Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Music? Not a doing word like the others is it, Matt? Go back to writing class.

See yous later, just gonna music to improve my mental health.

Wah! The follow up tweet! "Words...still matters"!
What about grammar, does grammar still matters?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Music? Not a doing word like the others is it, Matt? Go back to writing class.

See yous later, just gonna music to improve my mental health.

Wah! The follow up tweet! "Words...still matters"!
What about grammar, does grammar still matters?

It's happened 'a few times' so he decided to be petty to the famous person with well documented mental health issues who did it; rather than one of the other celebrities who posted it who doesn't. 🙄

In fairness I can't imagine a fan of his would be particularly awful to Britney but I think Twitter pile ons are always horrendous. Even if against genuine baddies, it always ends up with a mob baying for blood and no apology or rectification is ever good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I must say, the words are average at best. Fighting over them is a bit cringe as it makes it seem like he feels he’s written a work of genius. It’s actual nonsense which wouldn’t be out of place on a cushion in TKMaxx.

Good for him for turning the common experience of depression into something people can relate to. But wow does he take himself seriously!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I must say, the words are average at best. Fighting over them is a bit cringe as it makes it seem like he feels he’s written a work of genius. It’s actual nonsense which wouldn’t be out of place on a cushion in TKMaxx.

Good for him for turning the common experience of depression into something people can relate to. But wow does he take himself seriously!
He seems to have no sense of humour.

Reactions: 4
What a bleeping ignorant idiot.

Imagine suggesting that the UK handle coronavirus as China has? Such as welding doors shut on apartment buildings so people are trapped or dragging people out of their houses, or putting people in metal containers. What a dolt. I am glad others are calling him out to. Suggesting the UK should act like a communist/authoritarian country is beyond idiotic. He should do his research before spouting such shite.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I don’t know who this guy is but he is always being retweeted into my timeline. I absolutely hate the tit he tweets. I’m at the lowest point in my life and honestly the crap he tweets makes me feel worse.
Maybe it helps some people but I find his tweets insufferable. It doesn’t even come across as sincere just as though he wants retweets.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t know who this guy is but he is always being retweeted into my timeline. I absolutely hate the tit he tweets. I’m at the lowest point in my life and honestly the crap he tweets makes me feel worse.
Maybe it helps some people but I find his tweets insufferable. It doesn’t even come across as sincere just as though he wants retweets.
He is a smug prat. It is funny that he goes on about mental health...as I feel he takes advantage of those with mental health issues/milks it for his content. His book Notes on a Nervous Planet is awful. He goes on about how the news is created to make you worry (which to some extent I agree with) but that book made me feel the same way.

Reactions: 6
I totally agree. Sorry you’re having such a hard time.

Just checked out his Twitter for the first time in a while... Wow, he is so much doom and gloom right now. So much for being positive. I know times are hard but my goodness, I don't think he is doing well.

What a bleeping ignorant idiot.

Imagine suggesting that the UK handle coronavirus as China has? Such as welding doors shut on apartment buildings so people are trapped or dragging people out of their houses, or putting people in metal containers. What a dolt. I am glad others are calling him out to. Suggesting the UK should act like a communist/authoritarian country is beyond idiotic. He should do his research before spouting such shite.

Maybe he wasn't spouting shite after all.
If the UK Gov had they taken a leaf out of China's book-we would not be in the current situation. Plus that tweet was March 7th nearly 2 weeks before lockdown.
Esp as Mr Raab said today we aren't even at the peak yet and over 11,000 poor lost souls.....

Maybe he wasn't spouting shite after all.
If the UK Gov had they taken a leaf out of China's book-we would not be in the current situation. Plus that tweet was March 7th nearly 2 weeks before lockdown.
Esp as Mr Raab said today we aren't even at the peak yet and over 11,000 poor lost souls.....
China welded people into their houses and some starved to death, I am not sure any govt should follow them. It was on a CBC documentary about Wuhan. They are also obviously lying about their numbers.

Reactions: 8
I really liked "Reasons to Stay Alive", it resonated a lot with me. Followed him on Twitter and eventually had to mute him, he just became insufferable.

Reactions: 5
So this is how he sees himself. Interesting.

“Feelgood brand” 🤣 That’s the first and only time Matt has made me laugh

I read his first book years ago, thought it was alright but not as good as it was hyped up to be - I’ve suffered from mental illnesses for years but it didn’t really resonate with me. His Twitter can be kind of nice in the same way as platitudes can be. But I would never describe him as having a “feelgood brand”, he’s constantly serious and trying to be deep. It gives the impression that he’s uptight and can never have a laugh, which is depressing

• Heart
“Feelgood brand” 🤣 That’s the first and only time Matt has made me laugh

I read his first book years ago, thought it was alright but not as good as it was hyped up to be - I’ve suffered from mental illnesses for years but it didn’t really resonate with me. His Twitter can be kind of nice in the same way as platitudes can be. But I would never describe him as having a “feelgood brand”, he’s constantly serious and trying to be deep. It gives the impression that he’s uptight and can never have a laugh, which is depressing
Everything you said I completely agree with. I actually think he's quite a difficult follow for people with mental health issues as he is so dark and depressing. If I was in a bad place, it's the last place I'd go to feel good.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
While I do think covid should be taken seriously, Matt has completely taken this out of context.

The Rock did an IG video about he and his family (wife and daughters) having covid. They are better now after 3 weeks. He goes on about how it's the most difficult thing they have been through...but it seemed like he was talking about emotionally. As he is meant to protect his family but couldn't. Matt seems to have worded it as though The Rock found it physically hard and I'm not saying he didn't but that wasn't mentioned in the video.

Context is everything and Matt is skewing it.

Reactions: 3
While I do think covid should be taken seriously, Matt has completely taken this out of context.

The Rock did an IG video about he and his family (wife and daughters) having covid. They are better now after 3 weeks. He goes on about how it's the most difficult thing they have been through...but it seemed like he was talking about emotionally. As he is meant to protect his family but couldn't. Matt seems to have worded it as though The Rock found it physically hard and I'm not saying he didn't but that wasn't mentioned in the video.

Context is everything and Matt is skewing it.

Love the rock and watched that video and he was pretty clear that the reason he found it so tough was because his kids and wife also got it and he struggled because he couldn’t protect them.He’s an articulate man and there was no mistaking what he meant in my opinion. Matt definitely skewed it,which doesn’t surprise me(not saying that covid wouldn’t be absolutely horrific for some people and definitely the worse thing they had gone through,but the physical part of the illness did not seem to be the bit the rock struggled with most).

Reactions: 5