Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The story that he dumped her two weeks is almost certainly false. Enough people have said there she did an instagram story from his bedroom last Thursday for me to believe that's accurate so they were still together then. The press either made it up or (as I believe) it's planted story by her management, they definitely have form for it It's actually eerie just how familiar this all is from the clearly planted press stories to her toxic fanbase's response. Even her story were it seemed to hint they were back together has been done before in a previous break up. She knows it's going to get press attention.

Or he was just being nice to his girlfriend? I suspect their over the top public shows or affection are for the 'gram more than anything else but they are both complicit in that. The kind of gas lighting behavior you're suggesting here is coercive control which is a big thing to throw out there about someone simply doing nice things. True, Giovanni doesn't seem like the settling down type but this seems like an especially short lived 'relationship' even by his standards. d I don't think it's fair to just assume he was the problem.
I doubt Maura and Giovanni planted the story about two week break up. She reposted Francesca and her outfit if that’s the story from his? Both had stories up shopping and having dinner on the Sunday of movie week on strictly and the grid pics got removed the following Sunday night, I wouldn’t call that 2 weeks. The stories saying she unfollowed and re-followed makes her look like a clown, I doubt that came from her manager. If you go onto anyones list who follows him and type his first name it doesn’t show up, boom story created with the unfollowing. Did Maura plant the story that she’s jealous of Rose? I’ll say it she would look awful omgggggg imagine being jealous of a deaf person learning to dance.. No again who did that one come from?

I don’t see the length of the 4 month relationship any different to his previous. Georgia 5 months, Jess 6 months and Ashley was 14 months. Not here to judge he can date whoever he wants for however long he wants to, just you making out this relationship was extremely shorter, when it wasn’t. he’s not to blame and Maura isn’t unlike what your suggesting.

Both haven’t unfollowed each other or bad mouthed each other.. yet.. the relationship is over and maybe they will act like adults.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'm not suggesting that Maura and Giovanni planted the story about a secret dumping two weeks ago. After all why would Giovanni and his people be complicit in planting a story which would make him look bad? I do however think it was Maura's management on their own as a way spin the break up in her favour.

I don't think all the stories that are swirling around are planted by her management. Stuff like her not being able to handle his close relationship with Rose seems like the usual made up tabloid nonsense. Such stories are sadly inevitable given Strictly's history with 'curses' and what a popular pairing Rose and Giovanni have been. Then again maybe there's some truth in it, after all Maura was on the other end of that situation herself when she was on Dancing On Ice.

Still almost all the stories about their relationship (before we even properly knew there was one) have strong whiff of promoting Maura that it's hard not to think her PR people were not behind them and likewise almost all the break up stories seem to favour her heavily. This is pretty standard for her relationships hence why they come off more PR stunts than real to a lot of people.

I thought Georgia May Foot and Giovanni lasted longer than 5 months. Perhaps my head went to the rumours there was a romance while they actually partnered on Strictly. Still whatever caused his break up with Maura seems to have very abrupt. I imagine Maura will almost always come ahead of her exes in the court of public opinion but I think she's learned that personally airing her dirty laundry in public is never a good look.

Reactions: 3
I'm not suggesting that Maura and Giovanni planted the story about a secret dumping two weeks ago. After all why would Giovanni and his people be complicit in planting a story which would make him look bad? I do however think it was Maura's management on their own as a way spin the break up in her favour.

I don't think all the stories that are swirling around are planted by her management. Stuff like her not being able to handle his close relationship with Rose seems like the usual made up tabloid nonsense. Such stories are sadly inevitable given Strictly's history with 'curses' and what a popular pairing Rose and Giovanni have been. Then again maybe there's some truth in it, after all Maura was on the other end of that situation herself when she was on Dancing On Ice.

Still almost all the stories about their relationship (before we even properly knew there was one) have strong whiff of promoting Maura that it's hard not to think her PR people were not behind them and likewise almost all the break up stories seem to favour her heavily. This is pretty standard for her relationships hence why they come off more PR stunts than real to a lot of people.

