McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree, I think people are giving Mcfly/Tom a bit too much credit. It was Busted who were the trailblazers. Initially mcfly were seen as somewhat of a busted imitation. Whenever there is a successful type of band/music there always follows a load of copycats trying to capitalise on the originals success. Busted splitting up did mcfly the world of good as they filled the gap busted left. Mcfly had the talent and charisma to back it up so I'm not saying they didn't deserve their success, but I don't think it's right to say they changed the direction pop music was going...Busted had already done that. Busted were also the more rebellious and unconventional band too when they first came out, like kids who formed a garage band. There was an edge and lack of polish that hadn't really been seen in boybands before
Completely agree. There would be no McFly without Busted. Busted we’re so completely different to all the other boy bands out there at the time. At the time boy bands were singing ballads and doing dance routines. Having 3 guys on stage with guitars targeting a teen audience was a huge move away from what was popular at that time and thus paved the way for a ton of bands after. The record label was looking for another busted almost straight away, that’s why the label put McFly together. McFly were a lot more polished when they launched. They were also greatly helped by the promo Busted did for them like being a support act and James even introduced their first live performance. I was a huge busted fan and then became a McFly fan because they promoted them so much.

And James was also the one who took Tom under his wing and taught him how to write songs. So no James, no Tom the songwriter, no McFly.

I think it’s also hard to compare the two because McFly have been a band for so long compared to Busted. Busted are often cited as huge inspiration to a lot of artists who came after because they really shuck up the music industry in the U.K. at the time.

I do stand by, if Busted stayed together McFly wouldn’t have hit as hard as they did. They would have been like The Vamps. The Vamps came at the wrong time really, Fletch etc got the Vamps to replace McFly like they did with Busted for younger kids to grow with them but McFly were still going strong, had they come out around after McBusted era The Vamps would of been huge esp as 1D ended too!
Yes! Busted were the main player for the management and record company. Once they split they put everything behind McFly. If they hadn’t split, McFly wouldn’t have gotten as much from them and wouldn’t have had the monopoly on that genre. They definitely benefited from the Busted connection and then them splitting so soon after. They were playing second fiddle to Busted.

Reactions: 7
[
wrong. Fletch had already left the previous management company, prestige management in 2013/2014 with mcfly which turned into mcbusted around that time and he created happy entertainment. The manager responsible for the vamps was richard rashman who co managed busted and mcfly with fletch. Rashman got a new personal manager after fletch left called joe O'neil who still manages the vamps to this day. fletch had nothing to do with the vamps. Fletch has always cared about genuine songwriting and talent and hence why it took him a while to find something credible after mcbusted which was chapter 13 who are now over but i think he still works with Tom from ch.13. Comparing mcfly to the vamps is wrong as the vamps got a record deal through being manufactured from the start by being hand picked, doing youtube covers and then on their first album they didn't even write any of the singles as they simply couldn't. Mcfly wrote everything themselves and knew the type of band they were.
Busted (The Termites), McFly, V and The Vamps were all manufactured by the same people… nothing about any of them were organic. James and Matt like to gloss over this and pretend they started Busted in Southend, they didn’t. Danny auditioned for V and Tom liked him for McFly as Tom was the managements little witch and secret Busted memver

Also, what you wrote is pretty what I said so no idea what you’re disagreeing with, McFlys management made The Vamps, wether Fletch had a part I don’t really care but they are a product of the same team and format hence the “etc” after his name. Busted are slightly different, they took them and changed the line up but Busted were manufactured by someone else previously!

McFly were lucky they they had Busteds co-lead writer who would have nurtured Danny and had James. Also, I don’t think it matters who writes what and song is a song doesn’t make you less of an Artist if someone else wrote it. Some of the biggest artists in the world never wrote a single lyric and are on a whole other level to McFly

Reactions: 1
Completely agree. There would be no McFly without Busted. Busted we’re so completely different to all the other boy bands out there at the time. At the time boy bands were singing ballads and doing dance routines. Having 3 guys on stage with guitars targeting a teen audience was a huge move away from what was popular at that time and thus paved the way for a ton of bands after. The record label was looking for another busted almost straight away, that’s why the label put McFly together. McFly were a lot more polished when they launched
But busted wouldn't have been as successful without Tom considering he cowrote a lot of their most popular songs. And bands like Green Day and Blink were already big if you're saying busted brought back guitar driven bands. Mcfly weren't put together because busted were a success. Mcfly was already happening in the background and Tom was keen to be in a band so him and James would continue writing for what would eventually become mcfly

