Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I’m not going to publicly shame this person but I will attach an email with her company header to this rant and will also show the messages between us to anyone who asks after I finish saying she’s obsessed with me”.

Even if what he’s saying is true, this statement really doesn’t do him any favours.
He’d have been better off leaving the email out. It made interesting reading. Saying someone is obsessed comes across very creepy and just because someone has MH issues doesn’t mean they go round crying rape.

Reactions: 2
'she's cried rape twice before' wether that's true or not its a disgusting thing to share, even if i believed him (I dont) this would fully turn my opinion. He's dangerous and tbh I think he needs locking up! He's gonna do it again.

Reactions: 6
'she's cried rape twice before' wether that's true or not its a disgusting thing to share, even if i believed him (I dont) this would fully turn my opinion. He's dangerous and tbh I think he needs locking up! He's gonna do it again.
He shouldn’t have said it but that being said, I knew a girl that accused a bloke of rape when he didn’t do it. It destroyed his life. She admitted it was all lies. He’d have been better off saying nothing and letting the police/courts do their investigation. He’s been quiet this long so why talk about it now? If I recall correctly, C had to sell her book to pay for the solicitor, so of course she’s going to promote it.

This is why “cried rape” is an awful term for people to use. It’s a loaded term and it is full of problems. One of which is that there is quite a difference between someone who chooses to deliberately lie about being raped (which is a very small percentage of cases) and a woman who has been unable to prove an allegation of rape.

For someone trying to make the point that words matter, the irony seems to be lost on him.

Reactions: 5
I just can’t get past the insinuation that women chase him so of course he hasn’t sexually assaulted or raped anyone. Or that one of the girls was filmed making sexual advances towards him whilst drunk. As if that proves an accusation false?!

The whole point is no matter how much attention someone has or hasn’t given you prior to the fact, doesn’t mean they can’t turn around at ANY point during an encounter and say no and say they aren’t comfortable.

His line of thinking there is really disturbing to me. Stinks of victim blaming/she came onto me so it doesn’t count/complete self entitlement/pure misogyny.

It reads of someone who is very cocky and so sure of himself/that he won’t get caught.

Reactions: 12
His ego is so bruised he’s trying to attack these women. It’s pitiful. The whole thing is so poorly written too.

Reactions: 8
He’d have been better off leaving the email out. It made interesting reading. Saying someone is obsessed comes across very creepy and just because someone has MH issues doesn’t mean they go round crying rape.

Has anyone else seen the rest of the evidence he’s talking about? My friend (who’s done MNU) asked him to see it and he sent her boatloads of disappearing images & she only managed to screenshot two (which she has sent to me). They are pretty shocking but I want to see the others.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else seen the rest of the evidence he’s talking about? My friend (who’s done MNU) asked him to see it and he sent her boatloads of disappearing images & she only managed to screenshot two (which she has sent to me). They are pretty shocking but I want to see the others.
He’s just sending info to random MNU students? Or are they friends? It’s all just so creepy.

Evidence that the girl has lied?

What was the evidence?

Surely that can’t be ok. What were the images he sent your friend of?!

Reactions: 1
Sending evidence to randoms via disappearing messages? Remind me not to go to the Martin Macdonald School of Law

Reactions: 10
Sending evidence to randoms via disappearing messages? Remind me not to go to the Martin Macdonald School of Law

I'm not sure if they were 'randoms' as such, as the post said that the MNU student asked for them.
If he's got evidence that he's not guilty of rape he probably wants to prove it and clear his name. Which makes sense.

Although I've no idea what the evidence is so. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
I'm not sure if they were 'randoms' as such, as the post said that the MNU student asked for them.
If he's got evidence that he's not guilty of rape he probably wants to prove it and clear his name. Which makes sense.

Although I've no idea what the evidence is so. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I see your point - sending to students still smacks of complete unprofessionalism.

Unless he has a clear video recording of the aforementioned incident at the exact moment I doubt he has evidence. Based on his previous definition of ‘evidence’ being someone was drunk and coming onto him before the accusation happened or someone was over friendly and offered him a lift somewhere in their car. That’s proof of absolutely zero. Granted, these pieces of ‘evidence’ would likely mean the CPS would choose not to prosecute because victim blaming is absolutely rife in our justice system. 6% of women in the UK experience rape and only 6% of cases that even advance to trial end in a conviction. And the road to trial isn’t exactly simple - cases met by CPS have to meet threshold. Seems to me the ‘evidence’ is likely just screenshots of messages discrediting the accuser in the hope that Joe Public say ‘she was asking for it’.

Completely understand wanting to clear his name but sending students screenshots etc in regards to his previous legal case for sexual harassment is just ick and definitely not what a lawyer/PR manager would advise. Surely a well crafted PR statement and no further mention and wait till it blows over, no?

And on the subject of him sending those messages - pics or it didn’t happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I read the statement last night ( didn’t realise he had put one up on his website) - I don’t believe a word of it. His receipts that Charlotte is lying are bullshit - having gone through the same thing ( the perp was our next door neighbour but one) - I also played “nice” if I bumped into him ( which luckily wasn’t often). Why you may ask? Well because I have been trained to believe that if rape happens then it’s the woman’s ( in my case I was a young teen) fault. I was also in still in denial and also too young to know how to respond to the situation.
These messages don’t mean anything - it just shows that Charlotte was grateful to be included in the tours ( she was more than likely worried that her position at work was in jeapordy) .
It’s also not just Charlotte - there was the other lady who came out in support of Charlotte who had a similar experience . Is she lying also? I highly doubt it. It’s also an insult to the other influencers who have unfollowed him to assume they have unfollowed based on a lie - I can say for sure that at least one ( tea2triceps) will have looked carefully at both sides of the story before hitting the unfollow.
As for the section which he removed “because he felt angry “ about the situation where hoards of women throw themselves at him on his tours?Lets just blame the women- it’s not me at all. I am just a poor unsuspecting man who is not responsible 🙄🙄

duck off Macdonald. The problem IS YOU. Not the women who have been unfortunate enough to have crossed your path.

What is ISSN?
Yes I don’t know what( or who) is ISSN either ?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.