McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Danny and Harry in the studio again, no sign of Tom, who’s been spending his time drawing pictures of fruit instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
i wonder how dougs and toms relationship is. In that mini doc they did for the come back they said doug and tom's relationship was the problem in the band as they were so close. With doug and danny making the most of the studio carving their own songwriting/producing route working with other bands and artists, Harry only being needed for drums ever now and then and presenting The One Show, and Tom not being involved probably until it's single and album time, makes you question if their friendship is what it used to be. Then again they might all be in contact regularly behind the scenes, who knows.

Reactions: 5
I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I think McFLY would progress so much better musically as Danny, Dougie and Harry.

Reactions: 20
I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I think McFLY would progress so much better musically as Danny, Dougie and Harry.
No I agree entirely. Those three seems like they actually want to do it too. Last time I saw them (Hampton Court last year), Danny, Dougie and Harry looked like they were having a great time, Tom looked like he just wanted to get the job done, get in the car and get home.

Reactions: 9
I have a friend ( well met her via the street team) same age as me (40) but still acts like they are best thing since slice bread. What ever show they do, they are best etc n hates it if you say different on Facebook. Buys all the books even the wags books!
Who remembers when Danny’s sister supported them on a tour? I thought she was awful and was only there cos she was Danny’s sister! Said friend said she was Amazing and deserved to get a record deal! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
100%

the liverpool show in 2021 without Tom was the best McFly show I'd ever been to.
I went to that show as well and they had the replacement guitarist? My favourite show was the Nottingham show and it was literally just Danny, Dougie and Harry and it was the best show I'd ever been to for them. Dougie sang more, there was such a great vibe and Danny replaced the piano of Dragonball was guitar and it sounded amazing.
Tom will always be an important part of McFLY's history, that'll never be taken away from him, but it's obvious he's holding them back now.

Reactions: 7
I went to that show as well and they had the replacement guitarist? My favourite show was the Nottingham show and it was literally just Danny, Dougie and Harry and it was the best show I'd ever been to for them. Dougie sang more, there was such a great vibe and Danny replaced the piano of Dragonball was guitar and it sounded amazing.
Tom will always be an important part of McFLY's history, that'll never be taken away from him, but it's obvious he's holding them back now.
Yeah it was little Tom haha, he wasn't intrusive so I just pretend her wan't there aha

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Wow really?! This seems to be a common answer. Can I ask, in what ways was he rude?

Did he react to this?
So the nice guy persona is all an act?!
He was really rude to a like 10 year old kid who had made him something about some carrot joke from the mcbusted movie said he was sick of hearing about it already and then he didn’t even speak a word to any of us just stuck his head in for photos and couldn’t even crack a smile. This was outside of a radio station and there wasn’t many of us there and the rest all made the effort with everyone and spent ages taking photos and stuff with us

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Mcfly works better as a 4 imo. Danny is now a better songwriter than Tom and it would be cool to hear more of his writing on the new album. I don't think Mcfly would work long-term without Tom. Didn't Dougie struggle to sing Tom's parts after a while (I can't remember exactly what he said but he was relieved when tom was back. It was around the time chapter 13 tom was playing with them)

I think a lot of people preferred Dougie's version of POV 1) because it was different 2) because they knew it wouldn't happen again.

Side note it's great that Dougie's got more solos on the new album. There's something really unique about his writing that the others don't have

Reactions: 4
Mcfly works better as a 4 imo. Danny is now a better songwriter than Tom and it would be cool to hear more of his writing on the new album. I don't think Mcfly would work long-term without Tom. Didn't Dougie struggle to sing Tom's parts after a while (I can't remember exactly what he said but he was relieved when tom was back. It was around the time chapter 13 tom was playing with them)

I think a lot of people preferred Dougie's version of POV 1) because it was different 2) because they knew it wouldn't happen again.

