McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly think Matt and Charlie have no interested and James is sharing all this to try and put pressure on them, it’s really cringe.
If that is the case, then that’s really sad. I’d love a Busted comeback, but not a forced one.
I have a feeling when Charlie went to visit James a few months ago to celebrate 20 years they discussed a new album so it’s very much in the works.

I don't think mcfly will ever be as big as they once were, and they say they aren't doing songs for the radio anymore...yet every album they release mediocre songs like happiness to get on the radio. If they stick to what their fans actually want and want they actually want to make then they would be more successful and respected as musicians imo

Reactions: 12
How we consume music has changed, the formula of secrecy, surprise we’re back with a single (that is made purely for radio not fans) and an album out in November just doesn’t work anymore.

The biggest hits these days are ones where snippets have been put in TikTok weeks before, all artists do it. Charlie Puth is great at this one of pretending he’s just come up with a song and, watch me make it… then releases it once it’s got so many views and people are excited for it.

McFly give me a cba vibe… they don’t seem all in. Like they have more exciting things to do! It seems that Danny and Doug mainly use the MTA studio (that fans paid for) to record other bands in or game.

Reactions: 9
I have a suspicion that they don't want to officially break up so they can still rinse the fans with the occasional music drop, the subscription service and maybe a tour if they can be bothered/need the cash. They also don't want to alienate anyone who may vote for them on some reality show.

They all seem completely tuned out of mcfly and have moved on.

Reactions: 7
Is this the first time Matt has shown Izzy??? I don’t think I’ve seen her before? She’s so pretty… great genes though from both sides to it was inevitable haha!

Reactions: 2
Is this the first time Matt has shown Izzy??? I don’t think I’ve seen her before? She’s so pretty… great genes though from both sides to it was inevitable haha!

Also how STUNNING is Emma Willis?
No make up on and she looks abut 25

Reactions: 6
I have a suspicion that they don't want to officially break up so they can still rinse the fans with the occasional music drop, the subscription service and maybe a tour if they can be bothered/need the cash. They also don't want to alienate anyone who may vote for them on some reality show.

They all seem completely tuned out of mcfly and have moved on.
I think they genuinely enjoy making music and playing live but they have no idea how to market themselves. It's nothing like it was in 2004-2006. They need to hire a better team who know what people want and what will work in order to get their music heard by new fans

One of the reasons Dougie turned to INK was because mcfly wasn't going anywhere. It became about touring the same music year after year

Reactions: 3
I think they genuinely enjoy making music and playing live but they have no idea how to market themselves. It's nothing like it was in 2004-2006. They need to hire a better team who know what people want and what will work in order to get their music heard by new fans

One of the reasons Dougie turned to INK was because mcfly wasn't going anywhere. It became about touring the same music year after year
they should have invested more in the international fan base (excluding South America), that's one of their biggest mistake imo

He replied back to a comment saying that she’s his niece

Reactions: 1
On Busted: The fact that Matt is now hinting at it, following Charlie posting a picture of him and James would indicate to me that something’s in the works 😃

McFLY wise: I think I’ve said this before but the harsh reality is that Tom is holding them back from music. He is SO desperate to promote ‘brand Fletcher’, he always makes the band take a back seat. As mentioned up there Dougie just wanted to play so turned to INK, and Danny recorded some solo music and went on a mini tour of his own. Musically I think Tom’s writing is way too radio desperate, whereas what Danny’s coming up with is stuff actual fans will enjoy.
His selfishness to do Strictly during the Young Dumb Thrills tour speaks volumes, and look what happened there.
They are all occupied in different directions and the band’s promotion, marketing and everything suffers, and they become complacent.

Reactions: 11
On Busted: The fact that Matt is now hinting at it, following Charlie posting a picture of him and James would indicate to me that something’s in the works 😃

McFLY wise: I think I’ve said this before but the harsh reality is that Tom is holding them back from music. He is SO desperate to promote ‘brand Fletcher’, he always makes the band take a back seat. As mentioned up there Dougie just wanted to play so turned to INK, and Danny recorded some solo music and went on a mini tour of his own. Musically I think Tom’s writing is way too radio desperate, whereas what Danny’s coming up with is stuff actual fans will enjoy.
His selfishness to do Strictly during the Young Dumb Thrills tour speaks volumes, and look what happened there.
They are all occupied in different directions and the band’s promotion, marketing and everything suffers, and they become complacent.
I wouldn’t say that Tom is desperate to promote “brand Fletcher” over anything to do with the band - over the last year he doesn’t seem to want to do anything at all.

From what I've read on here mcfly finished the album a number of months ago so there has been some time since where it's been mastered and mixed which doesn't really require all members to be there. Danny is very strong in this field having co produced the album most likely with jason perry and doug is his studio side kick. Harry doesn't really need to be around post album completion until it's promo time and Tom is super creative and I believe his side projects are a must otherwise he gets depressed and his mental health kicks in. That being said I hope the album is stronger than YDT or I'm gunna start feeling less excited about them as a creative force. It will be mcfly heavy this year for all of them and i can see another tour being announced to tour the album after its release for either the end of this year or feb/march 2024.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t say that Tom is desperate to promote “brand Fletcher” over anything to do with the band - over the last year he doesn’t seem to want to do anything at all.
Writing books, book signings and movie premieres is all he seems to do. Other than that it’s all about his kids playing instruments, him and his wife dressing slightly similar and to watch her new show with the occasional ‘isn’t my sister talented’ post.

Reactions: 5
From what I've read on here mcfly finished the album a number of months ago so there has been some time since where it's been mastered and mixed which doesn't really require all members to be there. Danny is very strong in this field having co produced the album most likely with jason perry and doug is his studio side kick. Harry doesn't really need to be around post album completion until it's promo time and Tom is super creative and I believe his side projects are a must otherwise he gets depressed and his mental health kicks in. That being said I hope the album is stronger than YDT or I'm gunna start feeling less excited about them as a creative force. It will be mcfly heavy this year for all of them and i can see another tour being announced to tour the album after its release for either the end of this year or feb/march 2024.
Album will be released this year. They have boxes of the new vinyl at the MTA studio

Reactions: 4
I also think this ‘12 Days of Gigmas’ thing they’re doing on social media atm will end with an announcement of a new album/tour.

Still makes me pissed that Tom got covid during this time and made him miss 2? Dates at the end of tour.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.