McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is all so strange.
McFLY have a new album written, recorded and ready to go, yet they haven’t released it yet.
They aren’t announcing any new tours, instead they’re going to be a SUPPORT act.
Danny & Dougie are in the studio a lot, but not for their own music it seems…meanwhile, Harry is on some running retreat, and Tom is STILL drawing on fruit and messing about with books.
It’s not hard to see why the band fades out so easily.

Reactions: 4
It might actually be a clever move to gain new and younger fans if they have new music on the way. They’ve ended up becoming a nostalgia band and their fans are growing up so they’re struggling to sell out shows.

Reactions: 3
It might actually be a clever move to gain new and younger fans if they have new music on the way. They’ve ended up becoming a nostalgia band and their fans are growing up so they’re struggling to sell out shows.
I don’t think so, most people don’t ever care for support acts and the Venue is dead during that time mostly

Reactions: 1
I don’t think so, most people don’t ever care for support acts and the Venue is dead during that time mostly
I would make more of an effort if it was an artist id heard of though and the younger audiences parents might encourage them to get there earlier. I don’t see them being able to carry on with mcfly much longer if they don’t try and appeal to a new audience

Reactions: 2
This is all so strange.
McFLY have a new album written, recorded and ready to go, yet they haven’t released it yet.
They aren’t announcing any new tours, instead they’re going to be a SUPPORT act.
Danny & Dougie are in the studio a lot, but not for their own music it seems…meanwhile, Harry is on some running retreat, and Tom is STILL drawing on fruit and messing about with books.
It’s not hard to see why the band fades out so easily.
Dougie mentioned something recently about the album not being 100% ready for release. I don't think it's the actual music though. I think it's a label issue (but the last part is me assuming)

Makes sense. Lewis and Danny are friends...but what doesn't make sense is a 19 year old well established band agreeing to be a support act
A band being established doesn't mean they're the more prominent or successful act. If opening for an act will net them profits and have the possibility of extending their fan base, it'll likely be a good move.

At the present time, their fanbase doesn't seem to be growing, and they may be starting to hit an issue getting the necessary ticket sales for a tour to turn a good profit. This gets them fresh eyes on them, some media coverage, and some attention for connection with a currently successful musician.

Reactions: 5
A band being established doesn't mean they're the more prominent or successful act. If opening for an act will net them profits and have the possibility of extending their fan base, it'll likely be a good move.

At the present time, their fanbase doesn't seem to be growing, and they may be starting to hit an issue getting the necessary ticket sales for a tour to turn a good profit. This gets them fresh eyes on them, some media coverage, and some attention for connection with a currently successful musician.
It would help if they just had an inch of passion…. Then their fan base wouldn’t be leaving them and they wouldn’t need to find new fans. They are always just too late and lose momentum, probably doesn’t help that they are still managed by Fletch. They need new teams who are more in tune with the consumption of music these days. Happiness for example, released on a Thursday so only had 1 day in the charts for sales….. so dumb! All those sales are pretty much reset the following full week!

Also let’s not forget what they’ve done to their dedicated fan base, twice… super city and MTA… each one a slap in the face, how they still have loyalty from fans at this point is shocking!

Reactions: 7
It would help if they just had an inch of passion…. Then their fan base wouldn’t be leaving them and they wouldn’t need to find new fans. They are always just too late and lose momentum, probably doesn’t help that they are still managed by Fletch. They need new teams who are more in tune with the consumption of music these days. Happiness for example, released on a Thursday so only had 1 day in the charts for sales….. so dumb! All those sales are pretty much reset the following full week!

Also let’s not forget what they’ve done to their dedicated fan base, twice… super city and MTA… each one a slap in the face, how they still have loyalty from fans at this point is shocking!
Yeah it gets boring waiting for an album that was announced a year or so ago

Reactions: 2
Dougie mentioned something recently about the album not being 100% ready for release. I don't think it's the actual music though. I think it's a label issue (but the last part is me assuming)
but they released radioactive one their own. why is this any different? they either can't get a label to sign with or it isn't ready.

but they released radioactive one their own. why is this any different? they either can't get a label to sign with or it isn't ready.
That's what's confusing. They already have the album ready, and signed with a label here and in Brasil for this new album

Honestly, I'm leaning towards this as well. Being a support act is a great way to make a new audience - even if only 10% of the audience listens, that's still likely going to be new fans every night, and on an arena tour as well.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards this as well. Being a support act is a great way to make a new audience - even if only 10% of the audience listens, that's still likely going to be new fans every night, and on an arena tour as well.
It’s not arenas, is just the usual summer outdoor venues they usually do just supporting Lewis for 3 dates

I feel they got really lazy with setlists as well. Like they could cut a few of the singles and play more album tracks from time to time.
I get playing ‘the hits’ at festivals or whatever, but at McFLY shows I wish they’d change it up a bit.

I feel they got really lazy with setlists as well. Like they could cut a few of the singles and play more album tracks from time to time.
I get playing ‘the hits’ at festivals or whatever, but at McFLY shows I wish they’d change it up a bit.
Tbf a lot of bands end up doing that as well. But I do think they should swap the singles eg instead of Obviously, play I Wanna Hold You

I’d love them to do a “no singles” set list! 😂 I do agree the sets need a shake up, seen them lots of times now and I think a lot of people going to their gigs will have at this point too, so you kinda know what you’re getting.

I’d love them to do a “no singles” set list! 😂 I do agree the sets need a shake up, seen them lots of times now and I think a lot of people going to their gigs will have at this point too, so you kinda know what you’re getting.
That does not sound like a good sign. If you're relying on an established audience you should realise most will have paid to see you live before. Even the most devoted fans will eventually get sick of paying to see the same songs performed with no variation.

I will cry tears of joy the day they drop Shine A Light.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I will cry tears of joy the day they drop Shine A Light.
When I went to see them last, they were joking about playing party girl and how nobody wants to hear it.

My dudes, I have seen you play the same songs 12 times now, I’ll take it!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.