Martin Lewis the Money Saving Expert

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can't believe he did that. Also, on furlough don't you continue to accrue holiday? So if you re employed those that left then got rid of them, they would have accrued holiday that you'd have to pay them for?
Also, if staff left for a new job why couldnt they be furloughed by their new employer? I don't worm in hr but that seems obvious to me. I seriously don't rate him at all.
“top female cop” round these ways was caught out having sex with a vulnerable man whose case she was working. It took two years to get to court, she was suspended on full pay. Found guilty she was sacked, then they had to pay her two years of accrued holiday time that she hadnt taken... because of being suspended for having sex on the job.

Nothing in employment law would shock me!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So Martin has read here 🤣 He was on This Morning earlier and made such a point about him not being an employment law expert he can only give his thoughts etc etc regarding a lady asking about furlough 😮🙄 Yesterday if he'd been asked the same question he would have spouted on with his advice with no disclaimer for sure!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So Martin has read here 🤣 He was on This Morning earlier and made such a point about him not being an employment law expert he can only give his thoughts etc etc regarding a lady asking about furlough 😮🙄 Yesterday if he'd been asked the same question he would have spouted on with his advice with no disclaimer for sure!!
Was he all red in the face because someone had criticised him. If you don't know the law point the people to the place they can get some free advice. There are many organisations that offer this.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He also said that he's been finding his job very stressful - a real sob story! I would suggest that he (and Dr Hilary!) have done EXTREMELY well out of Covid. And Vanessa Feltz, and Piers Morgan and, and, and...!

• Haha
  • Wow
Yes! With his little book propped up on the shelves behind him 🤣

He wasn't red faced this time 😆 Very wide eyed and hand gesturing that his "is not, is NOT" an expert in that field. He made such a big deal of it today it screamed he'd been told to reign it in!

He and Pippy Schof really hate each other don't they?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love Martin Lewis, he’s saved me a fortune over the years. He helped my husband with a ppi claim we had issues with, he helped on Twitter he was brilliant, we ended up getting £12k with a loophole he told us about. He’s given £1 million of his own money to charities that will help people who have been affected by covid19.
I‘ve never heard a bad word said about him. Big fan here 😂
Ahhhhhhhhhhh you are the one person who bought PPI!

Reactions: 1
I once heard him say in an interview that he doesn’t like music. I’ve been a bit freaked out by him ever since!
That is so strange. I get everyone has their own personal music tastes, but there’s so many genres out there I struggle to imagine anyone not enjoying any type of music at all, not even one song? Bit weird...

Ive used his website and the forums before and found them helpful. I don’t think he’s some sort of saviour though. He clearly does very well financially out of what he does and that will be why he does it, can also come across a bit arrogant at times. I feel like it’s easy to tell people who have less money how to manage it when you have bags of the stuff yourself but actually living in that situation is completely different.

Reactions: 8
That is so strange. I get everyone has their own personal music tastes, but there’s so many genres out there I struggle to imagine anyone not enjoying any type of music at all, not even one song? Bit weird...

Ive used his website and the forums before and found them helpful. I don’t think he’s some sort of saviour though. He clearly does very well financially out of what he does and that will be why he does it, can also come across a bit arrogant at times. I feel like it’s easy to tell people who have less money how to manage it when you have bags of the stuff yourself but actually living in that situation is completely different.
Totally agree re someone who's loaded preaching to the poor. I find this with all the daytime show call ins - what the hell do Holly and Phil et al know about money struggles? How can they truly empathise?

Reactions: 7
I had PPI added to my credit card back in the early 90's, I was charged for one month and I told them I did not want it. Bank did not have the records on how much I had paid. So they paid me the average customer payout - I got over £5,200! Another bank sent me a cheque for 42pence.....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
He's got a lot of tit on Twitter for giving employment advice without being HR/law - I've been one of them 🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Yel

I'm Martin is finding it all quite stressful why doesn't he say no to these TV callings so they could have got an employment expert on? Bit late now though.

My ex made around 30k on ppi. He was one of those idiots I was always rolling my eyes at the things he fell for (like buying £5 insurance when buying a £15 electric toothbrush) he had the last laugh though really 😆

• Haha
I used to read the debt free diaries on his forum and feel very uneasy about him making money from other people's distress. Some of the posters were obviously posh types who had no clue how to budget but some were obviously in extremely difficult circumstances. I felt the site could offer some practical help like payment for blog posts. It all seemed a bit voyeuristic.

Reactions: 4
I work for a large retail chain and at Christmas we have special deals every week, Martin Lewis tips people off as to when a certain one is starting, sadly every year he is wrong😂😂 the amount of conversations I have had that start with Martin Lewis says........... then I alway say, does Martin Lewis work for ........? They cannot believe he is wrong though and often stand there arguing 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I hate that he pushes credit cards as a solution for money management. Why not talk about saving where you can, budgeting etc as the first solution? It’s so frustrating.

Also, when I found out he wasn’t gay I was STUNNED.
Same 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
that’s what I thought! The context was it was the day after Michael Jackson died and he was on Radio 2, and when the subject came up he said something like ‘I don’t really know much about him, I don’t like music to be honest!’ Such a weird sweeping statement!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had PPI added to my credit card back in the early 90's, I was charged for one month and I told them I did not want it. Bank did not have the records on how much I had paid. So they paid me the average customer payout - I got over £5,200! Another bank sent me a cheque for 42pence.....
You knew you'd only made 1 payment but accepted over £5,200?

I think he may be high functioning autistic. What they used to call Aspergers.
as someone with a husband who is high functioning, I have wondered this. He's very passionate about what he knows, and it explains why not everyone 'gets' him 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Martin Lewis is featuring on desert island disks with Lauren laverne so interesting if he doesn’t like music to do this

I used his for forum for advice . Filled in the resolver form and got all my ppi back & bank acc charges . Forever thankful for the advice . His advice lately isn't quite correct regarding Furlough although I'm still working so doesn't affect me but it does my friends.
I usually go to his website for car insurance tips. duck me my latest quote is £600! Driving 27 yrs, NC, live in a nice area . New car but duck me . It's up for renewal in 2 weeks . (Axa 😠).

Reactions: 3