McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t they release what I go to school for in 2002 - so why are they claiming that it’s been 20 years THIS year?!
I think their first tour was in 2003 so this year is the 20th year since then. I guess they're celebrating that as well to keep the anniversary hype going for as long as they can. Anniversaries are a good way to get the public nostalgic and streaming old music- it's definitely worked on me, had almost forgotten about Busted until last year but they ended up top on my 2022 Spotify Wrapped 😂

Reactions: 1
Didn't she also disappear for years until Travis Barker brought her career back from the dead
She had albums out but they didn't really do too well in the UK & US compared to her earlier stuff. Seemingly Asia and Japan in particular are huge fans so she focused on there for a few years.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone seen the TikTok Charlie made with the rhino mask thanking his fans for their comments every week.
Then James has done with a hand bag on his head mimicking Charlie with Charlie’s song over the top. JB has to make everything about himself , can’t just say congratulations mate .

charlies voice is and always has been the best voice . Matts voice has got better and surprised me on the new album. James’s voice is still that high pitched whiny 2000’s voice . He just pisses me off .

Reactions: 17
Comments in a news article...people are saying Charlie has proved he's better than busted after winning and hope he does more solo music instead of busted

Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen the TikTok Charlie made with the rhino mask thanking his fans for their comments every week.
Then James has done with a hand bag on his head mimicking Charlie with Charlie’s song over the top. JB has to make everything about himself , can’t just say congratulations mate .

charlies voice is and always has been the best voice . Matts voice has got better and surprised me on the new album. James’s voice is still that high pitched whiny 2000’s voice . He just pisses me off .

He just can’t let anyone else have their moment, when Charlie was revealed he immediately tweeted “hardest secret I’ve ever had to keep” beyond irritating.

Reactions: 14
Comments in a news article...people are saying Charlie has proved he's better than busted after winning and hope he does more solo music instead of busted
See Charlie is probably a better songwriter on his own, and you could prefer his music, but Busted will always be bigger. If Charlie does a solo tour, it would only reach certain venues, whereas Busted could do arenas. Nostalgic acts can only go far, but Busted could potentially do another album.

Tom Fletcher irritation of the day: Announcing a Christmas book in FEBRUARY.
He is seriously killing McFLY at this point all over again.
I'd rather McFLY as a band say, look the album will be release either in say, September, or before so then it's like right okay we have an actual intention to release new music here. Like a few of you have said above, we see Danny and Dougie in the studio but there's no indication what that's ever for.

Reactions: 7
See Charlie is probably a better songwriter on his own, and you could prefer his music, but Busted will always be bigger. If Charlie does a solo tour, it would only reach certain venues, whereas Busted could do arenas. Nostalgic acts can only go far, but Busted could potentially do another album.

I'd rather McFLY as a band say, look the album will be release either in say, September, or before so then it's like right okay we have an actual intention to release new music here. Like a few of you have said above, we see Danny and Dougie in the studio but there's no indication what that's ever for.
It is frustrating. Busted will announce a new album before McFly at this rate. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes though re planning release dates and tours. Give it until mid to end of March and hopefully we get an announcement then. Dan and Doug are co-writing and producing with middle of the road artists that are up and coming. it's really decent of them tbf instead of just writing with mainstream artists.

Reactions: 2
It is frustrating. Busted will announce a new album before McFly at this rate. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes though re planning release dates and tours. Give it until mid to end of March and hopefully we get an announcement then. Dan and Doug are co-writing and producing with middle of the road artists that are up and coming. it's really decent of them tbf instead of just writing with mainstream artists.
Tbh, I wish they’d work with new writers themselves at this point. Inject some new life into McFly

Reactions: 4
I'm pleased that Dougie and Danny are working together though - Dougie has always seemed abit lost away from the band. It makes sense though because they were such a big part of him growing up and going into adulthood.

Reactions: 8
We waited how ever long for album 6 and I think it was disappointing,, Hope album 7 isn't and they need to announce somehing anything to just keep us going.

Reactions: 3
We waited how ever long for album 6 and I think it was disappointing,, Hope album 7 isn't and they need to announce somehing anything to just keep us going.
I remember when ATN was released and they said then they felt like the gap was too long and fans lost interest. The same thing has happened, what they should have done is end MTA about a month before the first single. All I see is no commitment and MTA ending is proof of that, only Doug had interest in interacting with fans!

