Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the rock and watched that video and he was pretty clear that the reason he found it so tough was because his kids and wife also got it and he struggled because he couldn’t protect them.He’s an articulate man and there was no mistaking what he meant in my opinion. Matt definitely skewed it,which doesn’t surprise me(not saying that covid wouldn’t be absolutely horrific for some people and definitely the worse thing they had gone through,but the physical part of the illness did not seem to be the bit the rock struggled with most).
Yes, Matt has a trend of skewing things to fit his own narrative which I don't like.

Reactions: 2
No one is challenging him in the comments either which is annoying.
Yeh. A family member shared his post, so I messaged her saying while I agree with the message, he took The Rock's comment completely out of context... Most people probably don't watch the original video, they just take Matt's message for the truth, which is how so much misinformation is spread on the internet these days.

Matt also comes across as so sanctimonious. The reason I unfollowed him, a right pain in the arse.

Reactions: 5
This is from Sunday, I screenshot and forgot to post.
I haven’t paid attention to the Denise Welch drama because I don’t care, but it seems pretty self explanatory. I thought Matt’s tweet was just a generic statement aimed at the random celebrities weighing in about coronavirus as if they’re experts but turns out he’s subtweeting a specific person. Why is Matt #bekind Haig making snide comments? That’s not very on brand, is it? Really immature, too

Also it doesn’t matter that he’s declared that he’s not talking about her. A lot of people have interpreted it to be about her. She fits the description. You can’t make such a vague tweet and then say “no it’s not about that person even though it totally could be”

I’ve followed him for a while and he gives me bad vibes

Attachments

Reactions: 4
This is from Sunday, I screenshot and forgot to post.
I haven’t paid attention to the Denise Welch drama because I don’t care, but it seems pretty self explanatory. I thought Matt’s tweet was just a generic statement aimed at the random celebrities weighing in about coronavirus as if they’re experts but turns out he’s subtweeting a specific person. Why is Matt #bekind Haig making snide comments? That’s not very on brand, is it? Really immature, too

Also it doesn’t matter that he’s declared that he’s not talking about her. A lot of people have interpreted it to be about her. She fits the description. You can’t make such a vague tweet and then say “no it’s not about that person even though it totally could be”

I’ve followed him for a while and he gives me bad vibes
There is something off/untrustworthy about him, I find.

hello. just thought I'd resurrect this thread cos our king of mental health has had a bit of a chaos (copyright jack monroe) today

so this small account had a bit of a joke at his expense. you will note they don't tag him

20210120_201427.jpg

matt then QTed to instigate pile on, unfortunately now deleted.

then this other smallish account had a pop, again, Matt is not tagged
20210120_201344.jpg

then there's this from the second account here with Matt's reply

20210120_201124.jpg

lovely stuff from our patron saint of be kind, who just happens to have made mountains of cash off the back of mental illness

anyhoo, now he promises, so 🤞

20210120_203208.jpg

incidentally, I don't dispute his backstory, but I do take exception to his bland, white man, palatable takes and I regret ever buying his boring books

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
hello. just thought I'd resurrect this thread cos our king of mental health has had a bit of a chaos (copyright jack monroe) today

so this small account had a bit of a joke at his expense. you will note they don't tag him

View attachment 393908

matt then QTed to instigate pile on, unfortunately now deleted.

then this other smallish account had a pop, again, Matt is not tagged
View attachment 393907

then there's this from the second account here with Matt's reply

View attachment 393912

lovely stuff from our patron saint of be kind, who just happens to have made mountains of cash off the back of mental illness

anyhoo, now he promises, so 🤞

View attachment 393934

incidentally, I don't dispute his backstory, but I do take exception to his bland, white man, palatable takes and I regret ever buying his boring books
Can’t stand the bloke. I wonder if he’s taking it off Twitter because he can’t control the responses he gets back to the bullshit he puts out there. If he sticks to Instagram he can delete all the negative comments he doesn’t like... pathetic.

If you’re going to set yourself as a public figure and have such strong opinions on things you should have the courage to stand by them. But he’s decided to go and hide away on Instagram. Bravo. What a great mental health advocate.

