Megan Ellaby #4 Popped a sprog, gave it the name of a dog, fiance now looks like a hog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there can be a good balance of sharing your life more openly, not just ads, and including pictures of your kids (without showing their face). Angela Scanlon does this well where you still feel like she’s telling you stories about her kids which is sweet, but just omitting the face.

Reactions: 7
Her current content involving Goldie is a lot like Fleur De Force when River was born. She only showed the baby when she was flogging clothing but not with the baby’s face, which is essentially what Megan is doing. I find it in quite poor taste really, either show the kid properly or don’t show her at all instead of just using her as a headless clothes horse. Liv on the other hand has got it spot on. I didn’t think she’d show Arlo but she’s being honest and real on her Instagram and people seem to really appreciate that, especially new mums.
I agree- I totally understand not wanting your child to be online and not taking that from them but in the same breath don’t use them to flog goods... they don’t have a say in that either and in my opinion it’s worse. My only hope would be that they will put the money into a trust fund or something for her and not spend it themselves.

Reactions: 15
I think there can be a good balance of sharing your life more openly, not just ads, and including pictures of your kids (without showing their face). Angela Scanlon does this well where you still feel like she’s telling you stories about her kids which is sweet, but just omitting the face.
This is great to hear. I still get the odd glance or remark and I think a lot of people still give more permission to famous people/media/bloggers as they’re ‘allowed’ to protect or limit their child‘s online presence for safety fears. I’d love to see this accepting attitude filtered for everyday families as just a choice without judgement.

Reactions: 3
She has shared her face though?

Not a surprise she’s using her to sell stuff. But somehow draws the line at vlogging as it feels too personal. Imagine your morals not wanting to show your house but being completely
okay using your kid to sell stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She has shared her face though?

Not a surprise she’s using her to sell stuff. But somehow draws the line at vlogging as it feels too personal. Imagine your morals not wanting to show your house but being completely
okay using your kid to sell stuff
She shared her face in the first few weeks but after that she’s deliberately not, which is absolutely fine but now she’s flogging stuff using her kid and cropping out her face. It’s exploitation, when Goldie sees these pictures (which she will when she’s older) it’ll dawn on her that her mum used her as a clothes horse, not a nice feeling I would imagine.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And likely the type of parent to brush it off or gaslight it if challenged when Goldie is older by saying - but look at how much money we earned for you/how cute you were/how much you loved the camera/how you didn’t mind when you were eight you loved it etc etc!

Reactions: 9
I’ve started to follow megan2 aka louisemarguerite and whilst she’s annoying, she’s sooo much more relatable than Megan in terms of what she flogs. Case in point, Louise posting about a b&m rattan mirror and Megan posting her new givenchy sunglasses... give me strength. It’s evident that she’s trying to be an aspirational account, but she is alienating loads of her original followers with her luxury tat.
I know Louise and Megan are at different stages of their influencer career, so obvs Louise isn’t flogging designer brands, but yeah, Megan has gone too far the other way now.

Reactions: 19
One of two things has happened 1. Pretending they don’t hang out (weird cause there’s nothing to hide if it’s within the rules) 2. Separately use the same “photo shoot”spot...c’mon lasses you can do better, think outside the box.
Uh oh, I think faye is surpassing megan in the style ranks now... that's not going to go down well.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah I noticed that Faye put up an IGTV a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised with the outfits she put together. Prints and colourful without going too far like most of Megan’s current hot mess looks. She seemed kind of awkward in the speaking part but I’d be the same tbh. I think if Faye started to branch out, maybe into YouTube with vlogs and styling videos (basically pick up where Meg left off) she could end up becoming bigger than her sister. She’d have to stop coming across as such a miserable cow on social media though.

Isn’t she/was (Faye) a buyer ? so will have a good eye for what works well - maybe an even better eye!
Yes!

Megan used to be a buyer and/or stylist too, things started to go wrong when she got rid of all her youtube and turned into a professional sales person in Instagram for the kooky art teacher, who exclusively buys designer duds.

She's not a real celebrity, but has decided to try and portray herself as an a list star, no sharing anything interesting, just selling to her viewers. Faye needs to leave megs, George and their baby alone and concentrate on being young and fun in her socials. I don't personally want to see ads for baby stuff, even designer baby stuff. Now they can really have their own audiences...as long as Megan doesn't steal us all away first 😉 she's Likeable and aside from weirdly moving to Manchester from kent for no obvious reason (no bf/gf there, no mates there, didn't go to uni there etc. ) more relatable.

Gahhh I really miss Megs YouTube.

The way she talked about clothes - she used all the lingo but it didn't feel inaccessible/snooty. I learned so much about clothes and styling.

Hauls (rightly so) died a bit but I loved her showing us an item of clothing and then talking interestingly about how she would style it and then showing an example in a cut away shot/video.

Her 5 ways to wear or whatever number n title they were called were also ace.

