Married at first sight UK S6 #7 Definitely Contains product placement. May even contain programme content. Be kind.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah duck Luke. Regardless of Morag, taking her out of it, he's the typical self proclaimed Mr Nice Guy Perpetual Victim. Came on so, so strong then a matter of weeks later it's all disappeared. To tell someone you love them when you don't is vile. He was just giving it large.
Tbf he did say he regretted saying he loved her on the final dates😂

Reactions: 7
I think Luke was probably very easily influenced when in Morag's company constantly. Changing his wardrobe, dressing up like a fireman and stripping while listening to her braying, it just wasn't him at all. Afterwards, when she'd asked for some space and he was back home away from her, he obviously listened to people who know him well and realised that it was pointless trying to make it work, to be someone's project and I think he felt embarrassed, which is why he retaliated the way he did.

Based on what we saw I think it must be absolutely exhausting to be around women like Morag and Amy. On the other hand, Bob and Meghan didn't work, cut their time short, but now seem to have a lovely friendship going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think Luke was probably very easily influenced when in Morag's company constantly. Changing his wardrobe, dressing up like a fireman and stripping while listening to her braying, it just wasn't him at all. Afterwards, when she'd asked for some space and he was back home away from her, he obviously listened to people who know him well and realised that it was pointless trying to make it work, to be someone's project and I think he felt embarrassed, which is why he retaliated the way he did.
This is what I made of it. I hope they both learn and grow from this experience - Luke clearly needs to learn to assert himself and love himself, and Morag - well, that list is long in my opinion lol

Reactions: 12
Yes I agree he changed himself a lot. Luke was so tanned at that reunion compared to the wedding day 👻

Reactions: 12
Finally caught up and watched it but didn’t find it very exciting tbh. Shame none of girls got a consultant with a stylist before filming. I can’t work out who looks the worse. Thinking Alexis wearing a long rope as a ponytail might take the crown …

Finally caught up and watched it but didn’t find it very exciting tbh. Shame none of girls got a consultant with a stylist before filming. I can’t work out who looks the worse. Thinking Alexis wearing a long rope as a ponytail might take the crown …
Meant consultation! Also must add I thought Amy’s hair looked really nice. But was she really surprised that her and josh would not work in real life 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Nah duck Luke. Regardless of Morag, taking her out of it, he's the typical self proclaimed Mr Nice Guy Perpetual Victim. Came on so, so strong then a matter of weeks later it's all disappeared. To tell someone you love them when you don't is vile. He was just giving it large.
Nah she drove him to it!! He gave so much and she dicked him around. I really don’t blame him

Reactions: 14
Nah she drove him to it!! He gave so much and she dicked him around. I really don’t blame him
I felt so bad for luke, you could see he was a broken man from past relationships then got morag telling him he wasn’t a man and she didn’t want a project person. I think a lot of it was for face on the show, and he didn’t want to admit how upset he’d been by the space and her clearly not wanting to really speak to him, as well as trying to maintain some of his ego as everyone said it wouldn’t work and he believed in it and really liked her!

Reactions: 15

What a shame it hasn't worked out. He was willing to give up Dubai for her, willing to take on her two kids which he didn't mind about and willing to accept she might never want a kid with him. Seemed he sacrificed a lot for her but i can't think of one thing she did for him.
I find that weird cos she’s just posted on a story a drawing her son did of her and franky on their wedding day

Reactions: 3
I felt so bad for luke, you could see he was a broken man from past relationships then got morag telling him he wasn’t a man and she didn’t want a project person. I think a lot of it was for face on the show, and he didn’t want to admit how upset he’d been by the space and her clearly not wanting to really speak to him, as well as trying to maintain some of his ego as everyone said it wouldn’t work and he believed in it and really liked her!
That’s what I think too. It was obvious from the start that he really needed someone who made him feel special and adored. Not someone who’d laugh hysterically at the thought of being married to him. Can you imagine? I think the bottom line is you have to have roughly the same values in a long term relationship don’t you? I don’t think Luke would have treated any woman he’d been matched with as if she wasn’t up to scratch, even if he didn’t fancy her or whatever. That’s what Moo never even tried to do - handle not fancying him with sensitivity. She can moan about the edit all she likes but she still said all those things.

Also think the children stuff was more significant than it seemed. I’ve known madly in love people try to find a compromise on that, but you really do have to be madly in love.

Reactions: 13

What a shame it hasn't worked out. He was willing to give up Dubai for her, willing to take on her two kids which he didn't mind about and willing to accept she might never want a kid with him. Seemed he sacrificed a lot for her but i can't think of one thing she did for him.
Is this you Marilyse ? The guy was an absolute nut case and she was a bit sly and cunning.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just thinking back to last nights show, did Alexis have her own segment on the couch? Can’t remember seeing her speak apart from with Nikita at the end?

Reactions: 4
OMG just watching last nights episode I totally forgot it was on. Cringing at Amy crying and clinging onto Josh. It’s nothing to do with your worth hun. You’re moody, angry and not ready to be in a relationship. I think Josh deserves better.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

This is a joke, right? The guy was(is) a narcissist. Everything he said had to include how great he was, how successful he was, how he was making such a huge sacrifice. Everything was about him. He made several comments that were clearly made to make Marilyse feel insecure/down. He was sucking the life out of her. At the end of it all you could tell it worked because she was 'feeling bad' that he had come to the UK for her and given up stuff - just how he wanted her to feel so he could control her just how he wanted. I can't believe this wasn't picked up and focused on by the 'experts' they should have told him in no uncertain terms that isn't acceptable and got him to leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How on earth can Amy and Nikita ever expect to have decent relationships when they're both so fiery and aggressive?
yeah I hate to say this as it’s not very feminist but I think if blokes kicked off like that, the experts would have much lower tolerance. Same with Megan’s rudeness

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.