Megan Ellaby #4 Popped a sprog, gave it the name of a dog, fiance now looks like a hog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I was curious to see if she was breastfeeding so glad she shared. I thought she wasn’t because of her outfits but she’s not a regular mum she’s a cool mom remember!
Was intrigued by the vashi post looks like a beautiful pendant but couldn’t find anything similar on the website. Hers is a pink stone (probably a pink sapphire?) and doesn’t have a halo of diamonds like the other lumina pendants... and I can only see ‘design you own’ for the rings. What’s the point in being influenced to buy something if it isn’t available anyway?

edit- just seen the caption, it’s a heart shaped pink sapphire:love:

Reactions: 4
She was always going to breastfeed, this is perfect megan we are talking about where everything always works out for her haha.
I’m probs just a bit bitter because breastfeeding was really hard for me and I couldn’t do it. I feel like insatgrammers always make it look so easy :(

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Totally agree! Breastfeeding is f***ing hard and wish more people would talk about it and be honest about their experiences with it

She was always going to breastfeed, this is perfect megan we are talking about where everything always works out for her haha.
I’m probs just a bit bitter because breastfeeding was really hard for me and I couldn’t do it. I feel like insatgrammers always make it look so easy :(

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It is hard. I found it difficult and 15months in, it does still have its challenges. But at least she’s not one of those smug bastards yet who claimed their baby sleeps through the night from week 2. Those kind of people always made me feel like tit. My little one still doesn’t sleep through the night 😫

Reactions: 5
It is hard. I found it difficult and 15months in, it does still have its challenges. But at least she’s not one of those smug bastards yet who claimed their baby sleeps through the night from week 2. Those kind of people always made me feel like tit. My little one still doesn’t sleep through the night 😫
my youngest are 6 and 4 and still don’t 😅 hang on in there tho, it’ll
come! (apparently)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Why do instagrammers need to subtly show off about the fact they breastfed. Ok Megan we all can see that you are clearly breastfeeding haha. She could have easily showed the dogs at another point.
Maybe because it's bloody hard work, and routinely discouraged in British society, so they're trying to encourage other mums to try it too?

Reactions: 10
In my experience it is the opposite of discouraged and actually mums made to feel guilty not being able to or having/wanting to use formula. Can only speak from my experience how I and other people I’m close to have been made to feel

Reactions: 9
In my experience it is the opposite of discouraged and actually mums made to feel guilty not being able to or having/wanting to use formula. Can only speak from my experience how I and other people I’m close to have been made to feel
100% agree with this

I bet she’s been desperate to show off she is and no doubt it’s been a dreamy experience which in reality is the total opposite and so nerve wracking getting that milk supply going, worrying if baby is getting enough etc....

Reactions: 7
Absolutely this. I was made to feel ‘unnatural’ for not breastfeeding but my baby was fed and well so they can duck right off 😊

I really wish an influencer would show how difficult it can be, I can imagine a new mum feeling like tit if she’s struggling and then Megan pops up with her dreamy bf stories 🙄 luckily SM wasn’t really a thing when my daughter was born else I’d have probably felt more judged and bad mum then too, even though I and others who can’t/don’t want to bf really aren’t.

Reactions: 12
Thanks guys. Yeah I am that new mum (6 weeks PP) and feel so feel tit not being able to breastfeed so I defo am probably hormonal but it is just classic her so why am I surprised. I just feel like I’m not good enough, or not strong enough to deal with the pain, or patient enough to persevere with it :( I maybe should take some time off the internet x

• Heart
  • Sad
Thanks guys. Yeah I am that new mum (6 weeks PP) and feel so feel tit not being able to breastfeed so I defo am probably hormonal but it is just classic her so why am I surprised. I just feel like I’m not good enough, or not strong enough to deal with the pain, or patient enough to persevere with it :( I maybe should take some time off the internet x
It doesn't make you any less of a mother if you want to switch to formula, you need to keep yourself healthy mentally in order for your baby to be happy too and if this is getting you down so much, just make the switch!

The fact is you've tried it and that's the important thing.

I breastfed my baby but she wasn't getting enough and I didn't even know (covid baby, ftm and had not one health visitor!!!) - I still struggle to forgive myself for that. She ended up dehydrated. I started feeding her formula and it changed everything for the better and tbh when I pop out more babies I will not feel ashamed to give them formula As I'm pretty scarred from that!

I'm sick of mums telling other mums how to be a bleeping mum, haha!!! We are all so different, you know what's best for your baby and aslong as they are happy and healthy it doesn't matter what your bloody routine is.

I hope you feel better soon, if you ever need to rant my inbox is always open. X

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Breastfeeding is a sensitive issue, but I feel like Megan is damned either way. She would’ve had negative comments if she was seen to be pumping/using formula. Some women struggle to breastfeed and others have no issues. My mum had 5 kids and breast fed us all no problem, yet my sister stopped after a couple of weeks. I don’t think Megan is ‘showing off’, she’s just feeding her baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It doesn't make you any less of a mother if you want to switch to formula, you need to keep yourself healthy mentally in order for your baby to be happy too and if this is getting you down so much, just make the switch!

