Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see his latest soundbite has been shared by all the hole influencers to deflect from their shady behaviour.
It’s like the 2021 version of “be kind”

Reactions: 5
The (admittedly fairly niche) thing that always bothered me about him is that I don’t think I’ve ever seen him acknowledge what a big difference having a loving and supportive wife must make. There will be so many people suffering just has he has, without the privilege of having a caring partner and lovely children.

That said, I am all for the MH conversation being extended to as wide an audience as possible and MH stigma being taken away, so fair play to him in that sense.

Reactions: 3
I am reading his book Midnight Library and am enjoying it. It was gifted. Does he actually write his novels or use a ghostwriter though?
I read his book Notes on a Nervous Planet and found it depressing. Actually thought it did the opposite of what it was meant to 😂

He just keeps churning them out doesn’t he. It must be the same people buying them. I really don’t get it. He’s so smug and full of tit, and his writing style is very unappealing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13
so is this one he was given a £600k advance for? the little book of pinterest platitudes (the link in the article leads to a deleted tweet)

20210319_182448.jpg

20210319_182416.jpg

actually, in the name of accuracy, I went to check how many books he's had published. this will be his 25th.

now, I'm no publishing expert, but advances tend to increase when books do well, like his inexplicably have, do they not?

and, yes, advances have to be recouped, but I think we can safely say he's doing very nicely out of this nonsense

• Angry
Reactions: 7
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Oh he’s so smug and condescending.
Someone should send him into a picu or a forensics unit with his little book of quotes. Or hand them to people with severe mental illness. I know some of their opinions already on this man, it’s saccharine sweet and fluffy 🤢 The total opposite to what severe and enduring mental illness is.
He does my nut in.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh no. From those snippets it sounds utter trite tit. And a cynical hijack of Covid and people's fears and insecurities.
He really just is the book form of those corporate inspirational posters you can buy.

Reactions: 12
he's taken a leaf out of his pal Jack's book. just say you're not on twitter and you can tweet all you like, even though you're categorically *not* on it 🙃
The charity shop I volunteer at is back open tomorrow (🙂) so his Reasons book is making a lovely journey down there.

His running thing is starting to piss me off too. I am absolutely for exercise. But his constant ‘move yourself’ and ‘fast 10k’ tit as a way to lift your mood is a step too far. If you are suffering from that really deep, dark depression that you cannot lift, that means you cannot wash or leave your sofa or eat anything other than packet foods, you cannot think about running. And if, for one moment you could get yourself out for a run, it would show you how unfit you are compared to when you used to run when you weren’t crippled by this horrendous disorder that the endorphins would never kick in and you would return home, broken, feeling even more of a failure.

In other news, his Instagram post from yesterday (not the ED one ) is interesting. I wonder who he is supporting 🧐.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The charity shop I volunteer at is back open tomorrow (🙂) so his Reasons book is making a lovely journey down there.

His running thing is starting to piss me off too. I am absolutely for exercise. But his constant ‘move yourself’ and ‘fast 10k’ tit as a way to lift your mood is a step too far. If you are suffering from that really deep, dark depression that you cannot lift, that means you cannot wash or leave your sofa or eat anything other than packet foods, you cannot think about running. And if, for one moment you could get yourself out for a run, it would show you how unfit you are compared to when you used to run when you weren’t crippled by this horrendous disorder that the endorphins would never kick in and you would return home, broken, feeling even more of a failure.

In other news, his Instagram post from yesterday (not the ED one ) is interesting. I wonder who he is supporting 🧐.
You are spot on about the exercise.

Reactions: 3
Is Matt reading tattle? lol
I don't know if it's just me, but I literally never spend a second worrying about whether people think I'm a head. I mean yeah occasionally I think, oops did I just make an idiotic comment? But if these people – influencers etc – seem to be doing so many things that actually warrant people to talk about how much of a head they are... Maybe it's a problem with them, not the people who have those opinions?!

For someone who professes to be such an expert, I think he needs to take some of his own advice. He seems massively insecure and defensive half the time, and not positive or happy at all. He seems mega conscious of what people think of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know if it's just me, but I literally never spend a second worrying about whether people think I'm a head. I mean yeah occasionally I think, oops did I just make an idiotic comment? But if these people – influencers etc – seem to be doing so many things that actually warrant people to talk about how much of a head they are... Maybe it's a problem with them, not the people who have those opinions?!

For someone who professes to be such an expert, I think he needs to take some of his own advice. He seems massively insecure and defensive half the time, and not positive or happy at all. He seems mega conscious of what people think of him.
They’re all the same. Happy to gob off on Twitter with their pointless opinions as long as people are lapping it up and agreeing with them. But the second anyone questions them or there’s any discourse, we see their fragile egos in full technicolour. He’s a prime example. He probably Google’s himself to see what’s being said about him and it’ll really get to him where he can’t control the narrative. There’s that old expression, “what other people think of me isn’t any of my business”, it’s time people like Matt Haig realised it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12