Reactions: 10
I've just had a look at his Twitter. Blimey. What a mess. He had an absolute fit over that £300 000 tweet which seems relatively harmless tbh. Then tweets about a troll who threatened to burn down his house calling the troll 'psychotic' which has really upset a lot of people (I *think* he was trying to link the two things to justify his over the top reaction to the money tweet, apparently the troll had mentioned how much he earns too).
Now there is a long statement from him saying how the whole thing made him have suicidal thoughts so he is stepping away from Twitter and staying on IG.
He really really cannot accept the slightest criticism and seems to name search himself obsessively.

Reactions: 12
🙄 He is actually exhausting. I unfollowed a long time ago.
Yeah, me too. He’s a self obsessed knob head. He loves spouting off on social media but then can’t hack it when someone comes back at him. Don’t know why I ever followed him in the first place!

🙄 He is actually exhausting. I unfollowed a long time ago.
I haven't bought or read his book......but find him a really boring self obsessed individual. He only really replies to comments if they're made by people with the Blue tick. All pals together. The.......oh I have a book out....please buy it brigade !

I bought his book as everyone was advocating it saying how amazing it is (esp for those with mental health issues), I’ve had anxiety and depression forever so thought I’d give it a go. I thought it was the most inane, bordering on patronising, crap. I don’t like his book, and I don’t like him, his whole vibe is off. Imo he just wants constant validation. No thanks.

Reactions: 14
I bought his book as everyone was advocating it saying how amazing it is (esp for those with mental health issues), I’ve had anxiety and depression forever so thought I’d give it a go. I thought it was the most inane, bordering on patronising, crap. I don’t like his book, and I don’t like him, his whole vibe is off. Imo he just wants constant validation. No thanks.
Got it in one - self validation. He's raking money in and then there's the film too.

well this went well... always glad to see well-known people getting in on it too! (that's why they're not squiggled) At the time of posting this, there are over 100 comments all going "why him?" love to see it as the kids say. also, in the unlikely event of ever getting to a 2nd thread about the grifter, it's gotta be The Thinking Person's Influencer in Dubai hasn't it?!

Screenshot_20210127-122838_Twitter.jpg

20210127_124931.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-124950_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-122838_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-125041_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-125101_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-125246_Twitter.jpg

1611755043557.png

he deleted this so quickly, i could only get this terribly cropped desktop screenshot. i think we can definitely take it as he just heard the words "appearance fee"

🙃

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
well this went well... always glad to see well-known people getting in on it too! (that's why they're not squiggled) At the time of posting this, there are over 100 comments all going "why him?" love to see it as the kids say. also, in the unlikely event of ever getting to a 2nd thread about the grifter, it's gotta be The Thinking Person's Influencer in Dubai hasn't it?!

View attachment 405242

View attachment 405232View attachment 405233View attachment 405235View attachment 405236View attachment 405237View attachment 405239

View attachment 405324

he deleted this so quickly, i could only get this terribly cropped desktop screenshot. i think we can definitely take it as he just heard the words "appearance fee"

🙃
Omg those comments are spot on. Shame on Woman’s Hour wtf are they thinking? That self serving tit will do anything to promote himself, he won’t have given it a second thought, just said yes immediately. Never mind that there’s actual women and girls out there who are much better placed to talk about this than he is. He is a massive knob.

Reactions: 9
and so, after "andrea said there's a to-do" was deleted *so* quickly, we got this

20210127_220020.jpg

20210127_220121.jpg

now I'm not saying he's borrowed his wife's twitter account, but she's not been very active recently, so how would she know there's been a "to-do"? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So he comes off Twitter, but suddenly his wife starts wading in on all discussion concerning him 🤔 Hilarious. Methinks he’s not really left 😂

Reactions: 13
Urgh he’s been annoying for ages - I unfollowed when he was anxiety tweeting early in the pandemic that the government was planning to kill us all and panicking everyone about food running out. Our death rate is horrendous I know but his highly inflammatory tweets made it more difficult.

Teatowels McGoo is a great name for him

• Heart
Reactions: 11