McFly, McBusted and Wives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you ! Can continue our discussion on here now .
Son of a dork, didn’t the guy with the blonde emo hair bail too. Just before a load of live shows as well. So they had to cancel and refund everyone . James seem to disappear to America shortly after . Then he did the whole techno music vibe . Not forgetting the musical loserville.

Reactions: 4
I saw one of the ex members of Son of Dork in the UK tour of American Idiot a dew years ago.

Reactions: 3
Son of Dorks album was Busteds next one, I can remember James wrote “Holly I’m The One” on a tour program during Busteds tour before the split - I saw it on a forum at the time.

I enjoy McFly and have seen them many times and enjoyed the first McBusted tour and it should of stayed as a fun tour and McFly should of continued to release their album that was due out at the time. I think they’ve left it way too long and people have moved on. I am excited to hear the songs though.

Reactions: 7
Thank you ! Can continue our discussion on here now .
Son of a dork, didn’t the guy with the blonde emo hair bail too. Just before a load of live shows as well. So they had to cancel and refund everyone . James seem to disappear to America shortly after . Then he did the whole techno music vibe . Not forgetting the musical loserville.
I think his name was was Dave...god how do I remember that?!? If my memory is correct James had a huge falling out with him, Dave locked them out of their band MySpace and put james’ mobile number online. They said they would continue without him but then James moved to America and they never did anything again. The funny thing is matt and emma willis are really good friends with Dave still??

I liked Red and Touch the Rain as I’d seen them sing them on a tour years ago then nothing came of them. I don’t think we got the real album songs though as album 6 was announced with a date or a release month if I remember.

Edit: Feb 2014 was release date.... https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a5...ted-remix-of-new-single-love-is-on-the-radio/
Yeah I remember hearing Red on the Keep Calm & Play Louder tour.
Was really strange as they were so close to releasing the album then no Mcfly & tons of solo projects came instead

My daughter loved Mcfly. We met them a few times and Danny was always the nicest, he and my husband often used to chat 😃.

Reactions: 6
Ah so happy to see this thread!

I was a big McFly fan and had tickets for this year's tour. However, I don't think their music has aged well and I only liked one of the Lost Songs, I couldn't even tell you the name so I can't have even liked it that much. Looking forward to the new music though.

I do wish they would stop skirting around the 'inter band tensions' and either shut up about it or spill the beans. It's as annoying as a cryptic FB post, but not quite as annoying as Tom and Gi with their bloody potatoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hi everyone! I’m mainly a lurker on this site, but wanted to share my opinion too.

I think the new album will probably flop. I mean, it won’t fail miserably, but as some of you already said, their golden days are over - I think they started going downhill with Above The Noise and the whole Supercity thingy. I must admit I subscribed to Supercity and also liked some of those songs when performed acoustically / live, but it didn’t seem right to me that they took that direction with their music. The film was cringey too, now that I think about it 😂...
In my opinion, their next mistake (in terms of the band’s direction, not the £££ that they made 😜) was leaving the McFly album to pursue McBusted. I stopped following them after that first tour and thought their songs weren’t good at all.
I was happy to hear that they had released an album from McFlys lost songs, but got disappointed again as I only liked Those Were The Days. It reminds me of Tom’s older songs.
Also agree with some of you regarding Danny’s voice. I love it particularly on Not Alone and Too Close for Comfort. I didn’t like much his released solo songs.

Now that I think about it, I remember he did Popstar to Opera Star back in the day, lasted 5 shows or so, and it was a shame he didn’t get further, it was super funny. This was around the time when Tom was on The Cube, Harry on Strictly and Dougie on I’m a Celeb.
I’m so curious about those tensions they referred to, maybe they had something to do with that. My theory is that maybe Danny felt left out as Harry went on to comment cricket and Tom and Dougie first wrote books, and afterwards Tom kept doing that and Dougie started modelling and being vocal about environmental issues?

Sorry about the super long post, needed to get it off my chest 😂.

Reactions: 8
Wouldn’t be surprised if the potatoes get a nod on the new album somewhere, maybe in the cover sleeve ‘dedicated to Gi and my boys, even if I do have to share my perfect Sunday roast potatoes with them’ 😂

I think the album will do alright and they’ll sell out whatever tour they announce - or do we think the autumn rescheduled dates will be respun to be a tour of this album? Will it even go ahead 😬 not sure I can see concerts happening this year!

I thought Izzy’s little mention of the new music on her stories today was lovely 😍

• Haha
I can’t believe the price of the tickets. I use to go to every concert back in the day and had every album. But when they announced this tour and I saw the price I thought not a chance .

I just don’t think there is a market for their music anymore. Dougie and Tom seemed to naturally gravitate to one another after they stopped doing Mcfly. I wonder if the other mcwives get on with Danny’s wife. There is a whole thread for her .

Reactions: 6
Hi everyone! I’m mainly a lurker on this site, but wanted to share my opinion too.

I think the new album will probably flop. I mean, it won’t fail miserably, but as some of you already said, their golden days are over - I think they started going downhill with Above The Noise and the whole Supercity thingy. I must admit I subscribed to Supercity and also liked some of those songs when performed acoustically / live, but it didn’t seem right to me that they took that direction with their music. The film was cringey too, now that I think about it 😂...
In my opinion, their next mistake (in terms of the band’s direction, not the £££ that they made 😜) was leaving the McFly album to pursue McBusted. I stopped following them after that first tour and thought their songs weren’t good at all.
I was happy to hear that they had released an album from McFlys lost songs, but got disappointed again as I only liked Those Were The Days. It reminds me of Tom’s older songs.
Also agree with some of you regarding Danny’s voice. I love it particularly on Not Alone and Too Close for Comfort. I didn’t like much his released solo songs.

Now that I think about it, I remember he did Popstar to Opera Star back in the day, lasted 5 shows or so, and it was a shame he didn’t get further, it was super funny. This was around the time when Tom was on The Cube, Harry on Strictly and Dougie on I’m a Celeb.
I’m so curious about those tensions they referred to, maybe they had something to do with that. My theory is that maybe Danny felt left out as Harry went on to comment cricket and Tom and Dougie first wrote books, and afterwards Tom kept doing that and Dougie started modelling and being vocal about environmental issues?

Sorry about the super long post, needed to get it off my chest 😂.
Super city, that was a Rip off - I only signed up and paid as I felt left out but there was nothing really going on for the money, there was nothing of interest. The odd unreleased demo in their rooms but no exclusive content really - just a quick way to earn money.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Super city, that was a Rip off - I only signed up and paid as I felt left out but there was nothing really going on for the money, there was nothing of interest. The odd unreleased demo in their rooms but no exclusive content really - just a quick way to earn money.
What was that even about ? I wouldn’t spend money signing up for it . I bought their album when they switched to the whole. Leather , goggles look. And barely even listened to it . But i did buy the band autobiography when it came out.

Reactions: 3
What was that even about ? I wouldn’t spend money signing up for it . I bought their album when they switched to the whole. Leather , goggles look. And barely even listened to it . But i did buy the band autobiography when it came out.
It was like a “cgi” virtual site - imagine like a virtual house / planet and you’d go in different rooms for different things. They all had their own room with private photos, unreleased demos, games etc. It was pointless for the money really.

you might be able to see bits on here if you’re one a desktop not mobile: https://web.archive.org/web/20110804005426/http://supercity.mcfly.com/html/rooms/hub

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don’t know who their target audience is with new music beyond Emily Canham!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.