Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I don't really feel like kicking the TERF nest but I feel like I've been transported back in time 20 years reading some of the comments and deliberate misgendering of Ella here
You cannot compel others to believe the same things that you do.
You think it's misgendering and I think Ella is a man because no amount of surgery will make Ella into a woman.
Nobody dislikes Ella because of the trans issue. Ella is judged in exactly the way that every other contestant on this series is, by their actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Did anyone watch Sophie and Adrian’s podcast interview with GeorgeS? I watched it on YouTube - does Adrian have a ❄ habit? His behaviour was strange!
---
This maybe isn’t the place for the discussion and if not please point me in the right direction - but, as a woman (born a woman?) myself - why does Ella’s feelings and wants trump mine? If I don’t want to refer to her a woman (and I’m not saying this is the case, just hypothetically) - then why do my rights - as a biological, born female, get ground into the dust to appease someone who feels they were born the wrong gender?

Apologies if I have worded this incorrectly or insensitively but hopefully what I’m trying to ask gets across.
I agree with you. I also don’t like being referred to a ‘cis’, this is not a label I want to be given - just call me a woman and leave it at that!

Reactions: 56

xcyber

Chatty Member
Tasha is a loud, obnoxious, mean girl. Think it’s clear she’s jealous that another young extroverted hotter girl has turned up.

Reactions: 51
Erica did sound like a bit braggy and it did come across as a snide remark about the other couples not being loved up. She will have seen the show before and known not everyone gets loved up. But Tashas reaction was too extra. If Tasha is happy with Paul then she shoulndt care what the smug scot thinks

tellmewhy

VIP Member
Isn’t there a thread for gender debate? Not trying to police the thread but could this be kept there and can we all agree to have different opinions?

• Heart

potatopotato2988

VIP Member
Listen have no opinions of Erica really, find her a bit boring but you can tell she's confident and it's no coinkydink that the two most insecure women in there had a problem with her (Ella and Tasha). Whereas, Jay (who is equally confident) didn't seem to be that bothered by her.

Danielle0120

VIP Member
Tashas story on IG, "it's an edittttttt, leave me aloooooooneeeeee" nah you behaved like a cunt, a jealous insecure cunt, and that's exactly what you are. She has the same attitude on her story. Gobby and childish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I hate the whole girls girls, women supporting women shit. Just because we have the same bits don’t mean I need to support you blindly. Just cause you have a cunt don’t stop you being one

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Hermione789

So so uncomfortable watching Shona and Brad. Sooooo triggering. Hope women watching this will realise they’re in these sort of relationships too and leave. Way too many toxic men out there

• Heart
Reactions: 49

gimm3more

VIP Member
So so uncomfortable watching Shona and Brad. Sooooo triggering. Hope women watching this will realise they’re in these sort of relationships too and leave. Way too many toxic men out there
Mel literally just described the cycle of abuse there. The extreme arguments/fights, blaming the victim, then the apology/I love you. And repeat.

• Heart

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
These are the people who say that transwoman threaten the meaning of womanhood even though being a woman is your own personal thing, so wouldn't even go there 💗
I’ve just been assigned to the cancer pathway for gynae issues and the literature I’ve been sent refers to me being AFAB. So I beg to differ about the meaning of womanhood being a personal thing these days, the likes of Ella mean I am no longer a straightforward female according to the NHS but assigned it at birth.

Pisses me off that at a time when I’m already stressed I’m having to look up what the fuck AFAB means thanks to all this nonsense.

Anyway, before I’m accused of being a TERF (which to me is just an alternative to grass seed) even tho I missed last night, those James Bond references made me 😂 can’t wait to catch up!

• Heart

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
I think those women are a minority of wannabees who want attention though, the ones who want to promote themselves as models/influencers or Kanyes next wife. The average woman doesn't think its a good idea to have their breasts on display in inappropriate settings.
They were at a hotel having drinks or tea in last nights episode, not a nightclub or beach resort. The majority of women sitting in a hotel lounge would know it was inappropriate.
It's not even about being appropriate is it. Every born woman knows that if they go out dressed like Ella they will be bombarded with comments, they will be stared at in ways that make them feel uncomfortable and God forbid something happens to them, they will be blamed - because what did you expect to happen dressed like that.

Nothing makes it more obvious that Ella doesn't actually feel like a woman than his clothes. Because he clearly isn't subject to that constant nagging undercurrent of fear that women feel. Every day, just because they are women.

Trans women might be scared that something will happen to them because they're Trans - I'm sure it sometimes does, but it's not the same because they are not the same. You can see it in the confidence they have to stand for themselves. They expect to be listened to, they expect to get what they want, they expect protection.

Women want those things too - but we very rarely expect to get them.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
I don't really feel like kicking the TERF nest but I feel like I've been transported back in time 20 years reading some of the comments and deliberate misgendering of Ella here
The words transphobe and terf have lost all meaning to me. They just mean 'someone (usually a woman) who won't do as they're told'.
Ella is male - you can't force people to believe otherwise and no amount of surgery will change that.
Ella is also a bit of a twat - but his trans status is irrelevant to that, as all the other twats on the show demonstrate quite nicely.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48