Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Axatogrind

VIP Member
Blimey, I'd rather like McFly than be the person who appoints themself judge and jury over who's a real music fan 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

cobette

VIP Member
Matt is so full of charisma, I think he is fantastic whatever he does.

At the risk of sounding like a petulant teenager, I just can't forgive Charlie for leaving. I am (more than) a little mad at Matt and James for letting him come crawling back. Now that Charlie has had his pay day I think Busted are once again defunct and whilst Matt was probably more realistic about Charlie's motivations, this has probably come as a shock to James.

I felt for James for a long time; he is very talented and I feel like Charlie cheated him out of a wonderful career. A lot of time has past and I now think James needs to grow up and get over it. He makes me cringe now. So glad we didn't get married like I planned.

Night Driver was a fantastic album. Half Way There was embarrassing, I wanted album #3 in 2005, not 2019.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
View attachment 312318

If that’s accurate than they need to have word with themselves (or management) who actually approves this rubbish. Surly they realise this type of paid content is really quite dated (metallica and green day did away with their paid sites years ago). This is proof they’re about money now and nothing more. Using dougs struggles like they have also doesn’t sit well with me. Why do that to your friend.
They would better launching a Harry/Dougie/Danny OnlyFans page. That would be more worth paying for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I'm a casual Mcfly fan in terms of their music, but I always really liked the guys themselves when on TV so become more of a fan of them as personalities rather than the music.

I've unfollowed all but Harry now as I just didnt find the others content that interesting and Tom and his family just come across as too smug and preachy now.

Harry is someone I have shared interests with and I really related to his book a couple years ago. Plus he is fit as!! lol izzy does seem a bit vanilla and sickly sweet at times but I like her overall and their kids are just ridiculously adorable. However I'm not a fan of celebs using kids for cash particularly.

I have a lot of respect for Matt Willis, he has overcome a lot and again I feel shared interests with him. He has a great personality too and was a revelation in Wicked years ago
I really admire the Willis’ as they have actual boundaries between public personas and real life. They have never used their kids for attention unlike their good friends the Fletchers.

Reactions: 28

majestic26

VIP Member
Was anyone here on the original McFly Street Team? It was like a really early version of the Supercity - you signed up and they would send you flyers and you had to go out promoting McFly and they promised you amazing rewards for doing so. I recruited friends and handed out 5CIHH flyers every weekend in Manchester, then sent in proof of me doing it and waited excitedly to receive my amazing reward. I received... a McFly frisbee. 🙃 My 13-year-old self was pleased but looking back now, what a swizz! They just took it further with Supercity. Fans and their money are easily parted and McFly (or their management) always seemed super aware of that.

I went to one of their signings once (when I was a little older) and Dougie wrote 'nice boobs' on my CD sleeve. 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

nrs264

VIP Member
I've said it before ill say it again, if they want to do a cash grab get Harry Judd on Only Fans!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Anthem

Sorry. I’m a lurker but had to sign up to say how out of touch they are with this McFly All Access. I’ve been a huge fan since they supported Busted on tour etc, back in the day. I’m now nearly 30 and I’m fairly confident most of their fan base is made up of people like me. Mid 20s-30s. There’s no way they’ll have much interest from teens etc, they’ve been absent for years.

As an almost 30 year old there is absolutely no chance of me signing up to an streaming service dedicated to one band. Okay, sounds great when I was 15 but as an adult, with bills to pay, children to look after, etc? What am I going to get out of it? I don’t really care for seeing exclusive videos etc.

They don’t know their fan base at all. Three of them have families of their own, most of them have side projects, how much content are they realistically going to be able to make?

‘Tis clearly about the money, which is a shame but Tom especially has been a massive sell out for years now. My interest waned around the time they released some sort of special album and there was different versions with different costs, I dunno. Not feeling this at all.

And on the documentary, poor Dougie, making him the scapegoat for everything. Toms own mental health battles got totally brushed under the rug etc.

Reactions: 23

Too Much

VIP Member
I felt for James for a long time; he is very talented and I feel like Charlie cheated him out of a wonderful career. A lot of time has past and I now think James needs to grow up and get over it. He makes me cringe now. So glad we didn't get married like I planned.
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I bloody love Matt and Emma Willis. They are fantastic together and a real match. Definitely one of my favourite celeb couples.

• Heart

Lottieinthesuburbs

I don’t know if this is interesting to anyone but I live very close to Tom and Giovanna and see them around quite a lot. Have also seen Matt and Emma a couple of times (not with T&G) because they live relatively close by too. Have to say that Emma is seriously drop dead gorgeous in real life. No make up, hair scraped back and leggings on, and she still looks incredible. Friendly too. Matt very attractive too - is quite a big bloke, which I was surprised about. Tom seems very normal and friendly. Giovanna I didn’t recognise when I first saw her, she seems much shorter in real life. Gives off a bit of an important vibe unfortunately.

• Heart
No I can’t either made me laugh when she said I’m most well known for being an author or my podcast... no it’s being married to the man who sang his wedding speech from mcfly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19

bellbells16

VIP Member
Just to add to my post, been doing some lockdown boredom research and discovered Portia (James ex) was also a busted fan, and quite young too.

I'm sorry, but can't just be me that thinks there's an occuring pattern with his girlfriend's?

Seems creepy and weird. Is it some kind of ego boost for him??

I'm not hating on the guy but finding these things out is starting to make me feel a bit uneasy...
James’s girlfriends are discussed in detail over on Emily’s thread, but there’s a lot there so here’s a summary of his creepy dating history:

He dated an American girl called Gabby for 7 years, she was 16 when they started dating and he was 23. He broke up with her in 2014 when the McBusted tour started as he obviously didn’t want commitment which she wanted after 7 years and wanted to sleep around on tour. Within weeks he was dating Portia Conn who was 9 years younger than him and a really good friend of Gabbys. He was with Portia for about 2 years but they seemed to have a lot of issues and she was so young. Someone posted a podcast interview with her on YouTube and the relationship sounded like a mess. Then he broke up with her when he moved to LA and straight away he was with an American actress named Kiki who was 8 years younger than him. They we’re together for over a year but unlike the rest of them she seemed to have a life and career outside him so the theory is she dumped him and he didn’t take it well. Last but not least is Emily, who first met James after she stood outside the McBusted rehearsal studio for hours when she was 15 and did paid meet and greets with him. She’s now 23 and they’ve been together two years.

I used to like James but having so many young girlfriends is very creepy.

• Sick
Reactions: 19

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
AF878858-FCC7-466B-B007-6736A41AE99B.png

If that’s accurate than they need to have word with themselves (or management) who actually approves this rubbish. Surly they realise this type of paid content is really quite dated (metallica and green day did away with their paid sites years ago). This is proof they’re about money now and nothing more. Using dougs struggles like they have also doesn’t sit well with me. Why do that to your friend.

• Wow
Reactions: 18

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Whatever we do with the next thread title, PLEASE, can we call Busted Busted not McBusted. It's mildly irritated me for 50 pages. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I've never liked the concept of creating "tiers" of fans according to how much money you can get them to part with.

Reactions: 16