Martin Lewis the Money Saving Expert

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's an odd move. At best he's being very naive teaming up with TwatBaby.

Reactions: 5
Maybe he's having a midlife crisis and just doesn't give AF no more lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He totally would have broken his self imposed social media break if there wasn't near universal negativity with the song. I bet he's quietly lurking.

He shouldn't have got involved from the start seeing as how little actually reaches the charity Vs a direct donation with gift aid.

I bet he's been massively annoyed by ladbaby telling people the best way to support the charity is to buy the single and Roxy claiming that by doing this single it makes sure food banks are open for the rest of the year 🤦‍♀️

All the warning signs were there, but he foolishly still went ahead and now any mention of the single on mse forums is being zapped. 😬

Reactions: 8
My neck my back, what's santa got in his sack 🎵
Mr Licking loves a bit of Martin Lewis and his glam sidekick - me, meh - granted he provides a shedload of good financial advice, but his presenting style is just too mad for me. I defo think that he's on the spectrum/has ADHD.*

*My lived experience opinion only.

My neck my back, what's santa got in his sack 🎵
I would pay at least £250 in reclaimed bank charges to hear Lewis' cover of that particular Ivor Novello Award-winning ditty.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I respect the fact that he helps people and that he's genuinely passionate about that, but I would please like him to dial the hyperactivity down. I can't bear to watch or listen to him because of the constant screaming and flailing and I probably miss some good advice because of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I respect the fact that he helps people and that he's genuinely passionate about that, but I would please like him to dial the hyperactivity down. I can't bear to watch or listen to him because of the constant screaming and flailing and I probably miss some good advice because of it.
Me too - it's exhausting :(

Reactions: 4
Maybe he's having a midlife crisis and just doesn't give AF no more lol.
I don't think anything has changed, he's always been a publicity hungry and self serving journalist.

He's been immune from criticism because his advice simultaneously made him millions while also helping people. None of it was from the good of his own heart.

Somone on the radio yesterday said how helpful his "if you don't need it, then even if it's on sale it's a waste of money" advice was. Odd that he's accredited with common sense that predates his fame.

Ladbaby took him off the video thumbnail of the single on youtube, I wonder if he requested that?

1672215246791.png

used to be the normal cover, which I guess isn't as easy to change on iTunes amazon etc

1672215393671.png

Yel

Martin is back, with anxiety about social media. Wonder why 😆

Screenshot_20230103_130103.jpg

Reactions: 2
Lost all respect for that man. I just don’t trust him anymore especially as he disappeared from social media just as the questions started rolling in. Until he addresses his involvement with LadBaby his popularity will continue to decline

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Yel

If Martin Lewis had any integrity he'd answer some of the valid questions. He swanned off social media when the backlash started and is only back today as the government announced the £900 cost of living payments and he wants to own that announcement. His thing is repeating gov announcements so he had to come back to post about this. Even though it's totally not needed as all the media organisations have posted articles today.

I can’t believe he’s the permanent replacement for Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain starting Wednesday. He’s insufferable, Susannah Reid is insufferable and the smugness will be unbearable

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I can’t believe he’s the permanent replacement for Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain starting Wednesday. He’s insufferable, Susannah Reid is insufferable and the smugness will be unbearable
Oh you are joking! I can't bear it

Reactions: 2
Oh you are joking! I can't bear it
Afraid not. This article is saying various Wednesdays so that’s maybe not quite so bad. Maybe Ed Balls or Richard Madeley Monday Tuesdays and Ben Shephard Thursday Friday.

I think out of all the presenters, Martin Lewis is the most annoying. Richard Madeley isn’t everyone’s cup of tea by a long shot but he will ask questions others won’t and I can’t see Martin ‘I’m backing ‘Ladbaby’ Lewis rocking the boat on anything unrelated to money

Reactions: 1
Martin has openly said he has autism (sorry if not pc way of saying it) that’s one thing you can’t hold against him.

Reactions: 3