I thought Georgia May Foot and Giovanni lasted longer than 5 months. Perhaps my head went to the rumours there was a romance while they actually partnered on Strictly. Still whatever caused his break up with Maura seems to have very abrupt. I imagine Maura will almost always come ahead of her exes in the court of public opinion but I think she's learned that personally airing her dirty laundry in public is never a good look.
At the start I can see how some were more in her favour. Now that both haven’t given answers to the break up, which is upto them but from a media point they usually hound for it. The 2 week story made them both look awful and good from what I take from it. I agree Strictly curse will forever be spoken and most know it’s just what it is.

I thought it would be longer but then I remembered Georgia was with Sean when she was partnered with Gio on strictly. Both claim they dated from a certain date making it 5 months. Not sure on that, women get shamed more when relationships break down more than men. Seeing how tragic these relationships go makes me more grateful of mine.

Reactions: 4
These relationships could be purely business as well… anything to stay relevant and get people speculating

Reactions: 2
These relationships could be purely business as well… anything to stay relevant and get people speculating
Well they've gotta keep themselves relevant particularly Maura at Giovanni has strictly but she can't live on LI and glow up Ireland forever

I’d be surprised if she gets anymore presenting gigs after glow up Ireland tbh

Reactions: 6
Tv wise I can’t see Maura going on something like ‘ex on the beach’ but I would imagine plenty of islanders are stuck doing dating shows...

Reactions: 3
Maybe Maura would get a gig as a showbiz correspondent for the likes of the Maura and daithi show… you know one of those shoes that no one watches…. Can’t see her doing much in the uk.

• Haha
she would have to do what the others do. load up on the ads and say yes to every single tv appearance. itv2&itvbe dedication in creating the whackiest shows purposely for them. Gio has a good gig on strictly and should stick with that. His tours not sure how much money they make from tours when they don’t sell out often but still something else to keep busy. The dancers that leave strictly must regret it

Tv wise I can’t see Maura going on something like ‘ex on the beach’ but I would imagine plenty of islanders are stuck doing dating shows...
We know Maura has something coming up TV wise...as she literally showed herself signing a contract for a tv show on her insta stories (while covering the shows name). Likely won't be a dating show either (as she signed it while she was still with Gio).

I'm hoping it's not 'I'm A Celeb' (despite her being rumoured...again)..

..as she said herself, she thought she'd be awful on it ...

..and if you know that yourself, it's better not to do it (no matter how hard your agents might push). Well, unless you have a bunch of hypnosis to get over your phobias pre-show.😁 I'm surprised Gemma Collins ever got a days work again on ITV after her disastrous stint on it.

I think there might be a far bigger focus for her in regards to modelling coming up, as she recently followed/is followed by people involved with a big firm called Elite World Group/Elite Model Mangement...both a talent manager for the UK side and a person who runs PR for them, she was even watching a show on Netflix starring the US CEO of the group and praising her up.

Reactions: 1
Sorry but she needs to ditch the fringe!
Pretty sure it's just a fake one, for one night only (her stylist usually tries to go for a different hairstyle every time).

I thought she pulled it off decently (as fringes go)......although I don't tend to like fringes on women as a general rule.

I'm always suspicious of any women who encourages another to get a fringe, as I'm convinced its nearly always a devious ploy to make them look worse. :cautious:

I could see maura doing bbcs glow up hosting instead of stacey because she is so boring on it
No I couldn’t, not with her accent and the pronunciation. I can see Maura taking part in tv shows and just the usual Instagram collabs. Stacey doesn’t do it anymore, Maya Jama replaced her. I’m not keen on Stacey but I preferred it with her hosting.

No I couldn’t, not with her accent and the pronunciation. I can see Maura taking part in tv shows and just the usual Instagram collabs. Stacey doesn’t do it anymore, Maya Jama replaced her. I’m not keen on Stacey but I preferred it with her hosting.
Imagine her “dis, dat, dese and dose” 🥴 awful annunciation and before anyone comes for me I am not insulting her accent I am Irish myself!

Reactions: 9
Giovanni has confirmed the split!
I do quite like Maura so maybe I’m biased but that speech he put up is a load of tit he comes across so self righteous. “I know you’re interested in me but there are more important things in the world than me ” WE bleeping KNOW THAT 🤣 I think I speak for the most of us when I say that I don’t really care about these peoples lives, but it’s a welcome escape and distraction for all the sad things in the world

Reactions: 6