Reactions: 5
Tbh, I wish they’d work with new writers themselves at this point. Inject some new life into McFly
I agree with you but they already have. That RAT boy and mark hoppus. They also worked with dallas austin on ATN and in my opinion ATN and YDT are their weakest albums. I think they write better when it's just the 4 of them. MITO and RA are really just them 4 and they are great albums!

Reactions: 2

Tom writing a book is not the reason for the album being delayed. Danny and Dougie aren't working on mcfly music in the studio. They are working on music for other artists.

The album will be coming out this year. It's just not 100% there yet. We can't expect the guys to put their life on hold and stop doing other jobs eg working for other artists or writing a book to fill the time

Tom writing a book is not the reason for the album being delayed. Danny and Dougie aren't working on mcfly music in the studio. They are working on music for other artists.

The album will be coming out this year. It's just not 100% there yet. We can't expect the guys to put their life on hold and stop doing other jobs eg working for other artists or writing a book to fill the time
But what jobs though? McFly is their job. Doing stints presenting the One Show, working with unknown artists and another dinosaur that shat the world book shouldn’t stop McFly. If they wanted it out, it’d be out. They finished it, must be coming up to a year now? It’s like album 6 all over again…. Fans are asking for music and they can’t be arsed.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But what jobs though? McFly is their job. Doing stints presenting the One Show, working with unknown artists and another dinosaur that shat the world book shouldn’t stop McFly. If they wanted it out, it’d be out. They finished it, must be coming up to a year now? It’s like album 6 all over again…. Fans are asking for music and they can’t be arsed.
There are other things to sort out when music is released. It's not just a case of a band records then releases an album. Sounds like they're waiting for the label to get the ball rolling

Mcfly working on other things besides the band is common. Everyone does it. Why would they rely on one source of income. eg Bieber has a clothing line but that doesn't stop him working on music whenever he wants

And they've earned their money. If they want to start doing other things just for the fun of it then they can

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
There are other things to sort out when music is released. It's not just a case of a band records then releases an album. Sounds like they're waiting for the label to get the ball rolling

Mcfly working on other things besides the band is common. Everyone does it. Why would they rely on one source of income. eg Bieber has a clothing line but that doesn't stop him working on music whenever he wants

And they've earned their money. If they want to start doing other things just for the fun of it then they can
Yeah of course, and it's healthy for musicians to explore other avenues of income, as well as other hobbies.
My problem is the fact this album is ready to go, and has been for some time, yet they don't seem to be prioritising it.
Part of the reason, in fact, the ONLY reason they have their wealth, and fame is because of the band. They need to be more pro active with their marketing, fan engagement and overall communication.
In regards what you said before, no Tom writing books isn't the reason the album is delayed, I'm not saying that. I'm just annoyed that he seems happy to sit on the album without any urgency to release it, yet has no problem releasing the Dinosaur that shat a spaceship or whatever. In fact, he seems more focused on releasing those books, more so than finding McFLY any sort of record deal/label to release the music.

I'm happy for them that they have other interests, but they have to prioritise their music. All we want as McFLY fans, is McFLY music.

Reactions: 6
Yeah of course, and it's healthy for musicians to explore other avenues of income, as well as other hobbies.
My problem is the fact this album is ready to go, and has been for some time, yet they don't seem to be prioritising it.
Part of the reason, in fact, the ONLY reason they have their wealth, and fame is because of the band. They need to be more pro active with their marketing, fan engagement and overall communication.
In regards what you said before, no Tom writing books isn't the reason the album is delayed, I'm not saying that. I'm just annoyed that he seems happy to sit on the album without any urgency to release it, yet has no problem releasing the Dinosaur that shat a spaceship or whatever. In fact, he seems more focused on releasing those books, more so than finding McFLY any sort of record deal/label to release the music.

I'm happy for them that they have other interests, but they have to prioritise their music. All we want as McFLY fans, is McFLY music.
Mcflys contribution is all done and signed off. I genuinely think everything else is out of their control now in terms of release date. From the way Dougie describes it on discord it's the label delaying things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.