Megan Ellaby #2 Coke all week, not just Saturday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted to add that I go to RCNQ (I don't get my hair done by Rob) and they're an absolutely lovely bunch. I don't want the salon and the actual nice people in there to get tarred by the same brush as him on here 😬

I respectfully disagree with some of the comments on here that the people in the salon are bitchy and clique-y and that you shouldn't go if you get anxious easily. I have anxiety and depression, and felt incredibly welcome by my stylist when I first started going there last year and am actually proud to say we're friends now. And I suck at making friends normally lol
Rob? 😂

Joke ofc

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Rob is horrendously pushy, I’ve felt that myself from him. He’s also made stylists have no work/social balance with his demands on them to stay late & work Sunday’s, he however never seems to be there 🤷🏻‍♀️ . The only nice stylist who has ever worked there is Dani, who left to do her own thing.

I also know someone who worked there and they said the place is horrible to work for due to the atmosphere.

Reactions: 7
Just read a review on google of RCNQ and there's a really looong review on there from a woman who says Rob butchered her hair (she posted pics and it looks awful) and said he needs to spend less time on instagram and more time working on his service 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just read a review on google of RCNQ and there's a really looong review on there from a woman who says Rob butchered her hair (she posted pics and it looks awful) and said he needs to spend less time on instagram and more time working on his service 🤣 🤣 🤣
Hes hid his reviews well, ha! I know its awful to judge him from his online presence but he seems like a knob. Ha

Reactions: 8
I really liked a few of her outfits from her insta stories today/yesterday - the black dress outfit was pretty and actually wearable (although obviously gifted 🙄) and the yellow suit was bold but cool, nice to see her actually taking some criticism on board and wearing M&S for a change! Although those LV shoes... 😱

Reactions: 9
I actually liked a couple of her recent outfits for the first time in ages!! The nice m&s pieces and black dress for example seemed a little less out there and more realistic. However, I'm sure I'm not alone in finding her content so samey??? I can't recall the last time I thought her content really stood out or interested me hugely, I'm actually way more engaged by Faye's stories and posts lately (!). Megan's posts/stories are just so repetitive and her '''activism''' on stories is so performative and always followed by some bullshit quote.

Love the RNCQ discussion!! I went once, was horrified by the prices, and was basically left in the basement salon for 6 hours. Such slow and meh service, pretty sure my stylist popped out for lunch in the middle. I would agree that it's super cliquey and uncomfortable, at least for your first time.

If you're looking for a salon in Manchester, I would really recommend Toni and Guy, way cheaper and lovely staff :)

Reactions: 6
However, I'm sure I'm not alone in finding her content so samey??? I can't recall the last time I thought her content really stood out or interested me hugely
She’s shot herself in the foot by removing anything remotely personal and real from her channels. Her content is now more boring than ever because she’s paranoid about saying the wrong thing or giving too much away.
All the posts and blogs now will be outfit after outfit, or “trendy” books or restaurants everyone already knows about. I think the outfit content has become even more irrelevant because most people don’t get dressed up at home or go swanning about at garden centres/Jimmy’s every day like she does.

Reactions: 20
I remember reading some of her old blog posts and (despite the poor grammar and spelling that litters all of them!) I enjoyed them, particularly the interiors ones. She did a few posts about the old house that were engaging and enjoyable to read, lots of photography and details about their choices and ideas. She did decorate that house so well and it had lots of personality about it - which is pretty rare in other Instagram interiors these days! I agree that she's done herself a disservice by cutting out all of that content now, especially what with having such a big house and so many rooms to decorate and experiment with... It's a shame that she seems to have lost her spark for it all, she could have done so much with the ellabode account and carried on with much more of a mix. Endless fashion posts just aren't going to cut it in the current climate (financially and environmentally!).

