Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's more of a case that she wants to look loved up and in a perfect relationship to the outside world. Granted, every one wants to look as if they are living their best lives on instagram but I do think she takes it to another level and tries to rope her fellas in to charade. That's why it's always a shock to most of her stans when these relationships finish. It all seems so confusing and abrupt when in reality the relationship was probably flawed from the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I think it's more of a case that she wants to look loved up and in a perfect relationship to the outside world. Granted, every one wants to look as if they are living their best lives on instagram but I do think she takes it to another level and tries to rope her fellas in to charade. That's why it's always a shock to most of her stans when these relationships finish. It all seems so confusing and abrupt when in reality the relationship was probably flawed from the beginning.
To be fair,with Curtis & Chris, the signs were obviously there. ..with Giovanni not so much.

Curtis and her not being together on Valentines, big row at the NTAS where he was carried out drunk and she left earlier in the evening, him no longer at the Dancing On Ice live shows.

With Chris, Maura was staying in Manchester for about a month with Molly... and Chris put up an insta post with a pic of them together, saying "sorry for being a bellend" a week before they split.

..while Giovanni, was leaving her notes saying "love you forever" 2 weeks ago, and posting pics of them cuddling last week :unsure:(still, 'forever' only being a fortnight, makes eternal damnation seem less of a chore😁). So the falling out must have been fast.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Giovanni is ridiculous, I don't know what the ladies see in him, sorry to be mean. He reminds me of a smarmy Italian waiter!

Reactions: 22
To be fair,with Curtis & Chris, the signs were obviously there. ..with Giovanni not so much.

Curtis and her not being together on Valentines, big row at the NTAS where he was carried out drunk and she left earlier in the evening, him no longer at the Dancing On Ice live shows.

With Chris, Maura was staying in Manchester for about a month with Molly... and Chris put up an insta post with a pic of them together, saying "sorry for being a bellend" a week before they split.

..while Giovanni, was leaving her notes saying "love you forever" 2 weeks ago, and posting pics of them cuddling last week :unsure:(still, 'forever' only being a fortnight, makes eternal damnation seem less of a chore😁). So the falling out must have been fast.
I do find Giovanni one those blokes who thinks they're be all and end all, so could imagine a little tiff being a huge thing with him. Curtis just made me cringe even on LI with him and Amy the red flags were there did everything together then binned proper gaslighter he is. Chris well he needs to grow up being the fool isn't great at his age

Reactions: 12
Fair enough points about there being signs of imminent splits with her two previous relationships but with the Curtis they were still posting old pictures together and we only found out stuff like him having to work on Valentines Day from an interview that was published after they split.

I think most people at the time took Chris' comment as self deprecating humour. I don't know how true it is but people said that he was spotted with Tommy around the time Maura was staying with him and Molly. It was easy for fans to assume everything was fine and they were simply being private.

Likewise I think people assumed the lack of Maura/Giovanni content was down to him being busy with Strictly. There's some tabloid reports saying he secretly dumped her two weeks ago, if that's true then Giovanni's definition of 'forever' is even shorter than we assumed.

The pattern definitely seems to be if there's a while no new content for a while then there's probably no relationship. Also at 8 months to Chris' 6 and Gio's 4 Curtis is so far the default winner in of the annual Maura Higgins Hunger Games.

Giovanni is ridiculous, I don't know what the ladies see in him, sorry to be mean. He reminds me of a smarmy Italian waiter!
He is conventionally handsome, stylish and part of one of the biggest shows on British television. I'm sure he's very charming and personable but it's clear he isn't ready to settle down. He was an always an odd choIce for someone who bases a lot if her image on wanting to find a nice boy to settle down with.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Fair enough points about there being signs of imminent splits with her two previous relationships but with the Curtis they were still posting old pictures together and we only found out stuff like him having to work on Valentines Day from an interview that was published after they split.

I think most people at the time took Chris' comment as self deprecating humour. I don't know how true it is but people said that he was spotted with Tommy around the time Maura was staying with him and Molly. It was easy for fans to assume everything was fine and they were simply being private.

Likewise I think people assumed the lack of Maura/Giovanni content was down to him being busy with Strictly. There's some tabloid reports saying he secretly dumped her two weeks ago, if that's true then Giovanni's definition of 'forever' is even shorter than we assumed.

The pattern definitely seems to be if there's a while no new content for a while then there's probably no relationship. Also at 8 months to Chris' 6 and Gio's 4 Curtis is so far the default winner in of the annual Maura Higgins Hunger Games.

He is conventionally handsome, stylish and part of one of the biggest shows on British television. I'm sure he's very charming and personable but it's clear he isn't ready to settle down. He was an always an odd choIce for someone who bases a lot if her image on wanting to find a nice boy to settle down with.
The stories seem to be all over the place - he definitely didn't dump her two weeks ago. Apparently the insta story she did on Thursday was from his bedroom. Stories that seem more sympathetic to her are half-insinuating something about Gio and Rose, or at least that he was spending too much time at work. Meanwhile, she has a small but toxic Twitter fanbase who are now out for his blood for seemingly planting the story that he dumped her. which is apparently an impossibility. 😂 Anyway, something clearly went down between Thursday-Saturday.

Reactions: 3
The stories seem to be all over the place - he definitely didn't dump her two weeks ago. Apparently the insta story she did on Thursday was from his bedroom. Stories that seem more sympathetic to her are half-insinuating something about Gio and Rose, or at least that he was spending too much time at work. Meanwhile, she has a small but toxic Twitter fanbase who are now out for his blood for seemingly planting the story that he dumped her. which is apparently an impossibility. 😂 Anyway, something clearly went down between Thursday-Saturday.
The story about him dumping her two week ago could just be the sun trying to get a reaction from them to speak out on the break up 😂 I doubt he would say two weeks ago when he posted her less than two weeks ago. The sun just write any old bs and the gullible believe it. They Currently have a story Ranvir unfollowed him😂 they must’ve typed in his first name and it didn’t show up on her list but it’s his surname you have to type first.

