Martin Lewis the Money Saving Expert

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work for a large retail chain and at Christmas we have special deals every week, Martin Lewis tips people off as to when a certain one is starting, sadly every year he is wrong😂😂 the amount of conversations I have had that start with Martin Lewis says........... then I alway say, does Martin Lewis work for ........? They cannot believe he is wrong though and often stand there arguing 😂😂😂😂
Yes! 😂

I used his for forum for advice . Filled in the resolver form and got all my ppi back & bank acc charges . Forever thankful for the advice . His advice lately isn't quite correct regarding Furlough although I'm still working so doesn't affect me but it does my friends.
I usually go to his website for car insurance tips. duck me my latest quote is £600! Driving 27 yrs, NC, live in a nice area . New car but duck me . It's up for renewal in 2 weeks . (Axa 😠).
Might be too late for you, but my trick with this is to actually phone the companies for a quote. I’ve been driving a similar amount of time with no accidents or claims and only drive about 6000 miles a year but was getting online quotes over £450.
When I phoned they asked me what other prices I’d been given. I said £211, they quickly came back with fully comp, 8k miles, NC protection and windscreen cover for £220. Same company online - £475. I’m pretty sure there’s some sort of online price fixing going on
Of course MSE wouldn’t advise phoning the company for a better price as they get their affiliate fee only for insurance purchased online

Reactions: 13
Martin Lewis’ letter templates got us a dream holiday following a successful PPI appeal so on the one hand he’s great - just can’t be doing with him on the TV - like he’s trying to fit three times the info into the time given.

Reactions: 8
as someone with a husband who is high functioning, I have wondered this. He's very passionate about what he knows, and it explains why not everyone 'gets' him 🙄
I think he is Asperger too. I love his passion and friends I know with AS get animated like him when they talk about their interests too

One of my friends says he doesn’t like music. He can’t deal with the noise of it unless he really wants to listen to something. So I can see it being a thing for ML too.

He is cute.

Reactions: 8
I'm not the only one who doesn't find his advice useful

Totally not his fault. She paid for hol for herself and 3 or so friends. She applied for refund... The bank gave her the money. She paid back friends (either before or after bank gave her money) The bank took the money off her for whatever reason. 1) Martin Lewis didn't make her book holiday. 2) Martin Lewis didn't cancel holiday 3) Martin Lewis did not make her pay back the other parties. She will get a refund at some point. Honestly people want too much from this man.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Totally not his fault. She paid for hol for herself and 3 or so friends. She applied for refund... The bank gave her the money. She paid back friends (either before or after bank gave her money) The bank took the money off her for whatever reason. 1) Martin Lewis didn't make her book holiday. 2) Martin Lewis didn't cancel holiday 3) Martin Lewis did not make her pay back the other parties. She will get a refund at some point. Honestly people want too much from this man.
Exactly my thoughts. People need to stop blaming everyone. He’s only trying to help where he can, there will always be losers in this crisis. Her bank will have warned her it may be claimed back therefore she shouldn’t have given her mates the money back and if they are true friends they would have helped her out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She should have just waited for the travel company to cancel her holiday like everyone else has and then waited for her refund like everyone else. Agree it isn't Martin's fault. Still don't like him though.

Reactions: 7
as someone with a husband who is high functioning, I have wondered this. He's very passionate about what he knows, and it explains why not everyone 'gets' him 🙄
I'll third this; my son's autistic and I can see the traits in ML.

Reactions: 4
His wife is also annoying on that stupid show she does on BBC Breakfast on the weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thought he’d be kicking up more of a stink about the banks overdraft charges coming in next week... especially as it’s going to force people into getting loans he could piggy back from

Reactions: 2
I think by his own admission he was a gobshite and not the most popular kid at school, but I don't mind him in spite of his showing off. Some of his advice appears to have helped people massively.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When he does that show with Angelica Bell, apart from the moving debt from one credit card to another which just sounds risky, it sounds like really obvious stuff he's telling the country to do.

Reactions: 3
When he does that show with Angelica Bell, apart from the moving debt from one credit card to another which just sounds risky, it sounds like really obvious stuff he's telling the country to do.

Thing is, it might be obvious to you, or me, but some people really do struggle with finances and understanding what’s out there and what’s best for them. It’s not taught in schools either, which he has championed. He produced a book a few years back to give away to schools. I go hold of a copy on Amazon and it’s been brilliant for explaining things to my teen such as tax, interest rates, mortgages, credit cards etc.

I totally get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I can only handle him in small doses on tv!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You would be surprised what some people don’t know. My husband knew nothing when I met him. They don’t teach it at school so unless your parents know how do you learn.

Reactions: 9
He's helpful. But annoying. Too shouty and he needs to negotiate more air time for the things he needs to say. Always rushing his words out.

Reactions: 4