Reactions: 17
I wonder what the long game is as her posts are seeming really dry and as everyone’s pointed out the thing that made her stand out was her home account and personal life. Also her and Faye are morphing into one. She described in an old video how ‘different’ their styles were now they are literally wearing the same things and also their captions are even the same ‘bag of dreams... ‘ Etc... 🙄 Also the product is getting pricier and pricier. I feel like she’s winding down, she’s got more time on her hands to create content than ever and she’s barely bothering. She used to do those Friday skives and post about tv shows, films and other stuff but there’s not even any of that. It just feels like she can’t be arsed anymore.

Reactions: 18
Going back to the Helen Anderson thing, at the time I was also surprised. I watched Helen's vlogs and videos a lot and she seemed like a fan of Megan but it never seemed reciprocated.

I noticed though that Helen had a Lot more followers and her YouTube was way bigger than Megan's so wondered whether it just made business sense for Megan to work with her on that video where she went and stayed with her.

Also, Helen's half of the video was so so much better quality than Megan's. It really stood out. A while after, Megan made a comment about how good Helen's was and how she had inspired her to up her game but I never saw anything in line with that.

It seemed like Megan stopped bothering with Helen after that. Until she needed to promote her crappy jumpers n sent one to Helen to show off to her 300k followers n however many subscribers that is...

Going back to the Helen Anderson thing, at the time I was also surprised. I watched Helen's vlogs and videos a lot and she seemed like a fan of Megan but it never seemed reciprocated.

I noticed though that Helen had a Lot more followers and her YouTube was way bigger than Megan's so wondered whether it just made business sense for Megan to work with her on that video where she went and stayed with her.

Also, Helen's half of the video was so so much better quality than Megan's. It really stood out. A while after, Megan made a comment about how good Helen's was and how she had inspired her to up her game but I never saw anything in line with that.

It seemed like Megan stopped bothering with Helen after that. Until she needed to promote her crappy jumpers n sent one to Helen to show off to her 300k followers n however many subscribers that is...
I always assumed the two of them collaborating was an arrangement put together by Gleam with them both being signed to them...

I always assumed the two of them collaborating was an arrangement put together by Gleam with them both being signed to them...

Yes I thought this too, and that the time they randomly went to Zoella's house. Zoella and Alfie threw a bit of shade about George not long after so I suspect they didn't warm to him either! It was all obviously just prearranged Gleam stuff.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes I thought this too, and that the time they randomly went to Zoella's house. Zoella and Alfie threw a bit of shade about George not long after so I suspect they didn't warm to him either! It was all obviously just prearranged Gleam stuff.
Ooooo what was the shade???

Reactions: 6
My partner thought zoella and megan were the same person for years, still cant wrap his head around them not being the same person because they both apparently look the same. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My partner thought zoella and megan were the same person for years, still cant wrap his head around them not being the same person because they both apparently look the same. Haha
This is totally off topic, but your post reminded me of when my friend thought Mary-Kate and Ashley were three people: Mary, Kate, and Ashley. :ROFLMAO:

Soz for the derail. As you were!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I wonder what the long game is as her posts are seeming really dry and as everyone’s pointed out the thing that made her stand out was her home account and personal life. Also her and Faye are morphing into one. She described in an old video how ‘different’ their styles were now they are literally wearing the same things and also their captions are even the same ‘bag of dreams... ‘ Etc... 🙄 Also the product is getting pricier and pricier. I feel like she’s winding down, she’s got more time on her hands to create content than ever and she’s barely bothering. She used to do those Friday skives and post about tv shows, films and other stuff but there’s not even any of that. It just feels like she can’t be arsed anymore.
forgot about the friday skives, those were fab! surely a pandemic is the perfect time for that kind of content? really surprised that she's dropped so much good stuff lately.

Reactions: 15
They were laughing about ONO in one of their vlogs, and gave eachother a look that said they probably knew how much of a twit he was. It wasn't long after they'd been to their house and George was writing on every single one of their posts about it. Like, if Zoella posted a picture of her bath he would write 'can confirm that is a v big bath' or something and Megan would always like it but neither Alfie or Zoe would reply.... very cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Did anyone see the new Multibeam (lol sorry I can't with that name) promo video on Insta where they're basically fingering a grapefruit? 🤮 Who the duck came up with the creepy food videos to promote a rock band??

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.