McFly, McBusted and Wives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the previous subject of McFly books...did anyone ever read the unauthorised McBusted book?

I haven't read it myself, but I came across it somewhere a few years ago and had a flick through it. The dedication page left me a bit puzzled and none of my friends are into McFly/Busted anymore to chat to them about it...

The dedication at the start of the books said something along the lines of "To JB, thanks for the music" I was left thinking that the reference was about James, who goes by JB. And from my brief flicking through the book it felt like it focused more on James than the rest of the band, I could be wrong on that though. I looked up the author at the time to see who she was, her name is Jennifer Parker, which is the name of Marty McFly's girlfriend in the Back To The Feature movies. Even stranger, it says online "Jennifer Parker is a Sunday Times bestselling writer with more than a decade's experience in celebrity biography. She lives in London" but the only thing that comes up for her online is the McBusted book. I'm guessing the name was a pseudonym.

So, my questing is who wrote the book and dedicated it to James?
Unless James wrote it? 😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
On the previous subject of McFly books...did anyone ever read the unauthorised McBusted book?

I haven't read it myself, but I came across it somewhere a few years ago and had a flick through it. The dedication page left me a bit puzzled and none of my friends are into McFly/Busted anymore to chat to them about it...

The dedication at the start of the books said something along the lines of "To JB, thanks for the music" I was left thinking that the reference was about James, who goes by JB. And from my brief flicking through the book it felt like it focused more on James than the rest of the band, I could be wrong on that though. I looked up the author at the time to see who she was, her name is Jennifer Parker, which is the name of Marty McFly's girlfriend in the Back To The Feature movies. Even stranger, it says online "Jennifer Parker is a Sunday Times bestselling writer with more than a decade's experience in celebrity biography. She lives in London" but the only thing that comes up for her online is the McBusted book. I'm guessing the name was a pseudonym.

So, my question is who wrote the book and (possibly) dedicated it to James?
I did read the book and thought the author was more of a Busted fan than a McFly one.
Didn't realise the pseudonym thing 😆

Maybe James wrote the book!
He actually said he had started writing his autobiography 😆

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I did read the book and thought the author was more of a Busted fan than a McFly one.
Didn't realise the pseudonym thing 😆

He actually said he had started writing his autobiography 😆
Will be very short, I was in busted, we split up, went into supergroup mcbusted, then
Charlie wanted more money and came crawling back, now I’m in busted again 🤣🤣🤣
Oh and I now date a mcfly fan 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Guys, you can read a few pages of the book on Google!

It is very Obviously written by James 😂

If not, I'll buy everyone who likes this thread a bottle of wine 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Absolutely living for the tea on busted, well mainly James in this thread!

He was my fave when I was younger and loved Busted but I’ve vaguely noticed all the young girlfriends over the years. You can visit the Emily Canham thread for more tea but I’ve watched a few of her vlogs and their interaction is so weird - her birthday vlog especially is bizarre. I have no idea why the girl is even with him even if she is a McFlurry/busted fan!

He definitely just clings on to the past and wants to be relevant still. As a song writer, I’m sure he is absolutely minted (especially from the likes of the Jonas brothers covering year 3000) so he doesn’t need the money it’s clearly about the fame!

Not that arsed about mcfly, loved their old stuff but like many others I lost interest after all that super city tit. I remember hearing as well at their height of fame they never took photos or signed autographs for fans!

Reactions: 8
Absolutely living for the tea on busted, well mainly James in this thread!

He was my fave when I was younger and loved Busted but I’ve vaguely noticed all the young girlfriends over the years. You can visit the Emily Canham thread for more tea but I’ve watched a few of her vlogs and their interaction is so weird - her birthday vlog especially is bizarre. I have no idea why the girl is even with him even if she is a McFlurry/busted fan!

He definitely just clings on to the past and wants to be relevant still. As a song writer, I’m sure he is absolutely minted (especially from the likes of the Jonas brothers covering year 3000) so he doesn’t need the money it’s clearly about the fame!

Not that arsed about mcfly, loved their old stuff but like many others I lost interest after all that super city tit. I remember hearing as well at their height of fame they never took photos or signed autographs for fans!
I was definitely more of a Mcfly fan and met them quite a few times, always made time for us and had pics.

I don't follow any Busted anymore and I don't have a clue who James' GF is. I have nothing against age gaps, but that's a weird age gap :confused:

Reactions: 1
James seems stuck in perpetual teendom, which is his choice and privilege and it doesn't hurt anyone. Massive age and power imbalance with his girlfriends are worrying though, it seems a predatory. I do wonder if that is more to avoid the responsibility that comes with "grown up" relationships (I think a previous poster mentioned this.) Thing is, from what I gather he's doing pretty well from song writing and I'm sure there was a lot of praise for the musical he was involved in. He appears to be a pretty talented individual, but that doesn't seem to be enough. He's living a comfortable life, but just seems unfulfilled.

Reactions: 7
I am shook at the theory James wrote the McBusted book!

I always thought it was terribly written and thrown together by a fan, there is zero interesting content and no new information at all. How sad to ghost write your own biography, surely there would be more of a market for James' own story!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've looked up Jennifer Parker as a writer and the only thing I can get is that there is writer in Manhattan with the same name.

Sounds mean but I would find it highly unlikely she wrote that book.

From the preview I read on Google, it talks about James straight from the off in a lot of detail. Including something to do with getting his determination or something from his dad.

We know he's a massive fan of the BTTF as well so it kinda makes sense.

Very sad I agree.

I don't think it's a money thing. I said it before but I think he's delusional (hard for me to say as I was a huge fan) and still believes he's 21.

He's constantly trying to relive that time of his life and it seems like younger girlfriend's tolerate it for a time.

It does sound predatory and creepy. It makes me feel very uneasy, I won't lie.

Reactions: 5
Just read on Twitter that a new McFly song is coming out this Thursday. I also read their new album is coming out in November 🙂

I’ve just listened to Happiness.. what do you all think? I think it’s sweet and a grower... you can tell 3 of them are Dads now, deffo parent pop 😂

I’ve just listened to Happiness.. what do you all think? I think it’s sweet and a grower... you can tell 3 of them are Dads now, deffo parent pop 😂
I wanna know where the guitars are... I like it but it’s very “dad” and child friendly for a band who’s fans are in their 30s

Hmm not sure, I think I'm going to have to listen to it a few times before deciding lol

It’s alright I wouldn’t buy it but I wouldn’t turn it off it if came on the radio. However it does feel a little Lyrically basic in parts and the sort of track that would of been album filler a few years ago. For me it doesn’t have that lead single ooompf that would draw a casual listener to the album which I’m worried is going to be all over the place stylistically. Maybe a few more listens and I’ll change my mind but I dunno.

I also can picture some poor sod on strictly being given this as a samba song 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I agree it is a grower, I'm not a bit fan of the chorus as it reminds me of 'Love is Easy' which I am not a fan of but I do like the versus and the lyrics are great. Also agree that it is not a great lead single. But it's early dates, other bands I like have had comeback songs and at first I have been thinking like 'what the hell is that?', then you get used to the new sound.

I've pre-ordered the album and I am looking forward to it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.