McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I went to see them last, they were joking about playing party girl and how nobody wants to hear it.

My dudes, I have seen you play the same songs 12 times now, I’ll take it!
They wouldn't know the lyrics 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I saw them for the first time in over 10 years at a summer show in 2021 and they played Don’t stop me now :cautious: all the songs they could have played instead

Reactions: 3
I saw them for the first time in over 10 years at a summer show in 2021 and they played Don’t stop me now :cautious: all the songs they could have played instead
Dougie said on discord that they had to take summer of 69 off the setlist because people were complaining

Screenshot_20230217-190738~2.png

There's a couple messages like this. I'm sure that was the song he said was replaced by don't stop me now (they wanted another cover song that non-fans would know)

I do find their social media so boring at the moment. Harry is always running, near enough every story. Tom is a stay at home dad, drawing on bananas in his country mansions. Danny is either in the gym, cooking or at MTA with Doug. They know how to keep their fan base entertained while we wait for the next album!

Reactions: 2
I do find their social media so boring at the moment. Harry is always running, near enough every story. Tom is a stay at home dad, drawing on bananas in his country mansions. Danny is either in the gym, cooking or at MTA with Doug. They know how to keep their fan base entertained while we wait for the next album!
Same. It's getting boring. Dougie and Danny are working on music for other artists. No snippets of anything. Tom is working on books aimed at kids so I have no interest. And harry is just running

Reactions: 1
Tom playing Old Macdonald with his chicken eggs, Harry still running, Danny cooking and Dougie is...who knows.
'The Lost Songs' was a result of them having songs written but never released for one reason or another. I hope these songs don't end up just on the scrap heap.

I mean, I'm not in a band, but surely when you write songs you'd be desperate to record them and release them as soon as possible. Then you'd be excited to play them live while they're 'hot off the press'. At this point, Danny should do a few solo shows just so he's not being wasted.

Reactions: 5
Probably being daft here but I can’t think of any lyrics in Summer of 69 people could possibly take offence to?
According to Bryan Adams (who came up with the title, wrote and performed the song) the number 69 is used in reference to sex, and not the year 1969:

“It’s a very simple song about looking back on the summertime and making love. For me, the ‘69 was a metaphor for making love not about the year. I had someone in Spain ask me once why I wrote the first line 'I had my first real sex dream’… I had to laugh.”

One of the last lines of the song “Me and my baby in a 69” supports the sex position statement, this was again confirmed by Bryan Adams-
‘69’ has nothing to do about a year, it has to do with a sexual position…At the end of the song, the lyric says that it’s me and my baby in a 69. You’d have to be pretty thick in the ears if you couldn’t get that lyric.

Didn’t they release what I go to school for in 2002 - so why are they claiming that it’s been 20 years THIS year?!

Reactions: 1
Makes sense. Lewis and Danny are friends...but what doesn't make sense is a 19 year old well established band agreeing to be a support act
Avril Lavigne who celebrated 20 years last year has sold over 100 million albums supported MGK last year. X

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.