Megan Ellaby #4 Popped a sprog, gave it the name of a dog, fiance now looks like a hog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahah. 💯 this. God I had my baby at 37 and I didn’t feel ready at all (I was terrified telling my mum - like I was a teenager 😂) In my twenties it was all messy house parties and shopping in charity shops n car boots. Not bugaboos and painfully curated houses. It’s funny cause it’s not very rock n roll. Social media has a lot to answer for. So glad it didn’t really exist the way it does now when I was younger.
Nail on head my love. 32 and I feel ya. Nail on frickin ‘ed!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm sorry are we really saying the attached is "inspiration"!

- The pose with the sucked in cheeks.
- The sweepy sag with the mini braids to the side.
- The hideous quilted jacket.
- The graphic multi coloured tee.
- The stack of rings, including a giant red one.

I also love that she posted a "be kind" cutesy post afterwards a la Megan, can't even do her hater PR without copying her :ROFLMAO:

I work in commercial fashion and boy do I understand the line between "inspiration" and straight up copying.
Honestly it would be fine if she were taking styling inspo and just that.
But shes got the hair, styling, posing, faux northern vocabulary, home decor and I'm waiting for a sausage dog to appear at this point.

I honestly hate the "nothing is original" mentality, like sure you can be influenced and subconsciously inspired but life is a pick and mix, don't just make your whole "you" one person.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I also love that she posted a "be kind" cutesy post afterwards a la Megan, can't even do her hater PR without copying her :ROFLMAO:

I work in commercial fashion and boy do I understand the line between "inspiration" and straight up copying.
But shes got the hair, styling, posing, faux northern vocabulary, home decor and I'm waiting for a sausage dog to appear at this point.

I honestly hate the "nothing is original" mentality, like sure you can be influenced and subconsciously inspired but life is a pick and mix, don't just make your whole "you" one person.
well, she can say she's simply inspired but, it looks for all the world to see as if she is entering a look a like competition for megallaby.

I think it's down to the fact she has gone for exactly the same hair colour and hair style, moved to her city etc. why did she move from Kent anyway? it's pretty nice there.

Reactions: 14
Hahah. 💯 this. God I had my baby at 37 and I didn’t feel ready at all (I was terrified telling my mum - like I was a teenager 😂) In my twenties it was all messy house parties and shopping in charity shops n car boots. Not bugaboos and painfully curated houses. It’s funny cause it’s not very rock n roll. Social media has a lot to answer for. So glad it didn’t really exist the way it does now when I was younger.
Think it must be an age / social media thing as i'm 35 (wanna start trying for a baby end of this year and am petrified!!!!) and couldn't imagine living this life at 25, no shade to anyone who decides to settle down at that age, that's not my point - it's just a trend for influencers to live such hyper curated and grown up lives to portray this image of perfection which, when you boil down to it, is just a collection of fancy things. That's what's changed about her, it was her personality and zest for life that was so infectious, now it's just one ridiculously expensive item after another!

Reactions: 31

I'll be honest, I didn't really know who you guys were referring to in regards to Megan2 but oh my days now I've seen a picture, I had to look twice. That's not inspiration that's straight up 'let me jump in your skin, Megan'. Wow!

Reactions: 19
Has anyone purchased any of the Saturday tops before? Was wondering what the quality and sizing is like of those polo's and whether they are worth the £40 price tag?

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Has anyone purchased any of the Saturday tops before? Was wondering what the quality and sizing is like of those polo's and whether they are worth the £40 price tag?
I have the Ziggy and the (can’t remember the name) turquoise squiggly one - I have only worn them a handful of times because I find them so uncomfortable. I even sized up but they are so tight around the neck and arms - this was even before I had a baby, haven’t even attempted to put them on after birth!

Its been mentioned before on the thread but the sizing is really off and the brand in general isn’t very inclusive. I’m hoping now that she’s post-baby she’ll understand, but I’m not holding out!

In answer to your question, no they’re not worth the £40 price tag

Reactions: 16
I have the Ziggy and the (can’t remember the name) turquoise squiggly one - I have only worn them a handful of times because I find them so uncomfortable. I even sized up but they are so tight around the neck and arms - this was even before I had a baby, haven’t even attempted to put them on after birth!

Its been mentioned before on the thread but the sizing is really off and the brand in general isn’t very inclusive. I’m hoping now that she’s post-baby she’ll understand, but I’m not holding out!

In answer to your question, no they’re not worth the £40 price tag
Was just about to say this myself. The sizing is awful and the clothes gave me really tit body confidence for a while as I thought I was bigger than I actually am. I’m a size 8-10 and I ordered size Small.... wayyyy too tight, returned them for Medium’s and they still felt so bleeping uncomfortable.

Reactions: 11
definitely size up 1 or 2 sizes !! They are v tight fitting. I’m a 10-12 and have a L in a couple of her tops and it can still be tight especially on days when I’m bloated 🥴

Think it must be an age / social media thing as i'm 35 (wanna start trying for a baby end of this year and am petrified!!!!) and couldn't imagine living this life at 25, no shade to anyone who decides to settle down at that age, that's not my point - it's just a trend for influencers to live such hyper curated and grown up lives to portray this image of perfection which, when you boil down to it, is just a collection of fancy things. That's what's changed about her, it was her personality and zest for life that was so infectious, now it's just one ridiculously expensive item after another!
Its so bloody boring, though. I was in a long term relationship at university with someone ten years older, so when we broke up after uni (as he wanted mortgages and babies), I went out every night for about a decade, travelled, moved to different cities for work. I had so much fun, and I can't imagine influencers are doing the same whilst they're busy curating their kitchen shelves and doing #spon #ad content for tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I LOVE the new white tee with the checkered hem on the neck and sleeves but I absolutely will not be giving my hard earned money to that prat and her nasty skank sister

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I actually don't mind some of the new Saturday collection, I actually really like that wavy squiggly black and white one. But I'll wait until they inevitably start popping up on Depop for much cheaper so I don't have to give any money to Megan 😝

• Haha
  • Heart
I love the polo but FIFTY FUCKIN QUID?!?!?!?! Does she think she's Fred Perry ffs?!!? I would never have the cheek to charge prices like that holy tit.

• Haha
Don’t buy the polo.Go and get yourself a good old Fred Perry.sizing and quality 100%.Always timeless and never go out of fashion xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.