Martin Lewis the Money Saving Expert

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel sorry for Lara Lewington!! 🤣

The man stresses me out...just reading some of the posts here I hear his voice!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He gets almost all praise on twitter, I can't see why anyone would call him a sell out for summarising the gov plans. But it works pretty well to be an engagement bait to go viral 😆. I guess just ignoring a couple of critical comments doesn't get attention.
Screenshot_20220527-134106_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 4
I have followed the mse site for many many years & it has been super useful but a lot of the stuff is provided by other users that he doesn't give credit too. That started to bug me

Reactions: 6
Regardless what you think of Martin, I think MSE is a force for good, in the main (though it can be quite troll-y at times). The website was "sold" some years ago to another company so I'm not sure how involved Martin Lewis is with the site now?

I post quite prolifically on an MSE bargain thread these days, that's about it. And 15+ years ago, some of their advice helped me immensely.

Used to be more active on other threads but another site took precedence in the last ten years (won't name names or out myself :) ).

Reactions: 5
I believe he is on the spectrum somewhere so that’s why he talks like he does
I had Major financial problems 10 years ago and without his advice I would not now be debt free and mortgage free
He’s my hero
Sane here . I had major debt problems 12 years ago and without his advice I would not now be debt free. Love him

Reactions: 9
I believe he is on the spectrum somewhere so that’s why he talks like he does
I had Major financial problems 10 years ago and without his advice I would not now be debt free and mortgage free
He’s my hero
I can’t remember if I commented that he talks so fast he gives me anxiety but it makes sense-my daughter has adhd and talks like a speed train, I have to translate her to strangers so now I know how they feel lol

Reactions: 7
What has he actually done that's been amazing? Most of his advice is either common sense or something he can earn commission off. He's no charity

Reactions: 10
It's nice that someone does speak up though for those of us quite ignorant to what's going on or don't understand it. I don't think hes amazing but I do think he comes across as a genuine good guy

Reactions: 5
What has he actually done that's been amazing? Most of his advice is either common sense or something he can earn commission off. He's no charity
To be fair, as much as I am not a fan (especially because I followed his energy advice and got stitched up) he did spearhead the massive bank charges claims as far as I am aware?

Reactions: 3
I can’t remember if I commented that he talks so fast he gives me anxiety but it makes sense-my daughter has adhd and talks like a speed train, I have to translate her to strangers so now I know how they feel lol
His machine gun type of speech puts me on edge to be honest, but I find his advice very useful.
I took his advice and put a PPI claim in some time, not expecting to get anything but then got a nice little payout. So thanks Martin !

Reactions: 6
I wonder if he's now regretting doing a charity song with ladbaby? It's very unusual for him to get this much criticism.

Reactions: 10
🎶we all need Martin Lewis, this Christmas time 🎶

It's a bit too self congratulatory for me, but I'm not surprised he wanted to be involved with a song celebrating himself 😆

LIGHT BOX 2.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I think the Ladbaby collab is a terrible idea for Martin’s brand, personally. And he doesn’t normally do stuff like this. Whatever possessed him?

Reactions: 12