have a mortgage. But then she made YouTube videos that mentioned meeting George’s parents to discuss a financial investment. I always presumed they put a chunk towards it but it was in her name to avoid paying second home stamp duty as I’m fairly sure George owned a property he rented out.

This, plus the fact his parents are selling their family home and business makes me think they’re in the tit money wise. They are probably asking George and Megan to pay back what they borrowed. Their big house is in both of their names. They are probably being over ambitious with the pricing so as to drag it out and delay repaying the money.

Was George’s dad charged with something or have I made that up? Either way looks like the empire is crumbling.

• Wow
I know Faye's house and I am genuinely gobsmacked they've put it up for 450k. It's a nice house but it's a terraced on the corner of a busy road. It's no way worth that!!
Prestwich is absolutely insane at the moment in terms of prices, but that does seem excessive. There's similar style properties in good condition for under 350k.

Reactions: 3
Prestwich is absolutely insane at the moment in terms of prices, but that does seem excessive. There's similar style properties in good condition for under 350k.
It is. Making me think I should put mine on the market 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I was surprised when I heard the first house was in her name only and didn’t have a mortgage. But then she made YouTube videos that mentioned meeting George’s parents to discuss a financial investment. I always presumed they put a chunk towards it but it was in her name to avoid paying second home stamp duty as I’m fairly sure George owned a property he rented out.

This, plus the fact his parents are selling their family home and business makes me think they’re in the tit money wise. They are probably asking George and Megan to pay back what they borrowed. Their big house is in both of their names. They are probably being over ambitious with the pricing so as to drag it out and delay repaying the money.

Was George’s dad charged with something or have I made that up? Either way looks like the empire is crumbling.
George’s dad was charged with sexual harassment/assault it’s been well covered up though I’ve never been able to find anything about it online!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Houses are just worth whatever someone is willing to pay though, and I've seen similar houses for similar prices lately in that area so I don't think it's necessarily in "no way worth it". It's a nice house in a sought after area. The housing market round there is bonkers. yea your house might have gone up loads since you bought it so you'd make some ££££ on it, but presumably the house you'd go on to buy next will have gone up loads too .. unless you wanted to move out of the area to somewhere that isn't as popular. I've recently sold and bought in manchester and my smallish house went for 70k more than I bought it for 5 years ago but the house we went on to buy had increased about 200k or something barmy in the last 10 years lol.
---
George’s dad was charged with sexual harassment/assault it’s been well covered up though I’ve never been able to find anything about it online!!!
How do you know about it? Any details?

Reactions: 3
Houses are just worth whatever someone is willing to pay though, and I've seen similar houses for similar prices lately in that area so I don't think it's necessarily in "no way worth it". It's a nice house in a sought after area. The housing market round there is bonkers. yea your house might have gone up loads since you bought it so you'd make some ££££ on it, but presumably the house you'd go on to buy next will have gone up loads too .. unless you wanted to move out of the area to somewhere that isn't as popular. I've recently sold and bought in manchester and my smallish house went for 70k more than I bought it for 5 years ago but the house we went on to buy had increased about 200k or something barmy in the last 10 years lol.
---

ive mentioned it before but really can’t say much without outing who I am…people in/around the Jimmys staff circle know about it. Not sure on the extent of the crime / charge though. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it as I know lots of other people know more than I do 😅

Last edited:
  • Wow
---

Get all that and have experience buying houses so aware it's all relative.
They've priced it similarly to Chorlton properties and as booming as Prestwich is, it would be a naive purchase at that price. But, each to their own as you say and to someone it may be worth that price!
---

Get all that and have experience buying houses so aware it's all relative.
They've priced it similarly to Chorlton properties and as booming as Prestwich is, it would be a naive purchase at that price. But, each to their own as you say and to someone it may be worth it!

Reactions: 1
Man this is unravelling… craziness. The chanel flap she bought with new chanel prices will be more like £8k I think so I don’t get any of it… if they’re in the tit who goes off to buy a chanel bag 🤯 wtaf is going on?! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agree it’s wild! I’ve been looking to buy a house in Prestwich over the last 3 years and that road is a total no go. 450k for that house no thanks! I think they’d be pushing it at 350k!

Reactions: 7
Dying to know what’s going on! Also just a quick thing about Jimmy’s in York - the old one shut ages ago, I can’t remember when exactly but it’s been a different restaurant for getting on for a year I reckon. And Jimmy’s would have obviously have to shut a while before that. There was this whole thing about them outgrowing the venue after doing so well but it seems dodgy that it would take this long to move surely?

Reactions: 5
These influencers are like cats though, they're always landing on their feet. Meg and her cohort all made stacks of money when the market was much less competitive and half of them have large sums squirrelled away in investments. I think they're pooling their resources to upgrade to some semi-rural DREAMY pile. Their personal "brand" has shifted from cocaine in the northern quarter to walks in national trust properties now, so it's time to buy all the accessories to match

Reactions: 30
These influencers are like cats though, they're always landing on their feet. Meg and her cohort all made stacks of money when the market was much less competitive and half of them have large sums squirrelled away in investments. I think they're pooling their resources to upgrade to some semi-rural DREAMY pile. Their personal "brand" has shifted from cocaine in the northern quarter to walks in national trust properties now, so it's time to buy all the accessories to match
Tbh, it looks like the finances are going tits up. If they've been living a dreamy lifestyle based on credit and big old mortgages, they'll be ruined. I think the only Jimmy's bar that was doing any half decent trade was Liverpool. Will be interesting to see if they've totally over extended themselves in the era of cheap credit. Selling all the houses and kicking her sister out isn't a great sign.

Reactions: 7
I 100% agree - that’s what I’m betting on!!

Reactions: 5
Man this is unravelling… craziness. The chanel flap she bought with new chanel prices will be more like £8k I think so I don’t get any of it… if they’re in the tit who goes off to buy a chanel bag 🤯 wtaf is going on?! 🤣
That’s what I was saying! To be fair she has a huge shopping addiction which she masquerades as a job though. 🤔

It’s possible they’re having money worries and are also planning to move somewhere rural. It amazes me how cheap rural properties can sometimes be so she’d still be able to show a somewhat fancy lifestyle and pretend they’re raking it in.

but I then I also wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow managed to get a 2mil mansion in Altrincham cause buying 8k bags does suggest they have a huge pile of money somewhere. But then selling everything on Vinted….. I go round in circles with it all!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

What’s the parents business?
---
It’s possible they’re having money worries and are also planning to move somewhere rural. It amazes me how cheap rural properties can sometimes be so she’d still be able to show a somewhat fancy lifestyle and pretend they’re raking it in.

but I then I also wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow managed to get a 2mil mansion in Altrincham cause buying 8k bags does suggest they have a huge pile of money somewhere. But then selling everything on Vinted….. I go round in circles with it all!
She will miss all her trendy coffee shops etc but I guess with the two children she doesn’t go as much as she used to.

Reactions: 2
I repeat Altrincham doesn’t want her…

My mum lives in a gorgeous part of Altrincham and one of the houses is up for sale. Please don’t. I’ve got visions of the Ellaby being the new neighbours. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11