Shop my wardrobe type videos she did a couple of times where she would choose one item and style it in a few different ways...

💭
😩

Reactions: 22
Gahhh I really miss Megs YouTube.

The way she talked about clothes - she used all the lingo but it didn't feel inaccessible/snooty. I learned so much about clothes and styling.

Hauls (rightly so) died a bit but I loved her showing us an item of clothing and then talking interestingly about how she would style it and then showing an example in a cut away shot/video.

Her 5 ways to wear or whatever number n title they were called were also ace.

Shop my wardrobe type videos she did a couple of times where she would choose one item and style it in a few different ways...

💭
😩
I miss them too, I’ve said it before but I owe a big party my style transformation to Megan. I guess people change, but it’s all been sucked out. I think what frustrates me is that she (and this was long before baby) doesn’t want to put in the work as she did before but reap the financial gain, if you want to keep things private, fine - but don’t reveal the private elements of your life only when you want to flog something - that’s so disingenuous-her comments are always so complimentary though, surely people can see what’s happening non?

Reactions: 16
Why is everything ‘oh so dreamy’ ‘oh so comfy’ like why does it all have to be so bleeping perfect and life is full of flowers. Such a fake

Reactions: 13
I’d love some real, honest content from Megan right now! I’m also a first time mom (my daughter is about 3 weeks younger than Goldie) and honestly, it’s awful seeing all the ‘oh so dreamy’ content. There are days where nothing goes right, baby is crying and you’re literally the most exhausted you’ve ever felt.
Surely every FTM with a newborn has had days where getting dressed before 3pm has not even been an option because baby doesn’t want to be put down, housework gets abandoned and you’re sick to death of changing your sanitary pad for what feels like the millionth day in a row 😂 (seriously why did nobody warn me of the extent of postpartum bleeding?!).On a serious note though, I’m sure so many followers would love some relatable content right now!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This will be an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Megan has any obligation to post about the struggles of motherhood. She has a right to keep things personal and private. It’s great that people like Liv Purvis are choosing to do so, I don’t think that’s an expectation we should be putting on everyone as people should be able to deal with difficult things however they choose. I don’t think we should be harsh on people for choosing to keep struggles personal! Sharing is brave, not sharing is a personal choice.

While it wouldn’t be great to pretend to be living a perfect life and suggest there’s no negatives, I don’t think that’s what she is doing. It’s obvious to me she is just keeping some stuff private and only choosing to highlight positives to keep her space an upbeat one. I’m not reading that as ‘my life is perfect’ but rather ‘I’m choosing to share stuff that is positive’ and I think most other interpretations are a bit unfair

Reactions: 21
This will be an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Megan has any obligation to post about the struggles of motherhood. She has a right to keep things personal and private. It’s great that people like Liv Purvis are choosing to do so, I don’t think that’s an expectation we should be putting on everyone as people should be able to deal with difficult things however they choose. I don’t think we should be harsh on people for choosing to keep struggles personal! Sharing is brave, not sharing is a personal choice.

While it wouldn’t be great to pretend to be living a perfect life and suggest there’s no negatives, I don’t think that’s what she is doing. It’s obvious to me she is just keeping some stuff private and only choosing to highlight positives to keep her space an upbeat one. I’m not reading that as ‘my life is perfect’ but rather ‘I’m choosing to share stuff that is positive’ and I think most other interpretations are a bit unfair
Despite my little rant, i do completely agree with you! Just to clarify, my post was definitely not bashing Meg for her decision to not post all aspects of her experience. It was literally just a little rant about how it can be difficult to not see much of that online 😊

Reactions: 8
Despite my little rant, i do completely agree with you! Just to clarify, my post was definitely not bashing Meg for her decision to not post all aspects of her experience. It was literally just a little rant about how it can be difficult to not see much of that online 😊
Of course - my post wasn’t directed you specifically at all - just generally something I’ve seen a lot on this thread (along with other things that mean I never post on this one 🥴)

Reactions: 4
I think it’s hard for her because sometimes she can’t win. She got slated on here for showing that she’s breastfeeding and if she saw things like that then she would probably be put off posting anything else.

For me the problem isn’t really that she doesn’t share the ‘real’ stuff, it’s that she seems to use it later on as an excuse/reason to pity her whenever she is getting a hard time from people. Like ‘oh well you don’t know what I was going through’. No of course we don’t. cause you claimed everything was ‘oh so dreamy’ whilst trying to sell us your lifestyle?

When she messed up big time around BLM she went silent for a month and then tried to make out like she was the victim and played that exact card- ‘you don’t know how hard I had it so leave me alone’. I just don’t really respect influencers when they try to portray a picture perfect lifestyle but later on try to claim it isn’t actually perfect, AFTER they’ve got us to buy all their crap. I don’t expect her to go in to enormous detail about stuff, it’s her life and I understand not wanting to share too much. But the odd ‘things are a bit meh these days so bear with me’ wouldn’t go amiss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.