The fact is you've tried it and that's the important thing.

I breastfed my baby but she wasn't getting enough and I didn't even know (covid baby, ftm and had not one health visitor!!!) - I still struggle to forgive myself for that. She ended up dehydrated. I started feeding her formula and it changed everything for the better and tbh when I pop out more babies I will not feel ashamed to give them formula As I'm pretty scarred from that!

I'm sick of mums telling other mums how to be a bleeping mum, haha!!! We are all so different, you know what's best for your baby and aslong as they are happy and healthy it doesn't matter what your bloody routine is.

I hope you feel better soon, if you ever need to rant my inbox is always open. X
Thank you so much hun, it was so nice to read your story and to know I’m not alone... sorry to everyone for changing the topic of this discussion haha! But I think for sure that formula feeding is defo much more looked down in than breastfeeding these days. Like I would worry if I took out formula people would be judging me for using it. People shouldn’t judge either way as it’s what is best for mum and baby.
I just thought I would comment on megan because of course she’s doing it and it’s probably all perfect for her. and the point I was making with her picture like the way she makes sure the angle is like that to make sure everyone know she’s breastfeeding but these days I doubt she would put a picture up of a box of formula if she was formula feeding coz it’s defo more looked down on.

I know she’s not ‘showing off’ I don’t mean it literally I just mean it’s Megan we are all here coz she just wants to show off dreamyness all the time and it can get others down. But as I said I know it’s my issue to be annoyed at that and have said I’m going to take some time off social media x

• Heart
I do agree she isn't showing off at all, it's what works for her and Goldie. I also completely understand what a kick in the face it is for all the women who have had their issues with breastfeeding because everything megan posts about goes to plan and then some. Her life as she portrays it is PERFECT and nothing ever goes wrong and it's hard for people to see that especially at a time like this when most people aren't having such a dreamy time.

It would be amazing for Megan to show something about her and her life that ISN'T perfect so she can actually show people she is normal and doesn't live in a dream world 🤣

Reactions: 13
You ARE good enough don’t ever think you’re not. As long as your baby is fed that’s the main thing. I’m sick of the breastapo making women feel tit for not breastfeeding, it’s so damaging and at a really sensitive time in your life. Please, please do what’s best for you and your baby and to hell with what anyone else thinks x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree. The other end of that spectrum is the people who make you feel like you should stop breastfeeding your child as soon as they start solids or tell you that’s the reason your child doesn’t sleep through the night.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Breastfeeding is brutal and the classes you take do not prepare you at all for it! I was lucky I have a lot of mum friends and a sister that breastfed because without their knowledge I would have given up because it was the opposite of how I was told it would go. In my opinion... there is not enough support and resources for breastfeeding mothers in the most vital part (first 6 weeks) and far more encourage to stop than to continue. It makes women feel like failures!

• Heart
Like someone said you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t! There’s a huge hole in support after you leave the hospital for feeding I feel. (Especially during covid!!)
If you want a more realistic (fashion influencer) account of breastfeeding follow Katherine Ormerod on Instagram. She also has a mum account called mamalovesgrey and she’s super honest about all the parenting struggles. it’s very refreshing. She’s talking about dropping to combi feeding today as she’s struggling.
Fed is best, as they say... don’t beat yourself up for any of the mum stuff that makes you feel poop just enjoy your gorgeous bubbas!
I too have a 15mo who still wakes all the bloody time. I beat myself up about that for ages til I realised it was totally normal so now I just co sleep and as soon as I let go of the mum guilt rubbish I just enjoy it and feel so much more chilled.
My friend told me who has a nine year old - parenting is just a series of different worries that seem massive at the time but aren’t in the grand scheme of things (she couldn’t bf and felt horrible about it at the time but now realises it literally doesn’t matter cause her boy is 9 and amazing!).

I do agree she isn't showing off at all, it's what works for her and Goldie. I also completely understand what a kick in the face it is for all the women who have had their issues with breastfeeding because everything megan posts about goes to plan and then some. Her life as she portrays it is PERFECT and nothing ever goes wrong and it's hard for people to see that especially at a time like this when most people aren't having such a dreamy time.

It would be amazing for Megan to show something about her and her life that ISN'T perfect so she can actually show people she is normal and doesn't live in a dream world 🤣
I think she tried to do that with her stories saying she fits into one pair of jeans but the rest are still too tight. I think that was meant to be her ‘relatable’ moment. 🙄

• Heart
Tbh I’m holding out for an influencer who acknowledges how bloody painful weeing can be after birth 😂 I’m 2 weeks PP and only had grazing but honestly the PAIN of going to the toilet (I’ve been told grazing can be a lot worse than stitches for this though!) 😭

Reactions: 5
Tbh I’m holding out for an influencer who acknowledges how bloody painful weeing can be after birth 😂 I’m 2 weeks PP and only had grazing but honestly the PAIN of going to the toilet (I’ve been told grazing can be a lot worse than stitches for this though!) 😭
Goldie probably slipped out like a greased salmon in a stream!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.