But busted wouldn't have been as successful without Tom considering he cowrote a lot of their most popular songs. And bands like Green Day and Blink were already big if you're saying busted brought back guitar driven bands. Mcfly weren't put together because busted were a success. Mcfly was already happening in the background and Tom was keen to be in a band so him and James would continue writing for what would eventually become mcfly
Tom didn’t write on the first Busted album. I’m not saying busted brought back guitars, but in the UK pop scene they were completely different to what was popular at the time, especially for a teen market. Busted changed things. It’s one of the reasons why when V came along people were over that style of boyband.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Tom didn’t write on the first Busted album. I’m not saying busted brought back guitars, but in the UK pop scene they were completely different to what was popular at the time, especially for a teen market. Busted changed things. It’s one of the reasons why when V came along people were over that style of boyband.
I remember at the time Smash Hits etc was basically, Westlife, Steps, S Club, Atomic Kitten, A1, Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child etc I know for myself, Blink 182 etx was not in my sights as I was only watching and listening to pop and that’s all that’s was on Saturday TV. Busted did come in and smash the pop scene up a little, there was no one like them at that time in the pop world. I didn’t know anything about punk / rock etc at that time.

I do think it would of been interesting to see where Busted would go after APFE as SOD album was what James had written for Busted, they all sort of did their own thing on APFE so would of been interesting to see how that would of worked with Charlie working on Fightstar what the sound could of been! Defiantly a darker album I think!

Reactions: 5
I remember at the time Smash Hits etc was basically, Westlife, Steps, S Club, Atomic Kitten, A1, Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child etc I know for myself, Blink 182 etx was not in my sights as I was only watching and listening to pop and that’s all that’s was on Saturday TV. Busted did come in and smash the pop scene up a little, there was no one like them at that time in the pop world. I didn’t know anything about punk / rock etc at that time.

I do think it would of been interesting to see where Busted would go after APFE as SOD album was what James had written for Busted, they all sort of did their own thing on APFE so would of been interesting to see how that would of worked with Charlie working on Fightstar what the sound could of been! Defiantly a darker album I think!
I think if Charlie was at breaking point already with Busted, songs such as ‘Murdered In The Mosh’ and ‘Boy Band’ would have driven him over the edge 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Don’t care what all you miserable gets say, Busted are pretty good & I eagerly await whatever it is they come out with next! Charlie sounds great on The Masked Singer, & yes it’s probably something he wouldn’t dream of doing years ago, but he’s a father, & quite clearly grown up, so i imagine he’s doing it for his son, & a bit of publicity before Busted announce new music/tour.

• Haha
Don’t care what all you miserable gets say, Busted are pretty good & I eagerly await whatever it is they come out with next! Charlie sounds great on The Masked Singer, & yes it’s probably something he wouldn’t dream of doing years ago, but he’s a father, & quite clearly grown up, so i imagine he’s doing it for his son, & a bit of publicity before Busted announce new music/tour.
Well, you presumptuous get, I'm pretty sure everything you've just put has already been stated in this thread ;)
Busted have always been my favourite band.

No one is saying busted are the worst band or anything like that. People are only stating which of the two bands they prefer and why. It's just a discussion. Not to be taken as an argument

Reactions: 4
Wasn’t even discussing who was better more of, who opened the door and changed things

Anyway…. I never thought i’d hear Charlie sing Lion King but here we are! I think he could win it you know

So we know it's Charlie but can someone explain the song choices please? I really don't understand the clues 😂

So we know it's Charlie but can someone explain the song choices please? I really don't understand the clues 😂
I guess he sang "I cant wait to be king" was a hint to Charlies name. Cause King Charles (Same name) waited so long to be king

I believe his wife is from Kenya and they had a Kenya themed wedding with table names like simba and nala so could be that as well as someone mentioning above the ‘when we were lions’ link?

Has anyone here met them properly? What were they like? Who was friendly/least friendly?
I have. Harry was so lovely to me, Dougie and Tom both took photos with me but didn't really say anything! I tried talking to Tom and he blanked me. :ROFLMAO:

This was during the McBusted days, so I also met James and he was really nice too. Didn't get time to speak to Matt or Danny.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.