Side note it's great that Dougie's got more solos on the new album. There's something really unique about his writing that the others don't have
I wouldn't say Danny's better or worse. He's more mainstream now probably and will have more contemporary ideas due to his understanding of producing. I'd say also, that Danny has a wider songwriting pallet than Tom now as he likes dance music, rock and roll, acoustic rock and lots of current mainstream tunes. Tom though as a songwriter in it's purest and most creative form (sitting at a piano or with an acoustic guitar), is probably stronger as he's also a multi-instrumentalist to a high standard all round. I think Tom's weakness is being locked into that Beatles/beachboys/Queen/disney/musical type songwriting and chord progressions and he always will be. When you watch live performances of she falls asleep, Little Joanna, McFly the musical for RAH show etc, that proves Tom's ability to be extremely creative and strong as a songwriter. The chords and melodies are Tom at his strongest.

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't say Danny's better or worse. He's more mainstream now probably and will have more contemporary ideas due to his understanding of producing. I'd say also, that Danny has a wider songwriting pallet than Tom now as he likes dance music, rock and roll, acoustic rock and lots of current mainstream tunes. Tom though as a songwriter in it's purest and most creative form (sitting at a piano or with an acoustic guitar), is probably stronger as he's also a multi-instrumentalist to a high standard all round. I think Tom's weakness is being locked into that Beatles/beachboys/Queen/disney/musical type songwriting and chord progressions and he always will be. When you watch live performances of she falls asleep, Little Joanna, McFly the musical for RAH show etc, that proves Tom's ability to be extremely creative and strong as a songwriter. The chords and melodies are Tom at his strongest.
I think the beauty of Tom's songwriting and being locked into 60s/70s music is that it always has that classic 2004 mcfly sound

I think the beauty of Tom's songwriting and being locked into 60s/70s music is that it always has that classic 2004 mcfly sound
absolutely. Tom spear headed pop music in the early to mid 2000's and was key in the music industry at the time. he also opened the door for mcfly to write for 1D by penning the song 'I Want' on up all night album in 2011. Again very 60's/Queen style. Could've been on a McFly album and the biggest boyband in the worlds A&R team used it on the debut album. A super talented guy and still is. I do understand everyone's frustration with Tom. It's a shame. McFly isn't his focus any more.

Reactions: 2
I think the negative comments are always one sided. Put aside their personalities for a second (because people seem to hate tom the most).. when Dougie put mcfly on hold to focus on acting, people blamed Tom. When Dougie spent the majority of his time in LA taking acting lessons, Tom was blamed because he was working on books at the same time

The guys plan mcfly work around their schedules. I know from a few people that went to the MTA studio that Tom and Harry would come and go because they'd have to pick their kids up from school. If there's a song they're recording it's easier to record it seperately depending on when they're free. Eg if Harry has other work commitments then he would only go in to record drums then leave

It looks like Danny and Dougie are the only ones that care from an outside POV because they only share videos of them at the studio but that's not true

Reactions: 2
absolutely. Tom spear headed pop music in the early to mid 2000's and was key in the music industry at the time. he also opened the door for mcfly to write for 1D by penning the song 'I Want' on up all night album in 2011. Again very 60's/Queen style. Could've been on a McFly album and the biggest boyband in the worlds A&R team used it on the debut album. A super talented guy and still is. I do understand everyone's frustration with Tom. It's a shame. McFly isn't his focus any more.
I think Tom and James are on a similar level writing, they can write great songs but just not for the current market. Which is why YDT wasn’t the best, one half of the songs were Tom driven and the other Danny and you can tell.

That space band ep is VERY Tom, i know it’s for kids but they are very much Tom songs that he’d write for McFly.

Dannys solo songs were so much better than YDT and I’m glad he brought some over to YDT and same with Doug brining YDT from INK.

Reactions: 6
Wow really? Just wondering, in what way?
Genuine question.
Mcfly made 'boybands' look silly as they played their own instruments and wrote their own songs. That for a teen gaged pop band that was very rare as you usually just have songwriters penning all your hits. The music industry is like a load of sheep. as soon as someone does something and it's successful the rest of the music world will follow. in wonderland there's orchestral music in She falls asleep, all about you, i wanna hold and more for example. Suddenly having strings in band music was accepted again. 5SOS, R5, 1D, The Vamps etc have all said how mcfly influenced them hugely even if it was several years later. My point being Tom was the main creative force behind McFly especially in those early days and he left a little legacy. He brought back 60s chords, melodies and harmonies. It was like a mini Beatles come back, musically. I remember so many young guys at school starting bands because of Mcfly.

---

Which songs?
YDT was an INK song originally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.