The media narrative went from it being an amicable break up with potential for reconciliation to Giovanni 'savagely' dumping her very quickly, didn't it?

I don't know why people think Giovanni would plant a story that made him look bad. That being said there is little doubt in my mind that everything from early reports that they were secretly hooking up, to the ones about her trusting him after initially worrying he was a player to the imminent engagement rumours all originated from her management. They all favoured her heavily and some of them almost came off like press releases for her career. Not that I think Gio was unwilling participant in all this for example he definitely knew that the press would pick up on it when he followed engagement ring places on Instagram.

I don't pick up romantic vibes between Rose and Gio but I that is what a lot of people will inevitably jump. I hope the press and Maura's fans don't go after her too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The media narrative went from it being an amicable break up with potential for reconciliation to Giovanni 'savagely' dumping her very quickly, didn't it?

I don't know why people think Giovanni would plant a story that made him look bad. That being said there is little doubt in my mind that everything from early reports that they were secretly hooking up, to the ones about her trusting him after initially worrying he was a player to the imminent engagement rumours all originated from her management. They all favoured her heavily and some of them almost came off like press releases for her career. Not that I think Gio was unwilling participant in all this for example he definitely knew that the press would pick up on it when he followed engagement ring places on Instagram.

I don't pick up romantic vibes between Rose and Gio but I that is what a lot of people will inevitably jump. I hope the press and Maura's fans don't go after her too much.
I doubt that.. from what I’ve seen there’s stories from the start til now painting them both in good and bad light. Most know there is nothing romantic from Rose and Gio but the media love a strictly curse so it was bound to be speculated as I’m sure it brings in plenty of views. The latest is Maura has supposedly followed him back today when she’s never unfollowed him at all. Journalists will print anything whether it’s true or not sadly.

I doubt that.. from what I’ve seen there’s stories from the start til now painting them both in good and bad light. Most know there is nothing romantic from Rose and Gio but the media love a strictly curse so it was bound to be speculated as I’m sure it brings in plenty of views. The latest is Maura has supposedly followed him back today when she’s never unfollowed him at all. Journalists will print anything whether it’s true or not sadly.
...same article also claimed that neither Gio or Rose is following Maura on insta..but a quick click on their profiles show both still are.

A 'journalist', goes to the trouble of writing an article, whose 3 main new points can be debunked immediately..by simply clicking on the 3 instagram accounts that the article is talking about. Bizarre.

Maybe they are just throwing anything out there for clicks in leiu of no directs comments from Maura/Giovanni.

Still find it a little odd that neither have actually put up a "we've split" post on insta (as both usually do).
I guess it might be frowned upon by Strictly if Gio did, but Maura's usually straight in there. Maybe they just can't be arsed this time.

Now she has a story up at a hotel with 2 champagne glasses, maybe they haven't split at all....

Well he seems to be training with Rose so maybe she's just trying to stir speculation... Having said that, given how quickly they went from 'yours forever' to 'who?' I would not be shocked if they got back together..

Reactions: 4
Yes maybe no official split at all. Just media rubbish.
I bet the so called journalists are racing to the hotel to catch them out now 🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
Now she has a story up at a hotel with 2 champagne glasses, maybe they haven't split at all....
lol. I wouldn't read much into that, probably just given a freebie hotel stay...or could be for an event this evening.
Could well be staying there with the female friend from her ring girl days (there's one she seems to hang out with a fair bit).

Maura does quite like trolling..on occasion.:devilish:

Last edited:
Giovanni is some player I’d say, Maura better off I’d say!
You're on point there, he's a professional player!
Just caught up with the Giovanni & Maura split story. I didn't know he dumped her. Two weeks ago. Saying he "doesn't want to settle down". Ok, that's fair enough, but, why say to her "you're mine", "I adore you" I love you so much", you're my princess", and, I'm yours forever"?! What a twit. She is said to be 'in shock', and, that he absolutely 'blindsided her' by suddenly finishing with her for no reason that she's aware of. Rant over guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Just caught up with the Giovanni & Maura split story. I didn't know he dumped her. Two weeks ago. Saying he "doesn't want to settle down". Ok, that's fair enough, but, why say to her "you're mine", "I adore you" I love you so much", you're my princess", and, I'm yours forever"?! What a twit. She is said to be 'in shock', and, that he absolutely 'blindsided her' by suddenly finishing with her for no reason that she's aware of. Rant over guys!
Is that not red flag behaviour gaslighting which is a crime but yet media still document it for the money

Reactions: 4
The story that he dumped her two weeks is almost certainly false. Enough people have said she did an instagram story from his bedroom last Thursday for me to believe that's accurate so they were still together then. The press either made it up or (as I believe) it's planted story by her management, they definitely have form for it It's actually eerie just how familiar this all is from the clearly planted press stories to her toxic fanbase's response. Even her story were it seemed to hint they were back together has been done before in a previous break up. She knows it's going to get press attention.

Is that not red flag behaviour gaslighting which is a crime but yet media still document it for the money
Or he was just being nice to his girlfriend? I suspect their over the top public shows or affection are for the 'gram more than anything else but they are both complicit in that. The kind of gas lighting behavior you're suggesting here is coercive control which is a big thing to throw out there about someone simply doing nice things. True, Giovanni doesn't seem like the settling down type but this seems like an especially short lived 'relationship' even by his standards. I don't think it's fair to just assume he was the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2